11 & 12 August updates - more PVM drop buffs, bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
First born

Re: 11 & 12 August updates - more PVM drop buffs, bugfixes

Post by First born » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Mike wrote: A really minor change to Barrows has been made, as you now spawn in the tunnel's ladder room. The room is fixed (not chosen at random), all doors are open and there are no monsters in the tunnels yet, but we will gradually add the use of the tunnels in later updates, to make it a little more challenging but also more profitable (still need those kill logs, though)

Barrows seem to still be the same as it used to be if I'm not mistaken(no doors open nor tunnels

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 pm

The tunnels are there now when you enter the empty sarcophagus. As of right now you always spawn in the same room, just go north one room and then west and you are at the chest

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Cancerstick wrote:The tunnels are there now when you enter the empty sarcophagus. As of right now you always spawn in the same room, just go north one room and then west and you are at the chest
I'm well aware of that.

As stated in the 10 August update post:
Mike wrote: A really minor change to Barrows has been made, as you now spawn in the tunnel's ladder room. The room is fixed (not chosen at random), all doors are open and there are no monsters in the tunnels yet, but we will gradually add the use of the tunnels in later updates, to make it a little more challenging but also more profitable (still need those kill logs, though)
In other words, the addition of the ladder room on 10 August is simply the first in many updates that will make Barrows more interesting and challenging. Closed doors, random ladder room and tunnel monsters will be released in future updates.

I was just wondering if someone had encountered a major bug in Barrows that made it unplayable. Looks like it's simply the fact that we haven't implemented the whole of the tunnels yet. But I did state that in the update post :P look forward to some more Barrows improvements in the coming weeks and months.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Mike wrote:
Cancerstick wrote:The tunnels are there now when you enter the empty sarcophagus. As of right now you always spawn in the same room, just go north one room and then west and you are at the chest
I'm well aware of that.

As stated in the 10 August update post:
In other words, the addition of the ladder room on 10 August is simply the first in many updates that will make Barrows more interesting and challenging. Closed doors, random ladder room and tunnel monsters will be released in future updates.

I was just wondering if someone had encountered a major bug in Barrows that made it unplayable. Looks like it's simply the fact that we haven't implemented the whole of the tunnels yet. But I did state that in the update post :P look forward to some more Barrows improvements in the coming weeks and months.
I can look into it if you want^^

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Andres wrote:I can look into it if you want^^
Be my guest :D
We don't necessarily need to incorporate all of OSRS's Barrows tunnels system, but something close to it (perhaps our own take on the system).

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Will we have slayer helm (I) and recolored slayer helms added soon? also, how is the wildy diaries & bosses going?

Wet wizard
Premium Donator

Post by Wet wizard » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Fix Attack-following while switching items in PvP?
I made a post on it.
When you click to attack someone and start following them, if you switch items, you are meant to still run to the original destination you were on the way to; but not attack them.
Currently if you click attack on a player and start running towards them, then switch an item, you stop completely. (effects hybridding)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Updated on 12 August
  • As of now, you will only have a chance at getting loot from a NPC if you dealt at least 50% of the damage of the highest damage dealing player. This way, players can no longer steal loot due to the 10 August update
Other bugs will have to wait until later updates. Right now I need some fucking rest.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Mike wrote:Updated on 12 August
  • As of now, you will only have a chance at getting loot from a NPC if you dealt at least 50% of the damage of the highest damage dealing player. This way, players can no longer steal loot due to the 10 August update
Other bugs will have to wait until later updates. Right now I need some fucking rest.
Great job, Mike! Have a nice rest, well deserved.

Basuraesti
Wise One

Post by Basuraesti » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:15 am

Wet wizard wrote:Fix Attack-following while switching items in PvP?
I made a post on it.
When you click to attack someone and start following them, if you switch items, you are meant to still run to the original destination you were on the way to; but not attack them.
Currently if you click attack on a player and start running towards them, then switch an item, you stop completely. (effects hybridding)
+1 this is important
Ryan wrote:You lot simply can't resist acting like children and calling each other fat online.