Duo slayer: Modern RS or OSRS system?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How should duo slayer work?

Modern RS: a shared pool, each kill of either player counts towards completion of the task
93%
OSRS: each player has a separate pool to kill
7%

Total votes: 61

Jonas
Fanatic

Re: Duo slayer: Modern RS or OSRS system?

Post by Jonas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Imo instanced bosses shouldn't be available for Duo Slayer, those are:

-Jad
-Zulrah
-Whatever else that comes in the future.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Having no rewards could possibly make it dead content here
It could, although personally if I was training slayer I'd be using it whenever possible just because it's more fun to do it with someone else.

Aside from the fact that we don't believe every new feature should come with "more of everything" to sell it like some sort of rewards power creep, the main reason we're leaning towards not giving any extra rewards is because duo slayer will inherently speed up your progress anyway. It depends on the kind of task you get of course, for example:

Let's say you get some kind of boss task. If you're doing it with two players you have double the hitpoints and inventory space, but you also have to kill twice as many since you're sharing the kills so that evens out. But you also have twice the damage output, and since you're killing it twice as fast the boss is only able to do half the damage before it's dead. So in simplified theory if a solo player can kill 10 of them before restocking a team of two can kill 40.

It's a bit more complicated than that of course. Some bosses damage multiple targets at the same time, respawn timers play a role, not everything is in multi combat zones etc. So it's definitely not like you'll be going twice as fast as a solo player. But I think overall, a team of two will be able to get 10-20% faster progress even without any extra rewards. If we add more bonuses on top of that it might just be too much.
The shop could be completely cosmetic, or have a new pet like when it came out in rs2.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Co-op_points

Most if the other rewards in that shop are already covered with spells in the lunar spell book

Megumin
Honor Player

Post by Megumin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 am

Azu rite wrote:
Rapsey wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Having no rewards could possibly make it dead content here
It could, although personally if I was training slayer I'd be using it whenever possible just because it's more fun to do it with someone else.

Aside from the fact that we don't believe every new feature should come with "more of everything" to sell it like some sort of rewards power creep, the main reason we're leaning towards not giving any extra rewards is because duo slayer will inherently speed up your progress anyway. It depends on the kind of task you get of course, for example:

Let's say you get some kind of boss task. If you're doing it with two players you have double the hitpoints and inventory space, but you also have to kill twice as many since you're sharing the kills so that evens out. But you also have twice the damage output, and since you're killing it twice as fast the boss is only able to do half the damage before it's dead. So in simplified theory if a solo player can kill 10 of them before restocking a team of two can kill 40.

It's a bit more complicated than that of course. Some bosses damage multiple targets at the same time, respawn timers play a role, not everything is in multi combat zones etc. So it's definitely not like you'll be going twice as fast as a solo player. But I think overall, a team of two will be able to get 10-20% faster progress even without any extra rewards. If we add more bonuses on top of that it might just be too much.
The shop could be completely cosmetic, or have a new pet like when it came out in rs2.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Co-op_points

Most if the other rewards in that shop are already covered with spells in the lunar spell book
IMO these pets would be great rewards for a shop. Maybe add an effect like lucky pets but increase them for tasks and add maybe, 1% for the first, 2% for the second, etc. Thoughts? Would make the content not so dead if implemented if monetary value was added. But monetary value shouldn't make or break a system. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 am

Jonas wrote:Imo instanced bosses shouldn't be available for Duo Slayer, those are:

-Jad
-Zulrah
Make sure a player can't get Kraken task if their streak is below 3 but partner's is above

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:18 am

Jonas wrote:Imo instanced bosses shouldn't be available for Duo Slayer, those are:

-Jad
-Zulrah
Agreed

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:48 am

Not sure if i really like the idea of duo slayer. It will either be to OP to balance or completly dead content, no meadian.

Xanax 2mg
Premium Donator

Post by Xanax 2mg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 am

yes! i love This idea. it was The best part about runescape besdies pking ofc. i really hope we can Put This in the game.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm

I defiantly prefer it where the number is shared :)

Poly
Honor Player

Post by Poly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 am

Shared pool, since if you're playing with a partner you'll both want to be completing the task at the same rate rather than have one stuck on the task while the others finished.

Stoikva
Known Venturer

Post by Stoikva » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:58 am

honestly make it shared with rewards, if people want too multilog to get 99 slayer on an account or rewards without killing you can just do this anyway and reset stats. and even so, let people do it anyway, it's not going to make people profit unfairly other than maybe have some silly time making people be like 'how u get that ur only level 1' to which '0mG5l4y3r' responds 'hacked gam' - everyone's having fun
Your eyes drawn to irregularities and then the video