Duo slayer

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Re: Duo slayer

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:39 am

The builder wrote:The moment somebody had to bank, both would have to bank, and how would you handle getting to the task? If I tele there, we're too far away.
Kills would only count when both players are present. Otherwise player B could just afk at edge while player A gains exp for them.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 am

Coinshare wouldn't work here anyways. Assuming it's based off the mid GE price, alchables would be bringing extra gp into the eco. ex. 100m item, 60m alch - 50m/50m to each player.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Color x wrote:
The builder wrote:The moment somebody had to bank, both would have to bank, and how would you handle getting to the task? If I tele there, we're too far away.
Kills would only count when both players are present. Otherwise player B could just afk at edge while player A gains exp for them.
No. Otherwise you have to finish the task with the other person. What if you get 80 nex? Probably you won't finish it in one run.

If you normally get 40 nex as extended task in solo, you now get 80 nex together. If you're together, every kill you do is 1 kill for that task (you're doing the task together). You both get 50% of the slayerpoints/exp that you would normally get in a solo (and on top of this you can do some bonus exp/slayerpoints/whatever). You can also solo, then you get 100% of the slayerpoints/exp (as if its a solo task) and each kills will count for 2 kills in your task (otherwise it can be used as a way to super extend tasks :D).
That's how I would make it work.

A iron girl
Premium Donator

Post by A iron girl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Could irons participate and pvm with another iron? Would the person who does more dmg get the loot?

Big papi k
Rookie

Post by Big papi k » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:00 pm

A iron girl wrote:Could irons participate and pvm with another iron? Would the person who does more dmg get the loot?
no defeats the point of a solo game mode

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:37 pm

A iron girl wrote:Could irons participate and pvm with another iron?
no ofc not lmao

Eagle fe
Premium Donator

Post by Eagle fe » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Irons should have access to the rewards associated with duo slayer somehow though.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Eagle fe wrote:Irons should have access to the rewards associated with duo slayer somehow though.
Ya.

Don't make a separate store that basically forces people to team up in order to get an item.

+ Add the ability to make the helmets through slayer rather than just using the head on the slayer helmet like it does on OSRS. Not everything has to be extremely easy to get. Unlocking the colouring for helmets should cost 5k slayer points EACH and the helmets should be untradable.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Eagle fe wrote:Irons should have access to the rewards associated with duo slayer somehow though.
If it's cosmetics and other stuff like for example xp lamps, no i don't see why irons should get access to it?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:51 pm

I honestly see no reason to add special benefits or rewards for duo slayer. The point of duo slayer is that you can choose a companion to do a task together, nothing else. The fact that you can do bosses with a partner will already make it somewhat easier to complete a task.
The colored/enchanted slayer helmets will most likely be obtainable through the Slayer Store, costing a regular slayer helmet + stuffed head of whatever color you want + a certain amount of slayer points while the imbue scroll from the BH store (or, for Irons, from a clue casket) can be used to imbue the helms.

Also, to choose which system we'll use for the duo slayer (although I can already predict the outcome), please see this poll.