Wilderness achievements & additions

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Cadwalada
Premium Donator

Re: Wilderness achievements & additions

Post by Cadwalada » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:53 am

Lipe ripo wrote:
King four wrote:
Lipe ripo wrote:Instead of obtain this and that maybe kill x amount of bosses?
I would personally prefer this because it then wont be rng based
Same man.
I'd prefer having the rng in there tbh, getting KC for a boss to me is just boring, having it so you have to go for a certain item makes it seem a lot more fun, who cares if you go dry.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:26 pm

when is this going to happen!?!

King four
Honor Player

Post by King four » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:07 am

Migetmanz wrote:when is this going to happen!?!
when they feel the its good enough and majority of people will enjoy and agree with the update

Nerds123
Honor Player

Post by Nerds123 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:35 am

Mike wrote: [*]Deal 100+ damage to 10 different people without leaving or logging
[*]Get 50 kills using any full Barrows set (Edge/mage bank)
-To 10 people? Isnt that a bit too much? Most certainly people will boost this.
-Full barrows set? I dont see anything besides Dharoks being used, imagine ko'ing a person with torags hammers or guthans spear :grumpycat:
Mike wrote: [*]Obtain a Draconic Visage from the King Black Dragon
[*]Obtain a Treasonous Ring from Venenatis
[*]Obtain a Tyrannical Ring from Callisto
[*]Obtain 1 of each God Cape from the Mage Arena
[*]Obtain 4 pieces of PvP armour from Revenants
[*]Obtain 40 Choc-Ice from Glacors in the wilderness
[*]Obtain 100 Frost Dragon Bones in the wilderness
[*]Obtain 300 Hand Cannon Shots from the Chaos Elemental
[*]Obtain 300 regular Dragon Bones in the wilderness
-RNG is a huge factor in almost all (except last 3 since they are somewhat guaranteed drops so you can balance the amounts accordingly), But people can go days dry, and others instantly lucky on the first few.
Mike wrote: [*]Kill the WildyWyrm twice in a row without logging out or leaving the wilderness
[*]Kill Venenatis 5 times in a row without logging out or leaving the wilderness
[*]Kill the Chaos elemental 7 times without logging out or leaving the wilderness
[*]Kill the King Black Dragon 10 times without logging out or leaving the wilderness
[*]Kill the Chaos Elemental while always staying under 40 HP
-I haven't done Venenatis in quite a while, But as far as I remember, It hits fucking high and accurately, pretty close to corp beast level of annoyance.
-The chaos elemental one actually looks pretty nice and does really seem like a challenge, others are mostly either super easy or super impossible.

@Mike, It's just my personal opinion on it in general, I also have a question about the kills (for example Venenatis kills since they are the hardest), Does it have to be a solo kill only? Will others (cc maybe?) be able to help around?
Spoiler: show

Cozeruk
Premium Donator

Post by Cozeruk » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:49 am

With the new update thread I'm just scared for my life. I don't have close to 80 choc-ice, and now you want me to get what amount I have, and more, and all in wildy? With the new post I'd like a new list
Image Image
Image Image

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:32 am

the 100 damage on 10 people without leaving wild is really hard. I could see deal 100 damage on 10 people without dying or logging out maybe.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:38 am

Migetmanz wrote:the 100 damage on 10 people without leaving wild is really hard. I could see deal 100 damage on 10 people without dying or logging out maybe.
No it is extremely easy but also extremely annoying for other people so I wouldn't like seeing it. This just means you are going to attack everyone you see and as soon as you reached your damage you protect everything, safe up, divine up until they stop attacking you and then repeat...
Last edited by Ruler on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:44 am

Sverre wrote:
Migetmanz wrote:the 100 damage on 10 people without leaving wild is really hard. I could see deal 100 damage on 10 people without dying or logging out maybe.
No it is extremely easy but also extremely annoying for other people so I wouldn't like seeing it. This just means you are going to attack everyone you see and as soon as you reached your damage you protect everything, save up, divine up until they stop attacking you and then repeat...
Accurate.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Color x wrote:
Sverre wrote:
No it is extremely easy but also extremely annoying for other people so I wouldn't like seeing it. This just means you are going to attack everyone you see and as soon as you reached your damage you protect everything, save up, divine up until they stop attacking you and then repeat...
Accurate.
Good point. If anything, this requirement would encourage ragging, so it might be best left out.

It's been a while since have actively followed this topic, but I have seen some good input. For starters, please check this poll to decide whether you'd rather have RNG-based requirements for PvM (provided that we only use items that have a high enough droprate so players can never go 100 kills dry).

PvM requirements aside, I would start off with the following changes to the requirements list:
  • 20 laps with spottier cape + brawling gloves (agility) equipped (instead of 100 laps)
  • 20 choc-ice drops from Glacors instead of 40 (since I overestimated the droprate)
  • Remove the 'deal 100 damage to 10 different people without logging or leaving' requirement
  • Remove the '500 damage with DFS spec' requirement in PvP and add it as a PvM requirement ("deal 500 damage to NPC's in the wilderness using a DFS spec")
  • 20 kills in the Deep Wilderness, meaning anyplace beyond the deep wilderness fence (instead of 100 kills at Mage bank)
  • Obtain 2 Tier 10 Bounty Hunter emblems (instead of Obtain 3 Tier 7 BH emblems)
  • Obtain the first spot on the 3h PK'ing leaderboards once (this should be really easy but can't hurt to add it)
  • Get 10 kills in Edgeville/Deep wild while having at least 4 Barrows items equipped (instead of get 50 kills using a full barrows set). The Amulet of The Damned is supposed to be in the game before the achievements are released, so that will count as an item as well (although it's only actually useful when used alongside a full barrows set)
  • Get 10 kills in Edgeville/Deep wild having only Oldschool items with you (go through oldschool portal to check)
As for the resource area, I like Sverre his idea of not having a deposit box, but an NPC that can note your items (though I would let it note any items for you, rather than just dark crabs).

Too bad we're still kinda stuck on the rewards. The TokHaar-Kal is bugged (goes completely through the body) so that's a no-go. That item's simply not made for OSRS. I'm not that much of a fan of having different tiers, I would keep it at 2 diaries (PvP and PvM) that each unlock their own reward(s), preferably something that can be useful in either PvP or PvM (other than a bonus such as "extra pkp/droprates").

I also think it would be a good idea to give all players with a completionist cape the ability to purchase one max cape free of charge. This way they can at least use the max cape while they are working towards completing the diary to be able to re-equip their comp cape. It's something I hadn't considered before.

Pvm keagan
Known Venturer

Post by Pvm keagan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Mike wrote: Good point. If anything, this requirement would encourage ragging, so it might be best left out.

It's been a while since have actively followed this topic, but I have seen some good input. For starters, please check this poll to decide whether you'd rather have RNG-based requirements for PvM (provided that we only use items that have a high enough droprate so players can never go 100 kills dry).

PvM requirements aside, I would start off with the following changes to the requirements list:
  • 20 laps with spottier cape + brawling gloves (agility) equipped (instead of 100 laps)
  • 20 choc-ice drops from Glacors instead of 40 (since I overestimated the droprate)
  • Remove the 'deal 100 damage to 10 different people without logging or leaving' requirement
  • Remove the '500 damage with DFS spec' requirement in PvP and add it as a PvM requirement ("deal 500 damage to NPC's in the wilderness using a DFS spec")
  • 20 kills in the Deep Wilderness, meaning anyplace beyond the deep wilderness fence (instead of 100 kills at Mage bank)
  • Obtain 2 Tier 10 Bounty Hunter emblems (instead of Obtain 3 Tier 7 BH emblems)
  • Obtain the first spot on the 3h PK'ing leaderboards once (this should be really easy but can't hurt to add it)
  • Get 10 kills in Edgeville/Deep wild while having at least 4 Barrows items equipped (instead of get 50 kills using a full barrows set). The Amulet of The Damned is supposed to be in the game before the achievements are released, so that will count as an item as well (although it's only actually useful when used alongside a full barrows set)
  • Get 10 kills in Edgeville/Deep wild having only Oldschool items with you (go through oldschool portal to check)
As for the resource area, I like Sverre his idea of not having a deposit box, but an NPC that can note your items (though I would let it note any items for you, rather than just dark crabs).

Too bad we're still kinda stuck on the rewards. The TokHaar-Kal is bugged (goes completely through the body) so that's a no-go. That item's simply not made for OSRS. I'm not that much of a fan of having different tiers, I would keep it at 2 diaries (PvP and PvM) that each unlock their own reward(s), preferably something that can be useful in either PvP or PvM (other than a bonus such as "extra pkp/droprates").

I also think it would be a good idea to give all players with a completionist cape the ability to purchase one max cape free of charge. This way they can at least use the max cape while they are working towards completing the diary to be able to re-equip their comp cape. It's something I hadn't considered before.
All the additional added things give here are a good idea Mike, they will be somewhat slightly easier for people to achieve.

As for ideas on rewards;

The ancient obelisk - Make it possible to choose your destination once completed either diary? This would allow people to navigate quickly around the wilderness if achieved instead of hoping of getting to the location required.

Wilderness sword - This item could be used to for say give 5 instant teleport to wilderness wyrm per day give people a chance at getting there quicker for those who hunt it.

Frost dragon bones are always noted upon drop once both achievements are completed? This would make for a better money making side I would think and would possibly attract more to the deep wilderness.

5-10% drop bonus on monsters in wilderness when killed, example complete 1 tier and you would get 5% complete both and get 10%?

What do you think?