Zulrah in open beta!

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Zulrah in open beta!

Post by Mike » Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Azu rite wrote: Yes people eventually die, as expected. Last time you commented on venom you made it sound as if it wasn't going to act the same as osrs. As for not keeping it at 20 each time, you don't magically get better if you get snake bitten in real life, same with osrs, so why would you take less damage on pkh?
Can you give more information about what you plan on doing once the damage caps at 20 on here, without me having to log on to test is myself?
Fairly simple, once it reaches 20 damage, it reverts to regular poison (basically, as if you drank a regular anti-poison potion), starting at 6 damage and slowly going down as if you were poisoned by super weapon poison.

However, if/when you are poisoned, an enemy can always re-apply venom, starting again at 6 and climbing up to 20.

I did consider some minor variations of this approach (making it hit 20 a couple of times before reverting to regular poison, or making the poison start at 20 and going down to 0), but this one seemed like the best (and simplest to understand) so far. Venom once again introduces a very strong new mechanic to the game, and we don't want it to completely ruin the wilderness. We may decide to make further alterations to the workings of venom (perhaps only in PvP) depending on community feedback. It does need to remain balanced.

Also, most venomous animals aren't lethal to humans, despite common belief. Most snake, spider and scorpion bites will be very unpleasant, but won't kill you, unless you have certain allergies.
Look up the amount of "people killed by venomous animals" worldwide. The numbers may shock you :D

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Makes sense to have it hit at least 4 20 hit a plate before going to regular poison, however would this normal poison be curable with one dose of antipoison, or antivenom? Also would super antipoison give you immunity to this poison?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon May 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Azu rite wrote:Makes sense to have it hit at least 4 20 hit a plate before going to regular poison, however would this normal poison be curable with one dose of antipoison, or antivenom? Also would super antipoison give you immunity to this poison?
We might certainly consider that approach. But I'd like more community feedback on that particular mechanic before making changes.

Also, the immunity against poison & venom work the exact same way as in OSRS.

With this update will come antidote+ (which is basically superantipoison, but lasts a bit longer). Drinking any anti-poison potion (or antidote+) will not grant immunity to venom.
Combine zulrah's scales with antidote+ and you get anti-venom, which removes both poison and venom effect, but grants no immunity. Use torstol on an anti-venom potion and you get anti-venom+, which protects from poison for 8 minutes and venom for 3 minutes.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 am

People can reapply venom, but.. when in combat does the venom reset to 6 everytime the apply effect wouldve worked? Or will it just keep stacking towards 20 and only then a player can be revenomed

Lkn
Honor Player

Post by Lkn » Tue May 16, 2017 2:16 am

I think blue phase ranges way too much, Unless that was intended to make it more difficult. I also think the health is a bit low.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 16, 2017 2:19 am

Lkn wrote:I think blue phase ranges way too much, Unless that was intended to make it more difficult. I also think the health is a bit low.
Mike said the health is low for testing purposes

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue May 16, 2017 3:06 am

Mike wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Makes sense to have it hit at least 4 20 hit a plate before going to regular poison, however would this normal poison be curable with one dose of antipoison, or antivenom? Also would super antipoison give you immunity to this poison?
We might certainly consider that approach. But I'd like more community feedback on that particular mechanic before making changes.

Also, the immunity against poison & venom work the exact same way as in OSRS.

With this update will come antidote+ (which is basically superantipoison, but lasts a bit longer). Drinking any anti-poison potion (or antidote+) will not grant immunity to venom.
Combine zulrah's scales with antidote+ and you get anti-venom, which removes both poison and venom effect, but grants no immunity. Use torstol on an anti-venom potion and you get anti-venom+, which protects from poison for 8 minutes and venom for 3 minutes.
I would prefer leaving it exactly the same as OSRS for now. Let people test it in pking and pvming. Then if changes are needed, make them.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Tue May 16, 2017 5:05 am

Mike wrote:It looks like the 'double Zulrah room' bug had a very simple cause: people accidentally double-clicking the boat (thanks to Dylan for coming up with that idea).

So anyway, I fixed that. I also applied a fix to prevent Zulrah from dying at the same time it submerges (so you'll always get the drops). At the same time, I also found the cause of how Ironman mode players can cause multiple NPC's to spawn inside a GodWars Dungeon boss room (the fix will be applied on the live server along with Zulrah's release).

Dylan & I are currently implementing all the toxic items (that can be charged using zulrah's scales) and doing some more minor bugfixes.
I am still getting the double spawn bug, even when I talk to the NPC instead of clicking boat.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue May 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Adamthalion wrote:I would prefer leaving it exactly the same as OSRS for now. Let people test it in pking and pvming. Then if changes are needed, make them.
You sure about that? More often than not if we introduce something one way and then try to change it afterwards people go "nonono, this is what we're used to now", even if it's a beneficial change. Saves a lot of grief and frustration if you can avoid upsetting people like that.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:I would prefer leaving it exactly the same as OSRS for now. Let people test it in pking and pvming. Then if changes are needed, make them.
You sure about that? More often than not if we introduce something one way and then try to change it afterwards people go "nonono, this is what we're used to now", even if it's a beneficial change. Saves a lot of grief and frustration if you can avoid upsetting people like that.
Put it to a vote.... People are going to bitch regardless