Zulrah: getting there

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Zulrah: getting there

Post by Mike » Thu May 11, 2017 1:50 am

Today, I managed to finish the last of the 4 rotations as they work in OSRS. The timings, attacks, cloud & snakeling spawn locations, the whole lot of it.

What's left on my to-do list:
> Add Zulrah as (blockable) slayer task in elite tasks
> Allow players to hit a submerging Zulrah
> A few minor improvements to the melee version

Being worked on:
> Add the droptable
> Add serpentine helm
> Add toxic blowpipe
> Add trident of the swamp

Done:
> Make the necessary NPC's immune to venom
> Make Zulrah & snakelings apply venom
> Add antivenom and antivenom+ potions
> Add the pet & lucky pet with transformations
> Work out the rest of the red (melee) Zulrah stage
> Add venom into the server as a stronger version of poison

Elloethere
Known Venturer

Re: Zulrah: getting there

Post by Elloethere » Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 am

Sweet! So stoked!

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu May 11, 2017 2:03 am

Is venom going to work like it does on osrs?

Pearlescent
Premium Donator

Post by Pearlescent » Thu May 11, 2017 3:15 am

Good job Mike :] Don't forget about the magic fang even if its only possible to add to the trident! Looking forward to it

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu May 11, 2017 5:07 am

Good shit Mike. Looking forward to this.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 am

Pearlescent wrote:Good job Mike :] Don't forget about the magic fang even if its only possible to add to the trident! Looking forward to it
Toxic Staff of light incoming? :badjokeeel:

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Thu May 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Wow, Mike. Great moves, keep it up.
> Figure out the exact coordinates Zulrah attacks you in during melee stage (appear to be 5 coordinates - 2 at the tips of the island, 1 in the middle between the pillars and 2 on the sides). Also figure out what spots are safe from melee attacks.
No spot is "safe" from melee attacks, Zulrah can hit you from anywhere you just have to move before the attack takes place, if he hits you he also stuns you.
> Figure out if Zulrah's magic attacks also apply venom
Only Zulrah's third form the blue one can venom a player, if the player successfully tanks or blocks with prayer then venom isn't applied, if Zulrah was to do even 1 damage in the blue form then the player is venomed.
> Figure out if toxic clouds apply the actual venom to the player (aside from applying 1 - 3 unblockable damage each tick a person is inside a toxic cloud)
Yes, they do apply Venom.
> Add serpentine helm
Make sure venom and poison can't be applied to the player assuming they're wearing this helmet.

Pearlescent
Premium Donator

Post by Pearlescent » Thu May 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Pearlescent wrote:Good job Mike :] Don't forget about the magic fang even if its only possible to add to the trident! Looking forward to it
Toxic Staff of light incoming? :badjokeeel:
plsno, venom shouldn't be in PvP preferably but it does have a place in PvM (yes i know you were joking but still)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu May 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Ross wrote:Wow, Mike. Great moves, keep it up.
> Figure out the exact coordinates Zulrah attacks you in during melee stage (appear to be 5 coordinates - 2 at the tips of the island, 1 in the middle between the pillars and 2 on the sides). Also figure out what spots are safe from melee attacks.
No spot is "safe" from melee attacks, Zulrah can hit you from anywhere you just have to move before the attack takes place, if he hits you he also stuns you.
> Figure out if Zulrah's magic attacks also apply venom
Only Zulrah's third form the blue one can venom a player, if the player successfully tanks or blocks with prayer then venom isn't applied, if Zulrah was to do even 1 damage in the blue form then the player is venomed.
> Figure out if toxic clouds apply the actual venom to the player (aside from applying 1 - 3 unblockable damage each tick a person is inside a toxic cloud)
Yes, they do apply Venom.
> Add serpentine helm
Make sure venom and poison can't be applied to the player assuming they're wearing this helmet.
I know about the serpentine helmet's function, but thank you for pointing out all the details - I can surely use those to verify my information.

Can someone confirm that only the blue Zulrah form can envenom you (with both its magic and ranged attacks)?
Also, do both melee and magic snakelings apply venom? If so, how often? I'd guess once every 4 attacks or so. As for the clouds, I'd also guess that every tick you're inside a cloud, there's a 1/4 chance to get envenomed.

As for venomous items, we are planning to allow the toxic blowpipe & toxic staff of the dead in both PvP and PvM, we just have to make sure it's balanced and not too overpowered. I don't think we would add the venom effect exactly the same way it is in OSRS, since that buildup of unblockable damage from 6 (with +2 every 20 seconds) is indeed very strong.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu May 11, 2017 3:15 pm

If you don't add it as is on osrs, people will bitch. People will just have to learn to antivenom/antipoison