Dying @ Zulrah

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should happen with lost items when dying at Zulrah?

Drop on the island with a high timeout (like 20 minutes)
5%
Drop near the boat (where the priestess is found on OSRS) with a high timeout (like 20 mins)
62%
Add the priestess just like it is in OSRS, who holds onto all lost items until you die another time (takes time to code)
33%

Total votes: 91

Mike
Programmer

Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Mike » Tue May 09, 2017 4:33 am

In OSRS, when you die at Zulrah, the priestess will hold on to all your items you lost on death (unless you die a second time somewhere, in which case they are all lost). However, we don't have anything like that on PkHonor and it would of course take some time to code the priestess in like that.

I see 2 alternative solutions that both would take less than 5 minutes to code, but we could go for the full thing, priestess and all.

One advantage to having the priestess like in OSRS is alternative, but very much abused way, to allow extra space for Ultimate Ironman Mode players - I'm not sure if we want that or not, so keep UIM (in a future update) in mind when choosing on the poll.

Cast your votes!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Iron adam » Tue May 09, 2017 4:40 am

I like the idea of dropping it outside. Honestly we don't need to have the Zulrah banking for UIM. It was never intended for OSRS. The achievements of a UIM on OSRS and a UIM on PkH wont be compared by people. The only reason they haven't removed Zulrah banking for UIM is because some UIM have already achieved things that would be impossible without that now.
The whole idea of UIM was no banking allowed. 28 inventory spaces and 11 gear slots. Zulrah and Looting bag changed that. So I guess it really depends on how difficult the community wants UIM to be. And if I know this community, they are going to want ezscape.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Tue May 09, 2017 4:46 am

Adamthalion wrote:I like the idea of dropping it outside. Honestly we don't need to have the Zulrah banking for UIM. It was never intended for OSRS. The achievements of a UIM on OSRS and a UIM on PkH wont be compared by people. The only reason they haven't removed Zulrah banking for UIM is because some UIM have already achieved things that would be impossible without that now.
The whole idea of UIM was no banking allowed. 28 inventory spaces and 11 gear slots. Zulrah and Looting bag changed that. So I guess it really depends on how difficult the community wants UIM to be. And if I know this community, they are going to want ezscape.
Didn't even think of this. I agree, when UIM is released this shouldn't be an alternate form of banking.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Fsmurf7
Wise One

Post by Fsmurf7 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:33 am

how about making the items go to refund box for a cost? The boss shouldn't be easy and should be willing to lose some money to learn and earn and it's called the profit snake for a reason.. so having a money sink wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue May 09, 2017 5:35 am

Tayron wrote:how about making the items go to refund box for a cost? The boss shouldn't be easy and should be willing to lose some money to learn and earn and it's called the profit snake for a reason.. so having a money sink wouldn't be such a bad idea.
What? That makes zero sense. Why would you change the death mechanics to something that is completely unrelated.
Profit Snake = Money Sink ??? Opposites

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 09, 2017 5:58 am

So annoying to vote for the wrong thing and not be able to change your vote, if only there was an option to prevent this when creating polls...hmmm

Mike the noob ;)

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 am

2nd option, I feel as if we don't need all of the osrs features. Dropping on the floor would do fine also means it would come out quicker;)?

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Tue May 09, 2017 12:27 pm

For now it should be the 2nd option, later on we should switch to 3rd

Grant
Premium Donator

Post by Grant » Tue May 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Jonas wrote:For now it should be the 2nd option, later on we should switch to 3rd

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Tue May 09, 2017 1:43 pm

2nd is basically the same as 3rd, 20mins is fine.

2nd best imo