PK'ing for Ironman Mode players

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Would you ever go PK'ing as Ironman Mode player?

Yes, but only if there was something to gain from it (so not the way it works now)
33%
Yes, I PK as Iron for the fun of it
3%
No, I would never PK as Iron
38%
I don't play Ironman Mode but i do think I would PK as one
12%
I don't play Ironman Mode and I don't think I would PK as one
14%

Total votes: 58

Mike
Programmer

PK'ing for Ironman Mode players

Post by Mike » Mon May 08, 2017 2:59 pm

What I'd like to find out is exactly how many Ironman Mode players are into PvP. As in, going to the wilderness and seeking a fight with others. Risking gear by going PvM in deep wildy does not count as PvP for Irons in this case - that's simply PvM with risk (since regular players can get something out of killing you).

I know, there's nothing in PvP in the wilderness for irons, since they obviously can't get any loot. However, for the sake of argument, imagine they can get *something* out of it that makes it worth it (I know, it would defeat the purpose of the gamemode, but bear with me a second). Do you think you'd like to partake in PvP in the wild as Iron? Or only on a regular account?

Thank you!

Kurtis
Honor Player

Re: PK'ing for Ironman Mode players

Post by Kurtis » Mon May 08, 2017 3:05 pm

the 500 kill count req should never be removed for irons they're just being lazy like they've not got it easy enough already.

Edit: maybe make it so irons can get elites from killing reg players in wildy that seems a decent enough reason for them to pk.
Last edited by Kurtis on Mon May 08, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon May 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Donkey dick wrote:the 500 kill count req should never be removed for irons they're just being lazy like they've not got it easy enough already.
I never said we'd remove the 500 killcount requirement - at least not just like that without putting an equally challenging (and less boostable) PvP task instead. All I ask is, would you PK as iron, yes or no?

A iron girl
Premium Donator

Post by A iron girl » Mon May 08, 2017 3:08 pm

I think if ironmen had a chance of getting an elite from a kill, it would encourage a lot of them to pk.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon May 08, 2017 3:09 pm

I think you would get the answer that they don't pk but that might have different reasons than the rewards or having the supplies.
I think if you reach the point of having a comp cape on an ironman, you will be able to pk (supplies etc) just fine. Problem is that most ironmans are the people that enjoy pvming and skilling. It's already hard to get normal pvmers and skillers to pk, having to convince ironman is even harder because they have to grind for their supplies to pk and don't even get anything from it. Pkers stick to normal accounts.

Mohmed saad
Rookie

Post by Mohmed saad » Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Yes mik thank you for pk

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon May 08, 2017 3:11 pm

The only reason I would ever pk on an ironman is: A) I am getting some sort of reward, or B) I have finished most end-game content, am bored, and do not have a main to pk on.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Babe
Wise One

Post by Babe » Mon May 08, 2017 3:44 pm

I can see it.. here come all the vets complaining..

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon May 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Babe wrote:I can see it.. here come all the vets complaining..
At least people are giving feedback.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon May 08, 2017 8:20 pm

I would never pk on my Ironman. There is no point to it for me if I cannot get any loot. It also goes against the spirit of a solo game mode. Ironmen are supposed to stand alone. The 500 pks portion of the comp requirement should be changed imo.