Introduction + new boss soon !

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Nerds123
Honor Player

Re: Introduction + new boss soon !

Post by Nerds123 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Jonas wrote: I see a few possible solutions to this:

A: Change all Dragon Darts (p) in the economy to regular Dragon Darts. (This was done with the occult necklaces)
B: Make the poison effect of the darts not work with the Blowpipe.
C: Leave it as is and change all the drop tables of dragons and other monsters who have the dragon darts (p) to dragon darts. (not the most favorable idea)
D: Let us have both Poison and Venom damage.
I agree with C the most, it gives all people a fresh start. Because if we do option A, which is still a good idea, people who stacked on dragon darts from 2 years ago could have a huge advantage....
Option D, no pls.
Option B, essentially the same option as A, but you could use the poison effect of them by normally using them like the way darts are thrown.
Spoiler: show

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Jonas wrote:Looking forward to this!

I want this to be brought to attention:
From OSRS Wiki wrote:The toxic blowpipe is charged with Zulrah's scales; it cannot be equipped if it is uncharged, except when fully degraded while equipped. It uses unpoisoned darts as ammunition, and can hold up to 16,383 scales.
Currently all dragons are dropping dragon darts (p) (and lots of players bulked it since they thought they could be used for Zulrah later on) which you cannot use with the blowpipe, will you let us use the poisoned darts with the blowpipe giving poison damage and venom?

I see a few possible solutions to this:

A: Change all Dragon Darts (p) in the economy to regular Dragon Darts. (This was done with the occult necklaces)
C: Leave it as is and change all the drop tables of dragons and other monsters who have the dragon darts (p) to dragon darts. (not the most favorable idea)
I also suggested this a long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=54824
Dragon imps drop dragon darts.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Color x wrote:

From OSRS Wiki wrote:The toxic blowpipe is charged with Zulrah's scales; it cannot be equipped if it is uncharged, except when fully degraded while equipped. It uses unpoisoned darts as ammunition, and can hold up to 16,383 scales.
Currently all dragons are dropping dragon darts (p) (and lots of players bulked it since they thought they could be used for Zulrah later on) which you cannot use with the blowpipe, will you let us use the poisoned darts with the blowpipe giving poison damage and venom?

I also suggested this a long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=54824
Dragon imps drop dragon darts.
I think you are missing the point. The comment was about differences between poisoned and unpoisoned dragon darts.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:18 pm

First off, they are dragon darts (p++)
A is a horrible option. Already too many in eco. Dragon darts would be used for everything and blowpipe would be insane dps.
B. No. Should be kept consistent with osrs.
C. Still would be too many darts entering eco. Only put them on the tables for kbd and dragon implings.
D Are you insane. Venom maxes at 20. Blowpipe max is going to be in high 40s already. We dont need poison stacking with that.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Yaaaay Andres!

Best of luck with Zulrah, you're gonna nail it!

As for Darts, deffo don't change them all. Peeps don't deserve to get such a head start when they didn't research it :P

Introduce the plain ones as a drop from KBD, Dragon Imps, and Wildy Miths. I think that's a good group to keep commonality low.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:14 pm

I think we can chill out for now until it's about release. I'm sure they will open a testserver and test the boss and weapon to see how powerfull it is and weak if nessecary.
Adamthalion wrote:

First off, they are dragon darts (p++)
A is a horrible option. Already too many in eco. Dragon darts would be used for everything and blowpipe would be insane dps.
B. No. Should be kept consistent with osrs.
C. Still would be too many darts entering eco. Only put them on the tables for kbd and dragon implings.
D Are you insane. Venom maxes at 20. Blowpipe max is going to be in high 40s already. We dont need poison stacking with that.
ImageImage

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Nice first DevBlog Andres! Looking forward to more!

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Questions regarding the toxic blowpipe:

Will I implement the new item(s) : Maybe. I can't really give an answer on it.
But since there is a lot of discussion about the implementation of the toxic blowpipe I am pretty sure Mike will make an official poll regarding the zulrah drops.
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:I think we can chill out for now until it's about release. I'm sure they will open a testserver and test the boss and weapon to see how powerfull it is and weak if nessecary.
Probably will allow a few experienced zulrah killers on the testerver when I finished a full rotation(1-2) to give me some pointers what could be improved. But that's not for the upcoming weeks.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 am

Adamthalion wrote:
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:I think it's hard for the coders to force a set price. What they could possibly do is making the dragon darts more rare of a drop from certain NPC's.
Yeah that's what I mean. Don't provide a massive source of them. They should be saved by people to use only in high risk pvp, or trying to out dps someone at endgame pvm. I think the source of the dart tips should also be consistent with osrs (dragon implings, KBD).

Also another note: Only unpoisoned darts can be loaded into blowpipe.
you could set the price above 1m by allowing players to sell to junk store for 1m ea..

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:06 am

Migetmanz wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:I think it's hard for the coders to force a set price. What they could possibly do is making the dragon darts more rare of a drop from certain NPC's.
Yeah that's what I mean. Don't provide a massive source of them. They should be saved by people to use only in high risk pvp, or trying to out dps someone at endgame pvm. I think the source of the dart tips should also be consistent with osrs (dragon implings, KBD).

Also another note: Only unpoisoned darts can be loaded into blowpipe.
you could set the price above 1m by allowing players to sell to junk store for 1m ea..

they're not looking to set the price. they want to make sure there are not many of them available in the eco. Setting the junk store price means it won't shift with the item's worth, as all the other ones do, based on ::prices.