Always stop attack on weapon switch

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Always attack on weapon switch (and remove option in ::settings)?

Yes, always stop attacking on weapon switch
26%
No, leave it as a toggle in ::settings, as it is now
74%

Total votes: 50

Mike
Programmer

Always stop attack on weapon switch

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

For some time, we've had the option to "stop attack on weapon switch", but today someone came to me today and explained to me how - thanks to the ability to disable that option - it is possible to switch gear to ranged/mage, get a hit in and then switch back to tank gear in no time, making it nearly impossible to counter this sort of bridding.

I hadn't actually thought of this thing as being a problem before, but as far as I know, neither OSRS nor RS allow for this to happen, since you'll always stop attacking on weapon switch there.

I want to know if the community is in favor of removing this option, making our combat more alike to OSRS and less prone to being abused by those who know the mechanics.

Rwter
Honor Player

Re: Always stop attack on weapon switch

Post by Rwter » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:33 pm

Support 100%, this is detrimental when bridding especially when mage can hit 49s and you can't do anything to counter it (switch pray etc)

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Even with it stopping if you're decent at bridding you can get a hot in and switch back to tank gear in no time, so having an option isn't going to make much of a difference unless you add a delay which will kill pking

Spirit tank
Premium Donator

Post by Spirit tank » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:45 pm

Agreed, plus I don't see a point in this if you have the option to toggle it off anyway?

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:48 pm

Brids are almost impossible to kill anyways (1v1) with the -60% damage, its already a fight to drain food first, why make bridding less about KO and more about draining food for 10 minutes.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:49 pm

Its always better to give the community an option instead of forcing them to adapt. Leave it as is.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:51 pm

Azu rite wrote:Even with it stopping if you're decent at bridding you can get a hot in and switch back to tank gear in no time, so having an option isn't going to make much of a difference unless you add a delay which will kill pking
Atm you can be shit and still do the same.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:52 pm

Xsquire1 wrote:Its always better to give the community an option instead of forcing them to adapt. Leave it as is.
No it's like saying "do you want an op way of switching which makes you technically impossible to counter". Switching isn't adapting. It's a part of bridding that's been neglected on here.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:53 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:Brids are almost impossible to kill anyways (1v1) with the -60% damage, its already a fight to drain food first, why make bridding less about KO and more about draining food for 10 minutes.
What?

I'm talking about hybridding at edge without divines or protection prayers.

Edit: Just realised you say the same thing on every thread and you're in wayy over your head.

Spirit tank
Premium Donator

Post by Spirit tank » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:57 pm

I understand your viewpoint Kishan, but you have to understand new players may not like that. Also in pvm i would like if i did a weapon switch that it would continue attacking. As for the pking aspect there's an option to toggle, so that's up to the players you fight if they want to toggle it off or on.