Custom whips: allow in the duel arena?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Allow custom whips in the duel arena?

Yes
54%
No
35%
I don't care
11%

Total votes: 57

Mike
Programmer

Custom whips: allow in the duel arena?

Post by Mike » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 am

The poll results from this poll (http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10916) seem pretty clear: all custom whips will be restricted from use against other players in the wilderness, but will be available elsewhere (you'll even be able to kill monsters with it that are in the wilderness).

However, one thing I'm not sure about is whether we should allow them in the duel arena. After all, if players see that custom whips can't be used in the wilderness, they may assume they can't be used in the duel arena either and get surprised (in a bad way) when their opponent suddenly takes out a whip of chaos and tears them down.

Let me know what you think. If you can tell me the reason(s) why you chose either option, that would be nice as well.

Note: no matter the outcome of this poll, custom whips WILL be allowed in places where it doesn't matter that much, such as player-owned house dungeons, combat ring, clan wars, castle wars (in the future) and fight pits. The only thing I'm not sure about is the duel arena.

Omfgags
Donator

Re: Custom whips: allow in the duel arena?

Post by Omfgags » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:33 am

I don't know how powerful they are, but if they are allowed in duel arena, make it for non staking only, or some kind of way to warn the other player of a custom, or a no custom option.

Dovah
Premium Donator

Post by Dovah » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:34 am

Yes. We don't want people to be unsure of what they can and can't do. Whips in duel doesn't present any problem.

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:37 am

Make sure they can't be used in a duel and everything will be fine. I'm sure people would still like to stake said whips.

Poem
Wise One

Post by Poem » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 am

Spoiler: show
As long as the option above is clicked, you can only use the same weapons you and your opponent have in common.
Show's the common weapon.
You must agree to even start the stake.

Why remove them from the Duel Arena? As long as the players there don't act completely clueless when staking, they won't get scammed.

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:54 am

Tired wrote:
As long as the option above is clicked, you can only use the same weapons you and your opponent have in common.

Why remove them from the Duel Arena? As long as the players there don't act completely clueless when staking, they won't get scammed.
+1. Don't have to remove them from Duel Arena.
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm

Swing set
Premium Donator

Post by Swing set » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:33 pm

4gottengodz wrote:
Tired wrote:

+1. Don't have to remove them from Duel Arena.
Where'd you go? I missed you so.. Seems like it been forever since you've been gone.

I need help fantasizing over Selena.

What new new said, as long as the player isn't clueless, they'll be fine.

Edisdnilb
Wise One

Post by Edisdnilb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Tired wrote:

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes, why not?

It's an other item ID then the normal abyssal whip. Therefore if people do a whip only stake they can't just take it out and (cheat)

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:34 am

What you could do is add another page-if selected to have limited weapons-to be able to choose which weapons you want to be allowed to use. This would help a bunch with stakes when people stake customs, and all other types of weapons.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.