What should we do with the prices?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should we do with the prices?

Increase the prices a bit
16%
Increase the prices a lot
24%
Lower the prices a bit
14%
Lower the prices a lot
21%
Leave the prices the way they are
25%

Total votes: 274

Drift lvl 99
Novice

Re: What should we do with the prices?

Post by Drift lvl 99 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:38 pm

I say that we should let the prices change themselves, allow the games economy to rise and fall to better simulate real world economies. I dont really see a problem with the prices as they are currently.

5alood100101
Wise One

Post by 5alood100101 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Madround wrote:So, people play for money? Anyways, eco reset is one chances, keeping everything same is too. But don't increase the prices or lower. I don't know if thats possible. But make script what divides all prices by 10 and every accounts cash stack too by 10(if more than 10 coins). Tickets... You cant divide it by 10 if thats like 11 1b ticks. Then do the same. 10*1b ticks = 1*1b tick and 1*1b tick = 1*100m tick etc. It wouldn't damage player base and make any loss to anyone.
Mike will never do a Eco reset I'm pretty sure he said he won't do it

Maurits
Honor Player

Post by Maurits » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:11 pm

5alood100101 wrote:
Madround wrote:So, people play for money? Anyways, eco reset is one chances, keeping everything same is too. But don't increase the prices or lower. I don't know if thats possible. But make script what divides all prices by 10 and every accounts cash stack too by 10(if more than 10 coins). Tickets... You cant divide it by 10 if thats like 11 1b ticks. Then do the same. 10*1b ticks = 1*1b tick and 1*1b tick = 1*100m tick etc. It wouldn't damage player base and make any loss to anyone.
Exactly.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:50 pm

5alood100101 wrote:
Doesn't mean that's not virtually the only solution to this game's problem.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Drift lvl 99 wrote:I say that we should let the prices change themselves, allow the games economy to rise and fall to better simulate real world economies. I dont really see a problem with the prices as they are currently.
Yeah, real economies are completely left alone... :grumpycat:

Icey legends

Post by Icey legends » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:44 am

i am ready to see the prices fixed tbh...and now with our influx of players we could use some regulation

PM me in game if you ever need to talk, or message me on the forums.

A famous guy
Donator

Post by A famous guy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:46 am

Drift lvl 99 wrote:I say that we should let the prices change themselves, allow the games economy to rise and fall to better simulate real world economies. I dont really see a problem with the prices as they are currently.
I agree with this, although a small price boost would be nice imo.
I could be Channing Tatum.
I could be Leonardo DiCaprio
I could be Kiefer Sutherland..
I could be anyone... but I'm just some random kid on the internet =)

Whats fc

Post by Whats fc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:56 am

Hashtag wrote:Sort them out. Start by:

-> Filtering out the majority of rares + customs.
-> Filter out the a large number of items such as: Abyssal Whips, Amulet of Furies, Dragonfire Shields, Barrows Sets, Bandos Sets, Armadyl Godswords, Dragon Claws and much, much more.
-> Reduce the number of these items that can enter the game. Reduced odds on Mystery Boxes / remove Custom Whips from Donator Stores + replacing them with other alternatives are a way to start. Drop rates on bosses are already quite low, but I would personally recommend lowering Nex further still.
-> Devise a system to control the supply/demand of these items in the future, to try and prevent a permanent failed economy (in terms of what we have now, which I would call 'permanently failed'). It shouldn't be something that results in a planned economy, where you control everything, as this would just cause chaos and distrust towards prices and items in general.
-> Find a way to reduce the impact of Honors in PVM - they contribute greatly to fucking over items like Divine's/Nex Gear, as they can be used for quick kills and easy loot, with no risk. Not to mention they have free access to a Fortune Whip.

In order to try and filter out customs and rares from the game, there are a couple ways that I feel would work well:

- 'Help' someone remove a vast quantity of items via staking, and then wipe that account. People will bitch if they find out what happens, so don't let them ;)
- Secretly buy them out (preferably through users who you can trust) so that people constantly sell them and are not aware that they will certainly leave the game. If people are aware of this, fewer will want to sell. Prices will rise for a short period of time, but they will crash hard in the long term if it is publicised.
- Give people an incentive to choose to remove their own items. Offer them a Black Partyhat if they trade in 5 Party Hat sets, or a Golden Partyhat for a Custom Whip Set, for example. Basically filter them out by offering people something simple yet desirable in return. Making these items limited time only offers may help or it may not, but offering a variety of items is a good start.

*I don't really think I've explained it all too well, but I tried. Plsnoh8 :3

Credits for the basis of some of these ideas (that I can think of):

Blahblahdie - http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php ... hilit=whip
Vcom - http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php ... =whip+rare

This was probably the best way anyone could have put it..

Johny
Premium Donator

Post by Johny » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Being a new player and all I personally think the prices seem to be good as they are now with that being said I believe the prices should stay how they are now and in fact not be changed in any way.

Shihao
Known Venturer

Post by Shihao » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:17 am

Nolan wrote:I believe the basic items are priced about as they should be, but items like rares should be increased a lot and put into the game less often, so I chose the second option.
i agree with nolan but wit that comes people like unicorn who get their banks 4x bigger