What should we do with the prices?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Increase the prices a bit
16%
Increase the prices a lot
24%
Lower the prices a bit
14%
Lower the prices a lot
21%
Leave the prices the way they are
25%

Total votes: 274

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:34 pm

One of the big things we want to keep ourselves busy with, is the economy. People have complained a lot, and it's time we make something better from it. In order to start working on it, we need some input from your side.

Prices are one of the most crucial things in the economy, but also one of the more tricky ones. Getting correct prices is not easy to achieve, so we'll let the community have their say in it.

Prices on RSPS's (almost) always a lot higher than on real RS. Now the question is, do you want the general price to be increased, lowered or remain the same?

Please vote as it is an important step for us to work on the current economy. Other ideas on how to improve are always welcome, and we'll elaborate on it together.

Regards,

Donderstone2

Nolan
Honor Player

Re: What should we do with the prices?

Post by Nolan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:37 pm

I believe the basic items are priced about as they should be, but items like rares should be increased a lot and put into the game less often, so I chose the second option.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:38 pm

With such a vast array of items it would be unjust to simply increase or decrease all prices. I am afraid the simple answer cannot be answered with the options listed.

Jesspkedyou
Premium Donator

Post by Jesspkedyou » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:40 pm

My question is, if the prices are changed according to your poll up there, either higher or lower, how will it affect our gold in the bank? Will it be increased or decreased as well? Or will it stay the same? Reason I'm asking is that if prices are lowered, and our gold stays the same, all of a sudden a whole lot of people can now afford a whole lot of stuff. It also would make it much easier for these rich folks to keep buying up all the items and hoarding as they do, no offense to anyone. Dunno, was just a thought.

*Edit* On the other side of the coin, if the prices are increased a ton, and gold stays the same, then 90% of the server will become a bunch of broke bitches, excuse my language, and rage even more about the economy. What say you, Dylan?!
Last edited by Jesspkedyou on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Azurite wrote:With such a vast array of items it would be unjust to simply increase or decrease all prices. I am afraid the simple answer cannot be answered with the options listed.
Of course some items need a different way of being handled that the others. But for now, I'm not looking at 'special' cases, just the general view. We'll get to that after this, but thanks for putting that out.

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Jesspkedyou wrote:My question is, if the prices are changed according to your poll up there, either higher or lower, how will it affect our gold in the bank? Will it be increased or decreased as well? Or will it stay the same? Reason I'm asking is that if prices are lowered, and our gold stays the same, all of a sudden a whole lot of people can now afford a whole lot of stuff. It also would make it much easier for these rich folks to keep buying up all the items and hoarding as they do, no offense to anyone. Dunno, was just a thought.
Well obviously your gold stack WILL change. If the prices lower, so will your gold stack. Of course, we don't just take it from you, we will decrease the total amount of coins in the game slowly until we have reached a point that is in line with the current prices. The same thing counts when the prices go up. We will add more cash to the game in the same way until we get the desired goal.

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:57 pm

And how will this fix anything?
Credits to maurits for Signature

Tactic kings
Premium Donator

Post by Tactic kings » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:09 am

Donderstone2 wrote:
Jesspkedyou wrote:My question is, if the prices are changed according to your poll up there, either higher or lower, how will it affect our gold in the bank? Will it be increased or decreased as well? Or will it stay the same? Reason I'm asking is that if prices are lowered, and our gold stays the same, all of a sudden a whole lot of people can now afford a whole lot of stuff. It also would make it much easier for these rich folks to keep buying up all the items and hoarding as they do, no offense to anyone. Dunno, was just a thought.
Well obviously your gold stack WILL change. If the prices lower, so will your gold stack. Of course, we don't just take it from you, we will decrease the total amount of coins in the game slowly until we have reached a point that is in line with the current prices. The same thing counts when the prices go up. We will add more cash to the game in the same way until we get the desired goal.

It all dependa really.

I mean, I wouldn't want you to just change the prices and let things fall or raise after you change them. You should change things before and let the economy work itself out. If people decide they want lower prices they'll sell things cheaper and vice versa.

Kevdizzle3
Novice

Post by Kevdizzle3 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:24 am

Unban vault of pkh #famjam #turnup

Subtle
Premium Donator

Post by Subtle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:30 am

All I can say is fix them.

I'm not an economist, and so I won't pretend to be. But you need to figure out what the implications of changing the prices will do. Every scenario will predict a different outcome. You need to find one that is best for the economy, not for the community.

The community will be sided.. between those who want to gain more money from the items they currently hold, to those who want to lower the prices so it's easier for them to obtain.

What is Pkhonors objective as a whole? What type of server do you guys want to run? One that people want to play? One that creates long-term community members? so on and so forth.

Keep sight of what you guys have set out to achieve.
I humbly invite you to join me on my proverbial beach chair