Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Let yourself be heard in our official polls!
Locked

Should there be junior and senior moderator or just moderator?

Keep as it is: juniors and seniors
20
42%
Merge the two and just have one rank 'moderator'
18
38%
I don't mind either way, as long as it is properly organized
10
21%
 
Total votes: 48

User avatar
Maurits
Honor Player
Posts: 8803
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Location: Retirement Home

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Maurits » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 am

Legit nukes wrote:I don't know if you have seen my thread In general staff but it's titled "New staff system" a lot of staff have given their suggestions and opinions on a new staff system including me.


That system compared to this one is far to complicated.
Image

User avatar
Legit nukes
Premium Donator
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:25 am

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Legit nukes » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:12 am

Maurits wrote:
Legit nukes wrote:I don't know if you have seen my thread In general staff but it's titled "New staff system" a lot of staff have given their suggestions and opinions on a new staff system including me.


That system compared to this one is far to complicated.


Not really....?
ImageImage

User avatar
Maurits
Honor Player
Posts: 8803
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Location: Retirement Home

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Maurits » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:13 am

Legit nukes wrote:
Maurits wrote:
Legit nukes wrote:I don't know if you have seen my thread In general staff but it's titled "New staff system" a lot of staff have given their suggestions and opinions on a new staff system including me.


That system compared to this one is far to complicated.


Not really....?


* Trial moderators.
* Junior help moderators.
* Senior help moderators.
* Junior pvp moderators.
* Senior pvp moderators.

or

* Trial moderators.
* Moderators.
Image

I2aw origins
Premium Donator
Posts: 3756
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by I2aw origins » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:17 am

Mike wrote:
I2aw origins wrote:Here is where I disagree, if they've passed their trial once, why should they have to deal with that again?


How do you mean passed their trial? Keep in mind a helper is not a trial mod and does not have to go through any trials to get that rank. Or are you talking about something else?


What I mean is, you said you'll demote current help mods to trial mods. Well they passed trial mod once, why should they be put back into that rank?

Trial mods should just be Moderators on a seperate account than they are now, same crown, same permissions. Having 2 different ranks for trial and reg mod will be the same as having PvP and help mod.

User avatar
Legit nukes
Premium Donator
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:25 am

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Legit nukes » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:18 am

Maurits wrote:
* Trial moderators.
* Junior help moderators.
* Senior help moderators.
* Junior pvp moderators.
* Senior pvp moderators.

or

* Trial moderators.
* Moderators.


Depends how you look at it.. We've suggested just "moderator" before and it's been denied because of the fact PvP moderator is a "must" but I don't know if that was just Hamade's decision or everyone's.
ImageImage

User avatar
Patel
Advisor
Posts: 7076
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 am
Location: Yo Place
Contact:

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Patel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:19 am

Maurits wrote:
Legit nukes wrote:
Maurits wrote:
That system compared to this one is far to complicated.


Not really....?


* Trial moderators.
* Junior help moderators.
* Senior help moderators.
* Junior pvp moderators.
* Senior pvp moderators.

or
* Trial moderators.
* Moderators.


I can't say simplicity always trumps complication.

Hear me out when I say this, guys:

We should at least keep a Junior and Senior system. Why? Because there are moderators that are actually senior moderators, and there are moderators that are actually junior moderators. There are people on the staff team with more experience and knowledge of being a moderator than others, and it would not be fair to put them on par with someone who just freshly arrived from trial hood.

Imagine being on the moderating team for 2 years. You have a boatload of experience, vast amounts of knowledge, and in the blink of an eye you are the same rank and have the same recognition as someone who just passed their trial. The idea of having one moderator rank is nice - it shows equality - but to those who have been there longer and have bled PkHonor only to be overlooked (and in turn, found themselves at a loss of motivation so that they'd almost never stand out again), it is entirely unfair.

I don't mind the idea of having one moderator rank. No, it seems fair. However, knowing all of the different complications and situations that can arise as a result, I feel like at the very least, a junior/senior moderator recognition should be established.

~Patel
कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन । मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भुर्मा ते संगोऽस्त्वकर्मणि ॥
Image

User avatar
Maurits
Honor Player
Posts: 8803
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm
Location: Retirement Home

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Maurits » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 am

Eater wrote:I can't say simplicity always trumps complication.

Hear me out when I say this, guys:

We should at least keep a Junior and Senior system. Why? Because there are moderators that are actually senior moderators, and there are moderators that are actually junior moderators. There are people on the staff team with more experience and knowledge of being a moderator than others, and it would not be fair to put them on par with someone who just freshly arrived from trial hood.

Imagine being on the moderating team for 2 years. You have a boatload of experience, vast amounts of knowledge, and in the blink of an eye you are the same rank and have the same recognition as someone who just passed their trial. The idea of having one moderator rank is nice - it shows equality - but to those who have been there longer and have bled PkHonor only to be overlooked (and in turn, found themselves at a loss of motivation so that they'd almost never stand out again), it is entirely unfair.

I don't mind the idea of having one moderator rank. No, it seems fair. However, knowing all of the different complications and situations that can arise as a result, I feel like at the very least, a junior/senior moderator recognition should be established.

~Patel


Giving the Trial moderator rank on their mains, this way you can keep them trials for a longer time as they will still have time to do things for their own, making it not become boring and everlasting.
They would be learning what to do in that period, perhaps its also better that way.
Else you keep the fact of "I'm more then you, I do less then you" which in my eyes is a big case right now.
Even tho no one might think of it that way, or say it that way.

I get what you mean, but I also hope you see/get what I mean.
Image

User avatar
B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic
Posts: 5102
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:45 am

Maurits wrote:
Eater wrote:I can't say simplicity always trumps complication.

Hear me out when I say this, guys:

We should at least keep a Junior and Senior system. Why? Because there are moderators that are actually senior moderators, and there are moderators that are actually junior moderators. There are people on the staff team with more experience and knowledge of being a moderator than others, and it would not be fair to put them on par with someone who just freshly arrived from trial hood.

Imagine being on the moderating team for 2 years. You have a boatload of experience, vast amounts of knowledge, and in the blink of an eye you are the same rank and have the same recognition as someone who just passed their trial. The idea of having one moderator rank is nice - it shows equality - but to those who have been there longer and have bled PkHonor only to be overlooked (and in turn, found themselves at a loss of motivation so that they'd almost never stand out again), it is entirely unfair.

I don't mind the idea of having one moderator rank. No, it seems fair. However, knowing all of the different complications and situations that can arise as a result, I feel like at the very least, a junior/senior moderator recognition should be established.

~Patel


Giving the Trial moderator rank on their mains, this way you can keep them trials for a longer time as they will still have time to do things for their own, making it not become boring and everlasting.
They would be learning what to do in that period, perhaps its also better that way.
Else you keep the fact of "I'm more then you, I do less then you" which in my eyes is a big case right now.
Even tho no one might think of it that way, or say it that way.

I get what you mean, but I also hope you see/get what I mean.


@Eater, That's the problem. Because I was a volunteer more than you, should I have more respect than you?
Last edited by B0rnt0b3pk on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

User avatar
Pay for free
Honor Player
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:18 pm
Location: England

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Pay for free » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:47 am

My vote is with junior and senior, it gives you some incentive to get from junior to senior.
Pay For Free - Established - 22-12-2010
Image

User avatar
Patel
Advisor
Posts: 7076
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 am
Location: Yo Place
Contact:

Re: Moderators: 'junior' and 'senior' or just 'moderator'?

Post by Patel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:52 am

Maurits wrote:
Eater wrote:I can't say simplicity always trumps complication.

Hear me out when I say this, guys:

We should at least keep a Junior and Senior system. Why? Because there are moderators that are actually senior moderators, and there are moderators that are actually junior moderators. There are people on the staff team with more experience and knowledge of being a moderator than others, and it would not be fair to put them on par with someone who just freshly arrived from trial hood.

Imagine being on the moderating team for 2 years. You have a boatload of experience, vast amounts of knowledge, and in the blink of an eye you are the same rank and have the same recognition as someone who just passed their trial. The idea of having one moderator rank is nice - it shows equality - but to those who have been there longer and have bled PkHonor only to be overlooked (and in turn, found themselves at a loss of motivation so that they'd almost never stand out again), it is entirely unfair.

I don't mind the idea of having one moderator rank. No, it seems fair. However, knowing all of the different complications and situations that can arise as a result, I feel like at the very least, a junior/senior moderator recognition should be established.

~Patel


Giving the Trial moderator rank on their mains, this way you can keep them trials for a longer time as they will still have time to do things for their own, making it not become boring and everlasting.
They would be learning what to do in that period, perhaps its also better that way.
Else you keep the fact of "I'm more then you, I do less then you" which in my eyes is a big case right now.
Even tho no one might think of it that way, or say it that way.

I get what you mean, but I also hope you see/get what I mean.


I see what you're saying with the "I'm more than you, I do less than you". That's definitely not right.
What I'm trying to propose is simply a difference in recognition and possibly a rank level. We'd keep both the PvP and the Help Crown, but members of both crowns would do the exact same thing. Only difference is - recognition. I like the idea of being all equal, but I honestly think simply recognizing someone for having moderated longer, or showing that they have more experience as a moderator, goes a long way.

When we think of improving the staff system, you also have to think of improving how each person feels as a moderator. We can eliminate Pvp/Help - it's really not working anymore (or atleast the way we wanted it to), but keep the two ranks of Junior and Senior, and have both do the same thing.

The opportunity of promotion to head mod or to admin would be equal in both ranks. They should be looked at no differently, and I'm sure you guys will do a magnificent job in enforcing it like that.

Having a separate, slightly higher rank would be moreso for the pride of being recognized as a more experienced mod, and also incase a lower moderator did go on a ban spree.

@Sick Ownage See, what I'm talking about here is not respect, but recognition. Respect is earned, and that can clearly be seen with the fact that we've had the entire community unhappy and disrespectful to an admin while at the same time respecting a wee help mod in the past. Not gonna name names, naturally, but the crown doesn't necessarily constitute respect. It definitely helps to earn it a lot faster, but it sure doesn't guarantee it. I also feel that no one would intentionally talk down or as a superior as a senior moderator to junior.

Senior is earned though. You've earned that recognition, and earned that respect if you are granted the rank.
कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन । मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भुर्मा ते संगोऽस्त्वकर्मणि ॥
Image

Locked