Infinite run energy in Raids

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should we remove infinite run in raids?

No, keep infinite run in the Chambers of Xeric
44%
Yes, remove infinite run in the Chambers of Xeric
7%
No, keep infinite run in the Theatre of Blood
44%
Yes, remove infinite run in the Theatre of Blood
5%

Total votes: 131

Lykos
Premium Donator

Re: Infinite run energy in Raids

Post by Lykos » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 pm

Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 pm Yes. Also remove it in wildy and other (future) bosses that require the player to run around. Allows us to sprint and tele all across the world for most clues and bosses but keeps the energy management a thing where it matters. Stamina potions would be a big requirement for any sort of infinite run energy to go away though.
no
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Treehugger wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm
Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 pm Yes. Also remove it in wildy and other (future) bosses that require the player to run around. Allows us to sprint and tele all across the world for most clues and bosses but keeps the energy management a thing where it matters. Stamina potions would be a big requirement for any sort of infinite run energy to go away though.
No need to sap the fun out of a private server
Literally 90% of the content is already reachable with teleports anyways. No need to dumb down some core pvm & pvp concepts either because muh arr-ess-pee-ess should be easier than osrs. It's not like you need to grind hours to get graceful or w.e (or pay a fortune to get stamina pots.)
The only places where you will realistically run out are at instances where you should actually be managing it (wildy & high tier pvm content). Even RC is like 3 steps til a bank so you'll get millions of xp before having to slow down for 10 seconds lol

I don't even ever remember running out of energy on PKH when starting out new accounts. Most of y'all just want to be able to go usain bolt from 55 wild to ditch while clicking sara pots but then call the game broken/unbalanced/shit with pathing if you're not the one naruto running through wildy lol

IMO this shouldn't even be polled since people will obviously choose the easy way out. This isn't a new feature, it's Mike having to make game integrity decisions.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:43 pm

Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 pm Literally 90% of the content is already reachable with teleports anyways. No need to dumb down some core pvm & pvp concepts either because muh arr-ess-pee-ess should be easier than osrs. It's not like you need to grind hours to get graceful or w.e (or pay a fortune to get stamina pots.)
Your response to me saying RSPS is "muh arr-ess-pee-ess"? How delightfully typical of you.
Anyways, the grind to get 200m agility was comparable to the grind it takes to get full graceful on OSRS. Stamina pots won't be a fortune. An overload is 2.5m.
Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 pm
The only places where you will realistically run out are at instances where you should actually be managing it (wildy & high tier pvm content).
Ok. So maintaining "game integrity" is someone bringing a stamina potion to do a few saradomin kills? Seems like it would just piss people off.
Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 pm
I don't even ever remember running out of energy on PKH when starting out new accounts.
Sounds like poor memory more than anything else.
Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 pm Most of y'all just want to be able to go usain bolt from 55 wild to ditch while clicking sara pots but then call the game broken/unbalanced/shit with pathing if you're not the one naruto running through wildy lol
Unlike Pkhonor, OSRS doesn't have to deal with run energy leech. Good luck running from a PKer from level 35 wilderness to level 20 without having to walk part of the way.

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 am

Voted no to both.

Even after reading the comments on this poll, I haven't seen a reason that would sway me to vote to remove infinite run, even if it is from these two places specifically.

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:02 am

Andres wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:55 am Infinite run is useful for those who try to do solo raids (which is a huge challenge on its own.) usually they take 1-2 stamina potions with them to run olm. You don't need stamina potions if you do raids with 3+ people in there.
There are only 1-2 sips of stamina used at ToB (P3 Verzik) so I shouldn't bother adding a limit there.

Perhaps give them an option to have infinite run disabled (enabled by default) and give them a 5% extra chance or so for a drop when completing a raid with infinite run disabled ?
You need stam for nylo as well

Also, team raids having stams are crucial if doing efficient raids, you definitely need a stamina potion if doing team raids, especially if doing solo/duos where you'll need more

I think you should remove run energy from raids :afro: make the kids click an extra potion once in a while
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:06 am

Unless you plan on adding or have already added the item weights, removing unlimited run won’t do much.

From what I recall in previous conversation, the item weights aren’t added and the rate at which run drains cannot be calculated properly because of the missing weights. Item weight is a huge factor on why you need stams and how many stams you need.

Crazyboy298
Rookie

Post by Crazyboy298 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:29 pm

We should always have infin run!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Treehugger wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:43 pm
Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 pm Literally 90% of the content is already reachable with teleports anyways. No need to dumb down some core pvm & pvp concepts either because muh arr-ess-pee-ess should be easier than osrs. It's not like you need to grind hours to get graceful or w.e (or pay a fortune to get stamina pots.)
Your response to me saying RSPS is "muh arr-ess-pee-ess"? How delightfully typical of you.
Anyways, the grind to get 200m agility was comparable to the grind it takes to get full graceful on OSRS. Stamina pots won't be a fortune. An overload is 2.5m.
Yeah, that is my response. Why cant everyone be consistent in what they want lol. In some cases when it would be a nice little thing its "well yea its and rsps but u should still not get everything given for free' and in some cases where it's pretty much a core aspect of the game its 'l00l man its an rsps chill kid'

What the hell are you talking about with 200m agility though? Getting 200m agil is completely irrelevant unless you're going for comp, and in that case it's clear that it was designed for people to grind everything out. But to be able to click on obstacles like a brainlet for like an hour to get something that drastically changes the game and lowers the skill ceiling in raids?

Also, why bring up leeches? The general consensus was already that they should be removed (and for some, maybe curses too)
Slap a ho wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:06 am Unless you plan on adding or have already added the item weights, removing unlimited run won’t do much.

From what I recall in previous conversation, the item weights aren’t added and the rate at which run drains cannot be calculated properly because of the missing weights. Item weight is a huge factor on why you need stams and how many stams you need.
I don't think it would be too hard for devs to scrape this info in a usable way from the osrs wiki and give our custom/rs3 items an approximation of what they should weigh. In fact we could even make the shadow whip a bit less useless and give it 0.00 weight or even let it reduce your weight. There's a lot of fun stuff that could be done. I think it would even be pretty feasible doing it manually (maybe do a community effort for it?) since we don't have so many items compared to OSRS. I'd personally even contribute to this list.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Lieven wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:24 pm
Slap a ho wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:06 am Unless you plan on adding or have already added the item weights, removing unlimited run won’t do much.

I don't think it would be too hard for devs to scrape this info in a usable way from the osrs wiki and give our custom/rs3 items an approximation of what they should weigh. In fact we could even make the shadow whip a bit less useless and give it 0.00 weight or even let it reduce your weight. There's a lot of fun stuff that could be done. I think it would even be pretty feasible doing it manually (maybe do a community effort for it?) since we don't have so many items compared to OSRS. I'd personally even contribute to this list.
Per @Mike from this thread viewtopic.php?f=93&t=69356
Mike wrote:As for the suggestion to implement the weight mechanic, that's something we've never really considered, since looking up and coding in the weight of every single item in the game is simply far too time-consuming to be worth it for us. Not to mention that a lot of players will find it to have a negative impact on their gameplay experience compared to unlimited run.
Scraping the data would be much easier than 1 by 1. Not sure the difficulty to implement.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Slap a ho wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm
Per @Mike from this thread viewtopic.php?f=93&t=69356
Mike wrote:As for the suggestion to implement the weight mechanic, that's something we've never really considered, since looking up and coding in the weight of every single item in the game is simply far too time-consuming to be worth it for us. Not to mention that a lot of players will find it to have a negative impact on their gameplay experience compared to unlimited run.
Scraping the data would be much easier than 1 by 1. Not sure the difficulty to implement.
Mhm I think people as smart & capable as Rapsey and Mike would be able to write a small tool that would allow them to scrape it. If it has to be done 1 by 1, why not turn it into a community event? Give people 10 donor credits per item ID & their weight, formatted so that Mike only has to copy-paste it. After a few weeks or so we'd have a great list for almost all items. No shame in asking help from the community, plus it'd be a positive thing since we have a small event like how the bug hunting contests are.