Solo Sotetseg combat mechanics

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should Sotetseg's combat mechanics differ against players who go solo?

Leave its regular attacks the same, make it hit only with magic (and melee if in melee distance)
31%
Change it against solos and make Sotetseg also shoot ranged projectiles
9%
Leave the big red ball damage at 70
9%
Change the big red ball damage, lower it to 35 against soloes
51%

Total votes: 35

Mike
Programmer

Solo Sotetseg combat mechanics

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:55 pm

This one applies to players who want to have a go at Sotetseg on their own. If I've informed myself correctly, the way it is in OSRS is that you'll have nothing but magic attacks (or melee attacks, if you stand in melee distance) and the big magic ball every X attacks to deal with when fighting this boss, not taking the maze into account.

In duo teams (or teams of larger size), regular magic attacks split into magic and ranged projectiles on impact, so you need to be watchful what's coming your way and switch prayer accordingly. When you go solo, there's only the magic attacks, so you simply have to keep your protect from magic on at all times.

The point of the big magic ball is that you need to group together to spread the damage evenly on impact, but if you go solo, there's nobody to help share the damage, so you'll always get hit for 70 damage, no matter what.

I agree that these (especially the 70 hits from the big magic ball) seem rather strange design choices by Jagex, so maybe we ought to re-evaluate it. What do you guys think?

Slap a ho
Champion

Re: Solo Sotetseg combat mechanics

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:21 pm

In solo ToB on OSRS, you tick eat with purple sweets. Solo methods on OSRS vs. solo methods on PKHonor will always be vastly different because we don’t have stackable food. Is our system tick based still?

ToB wasn’t designed to be soloable, people just got good and used the tick system in their advantage.

Edit: I too recall the tick eating being removed or fixed or whatever for PvP, not sure if the same rules were applied to PvM. But if they were, ToB will never be soloable on PKHonor unless the damage is heavily reduced per npc.
Last edited by Slap a ho on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:23 pm

I believe on OSRS you can tick-eat damage, so if you have 1 hp and the Sotetseg ball would hit you and you tick-eat it perfectly, you can tank it. We had this mechanic before but since it was discovered in PvP as well, I believe it was removed in general, so also for PvM.

I'm not too sure if all aforementioned is true, but if it is, I'd like to see this for PvM rather than change the damage.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:42 pm

Soloing Sotetseg is extremely dull atm. You literally just prayer magic and dps with blowpipe, and eat to 71.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:49 am

Slap a ho wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:21 pm Edit: I too recall the tick eating being removed or fixed or whatever for PvP, not sure if the same rules were applied to PvM. But if they were, ToB will never be soloable on PKHonor unless the damage is heavily reduced per npc.
Tick eating still works everywhere on pkhonor. I use it in castle wars all the time!

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:15 pm

With the current scaling of ToB there is no point in soloing at all. Keep everything the same as it is, no need for unnecessary changes.