Theatre of Blood NPC hitpoint scaling

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How many hitpoints should each Theatre of Blood have, depending on party size?

87.5% HP for four man teams, 75% HP for one to three man teams
2%
87.5% HP for four man teams, 75% HP for three man teams, 62.5% HP for duos, 50% HP for solos
38%
80% HP for four man teams, 60% HP for three man teams, 40% HP for duos, 20% for solos
60%

Total votes: 42

Mike
Programmer

Theatre of Blood NPC hitpoint scaling

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:06 pm

On OSRS, the hitpoints of any Theatre of Blood NPC scales as follows:
  • Five man teams: 100% HP
  • Four man teams: 87.5% HP
  • One to three man teams: 75% HP
I wonder if you all agree if this should be the same on PkHonor, or if we should adjust this scaling to make it easier for solo and duo teams to complete the raid. An alternative suggestion could be as follows:
  • Four man teams: 87.5% HP
  • Three man teams: 75% HP
  • Duos: 62.5% HP
  • Solos: 50% HP
At some point on the test server, I had even made the scaling as follows, but this felt too low for most:
  • Four man teams: 80% HP
  • Three man teams: 60% HP
  • Duos: 40% HP
  • Solos: 20% HP
Please let us know what scaling factor you think we should use, along with the reasoning why. Please keep in mind that the poll results are not definitive, they are primarily meant to get an indication of what our community thinks. The reasoning behind the choice is at least as important as the amount of players that feel it should be a certain way.

Thoby
Developer

Re: Theatre of Blood NPC hitpoint scaling

Post by Thoby » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:45 pm

I think the second option, having it at 50% at the lowest. Teams should boost the efficiency, not make it worse.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Thoby wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:45 pm I think the second option, having it at 50% at the lowest. Teams should boost the efficiency, not make it worse.
I only like the last option because, as I've said, our pool of experienced players is so small we can't even make two 5-man teams, and that says a lot. Being able to solo ( for whoever is able to solo ) is a great thing. In my opinion, it's much better to start with the best possible scaling until we get more and more experienced players. At that point, if the community wants, we can make ToB more difficult by raising the scaling to the 2nd option.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:27 pm

In option 2, why would anyone do a 4 or 5 man when 3 man has the better scaling.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 pm

Troll n roll wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:27 pm In option 2, why would anyone do a 4 or 5 man when 3 man has the better scaling.
In fact, doing a 5-man team is the best, since everyone should do around 20% of the hp. A 4-man team would do 21,875% individually, a 3-man team would do 25% individually, a 2-man team would do 31,25% individually and a solo player would literally be punished to do 50%.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:05 am

Respire1337 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm
Thoby wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:45 pm I think the second option, having it at 50% at the lowest. Teams should boost the efficiency, not make it worse.
I only like the last option because, as I've said, our pool of experienced players is so small we can't even make two 5-man teams, and that says a lot. Being able to solo ( for whoever is able to solo ) is a great thing. In my opinion, it's much better to start with the best possible scaling until we get more and more experienced players. At that point, if the community wants, we can make ToB more difficult by raising the scaling to the 2nd option.
Doing it that way would make it 100% sure people would ONLY solo it. If a nooby player would want to match up for a duo, which experienced player would do that? They would get way slower runs by joining a less efficient players.

Keep in mind that this is PkHonor, and you can still easily solo the bosses when they have 50% hp (torva, customs, turmoil, comp, etc will enable that). But it shouldn't be punishing when partnering up with more players. That would just be wrong.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:22 am

Thoby wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:05 amKeep in mind that this is PkHonor, and you can still easily solo the bosses when they have 50% hp (torva, customs, turmoil, comp, etc will enable that). But it shouldn't be punishing when partnering up with more players. That would just be wrong.
You also have to tank less in 2+ compared to single, which increases your dps from not having to brew down as much.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 pm

Since nobody seems to be in favor of the OSRS way, I have currently set the scaling to the second option on the test server (62.5% for duos, 50% for solos). I am personally in favor of this option as well, so as not to make the Theatre too easy.