Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should Hardcore Irons lose their status when dying in the Theatre of Blood?

Yes, lose the status
65%
No, don't lose the status
35%

Total votes: 62

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Post by Monys » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Iron adam wrote:Seems like we never learn... We don't have thousands of players making hcim accounts and getting to endgame content. This will end up being dead content for hcim who dont want to risk it, and the reason that hcim quit when they die. It will already be difficult enough to get the drops.

Most of you are missing another huge point. ToB is not able to be soloed. You need a team to do it, and if your team messes up, its going to cause you to die and lose the status.

Keep it a safe death and lets keep focusing on making content for all, not a few select endgame players.

You always make such good posts. Have you ever thought about running for admin, adman?

Support for safe death for hardcore boys and girl
Last edited by Monys on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:17 pm

Iron adam wrote:Seems like we never learn... We don't have thousands of players making hcim accounts and getting to endgame content. This will end up being dead content for hcim who dont want to risk it, and the reason that hcim quit when they die. It will already be difficult enough to get the drops.

Most of you are missing another huge point. ToB is not able to be soloed. You need a team to do it, and if your team messes up, its going to cause you to die and lose the status.

Keep it a safe death and lets keep focusing on making content for all, not a few select endgame players.
Just because we don't have many players playing a certain gamemode doesn't mean the gamemode should lose its integrity lmfao. When you make a HCIM account you know that if you die, it's game over for your HCIM status. And since not many players play HCIM like you said, why care if it's dead content for them or not? If teams are an issue, maybe get a team that knows what they're doing?

If you don't want to go to ToB because you risk losing your status, then don't go. Same thing with any dangerous activity.

Since when is this content directed at (hardcore) ironmen to begin with? Lmfao. ToB and Raids are supposed to be content for the endgame players who also have mastered the mechanics of PVM. Not all content should be catered towards ironmen. Ironmen should adapt to the new content instead.

The entire game as it is rn takes 0 skill and just needs your IRL time to grind stuff out. HCIM having unsafe deaths at ToB is one of the only opportunities to distinguish the truly skilled players from the brainlets who just sit at their desk all day doing the same thing over and over again. Don't take that integrity away just so that any idiot can throw themselves at ToB with their HCIM until they complete it. Even RS3 with elite dungeons (their kind of raids) isn't that forgiving towards HCIM.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Okay well you can enjoy your "game integrity". No HCIM will complete this content. The few who try it will die. It will be dead content for an entire game mode.

There is nothing inherently right with a raid being safe or unsafe. Raids 1 is safe for HCIM because thats what Jagex decided. Raids 2 was unsafe because thats what Jagex decided. There is no right or wrong, these were simply arbitrary decisions. Remember that we are a private server and can customize anything we want. If you want a carbon copy of OSRS then go play it. There is no sense in blindly copying a mechanic because "tahts how osrs does it". We have to decide which mechanics are the best for our game and our community. If you guys want to effectively exclude an entire game mode from the biggest piece of content we will receive since the 2017 client update, then go ahead with this. If not, make it safe.

Btw, ToB is not possible to solo. I wouldnt expect you to know that though. So any 'idiot throwing their hcim at it until they complete it' doesn't make any sense.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Yeah I just read this again and I have changed my mind. I still hate irons but might as well make it a safe death.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:18 pm

I agree with Lieven on this one. I've been #1 HCIM for quite a while until a skilling HCIM passed me while I was dead, the only satisfactory factor for HCIM is obtaining risky shit, if you don't like the risky part about HCIM, then don't bother making one. ToB should be the ultimate final goal for HCIM as it requires good gear and skills, I don't think that this kind of end game content should be safe.. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's this teleportation crystal on OSRS which can be used by HCIM to tele out if there is a chance you might die, why not just use this? If you then get screwed over by your teammates, just tele out and you'll be fine..
Last edited by Nazuths on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Iron Adam wrote:Btw, ToB is not possible to solo. I wouldnt expect you to know that though. So any 'idiot throwing their hcim at it until they complete it' doesn't make any sense.
? ToB is being soloed all the time.
Nazuths wrote:Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's this teleportation crystal on OSRS which can be used by HCIM to tele out if there is a chance you might die, why not just use this? If you then get screwed over by your teammates, just tele out and you'll be fine..
Yep. I thought this was already being added with the update?

I think it should be a non-safe death. Any moron that tries ToB on their hardcore without practicing on their main or normie iron deserves to lose their status. There’s not a single HCIM that didn’t practice ToB on their main before risking their hardcore status.

Brightburn
One Hit Wonder

Post by Brightburn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Dead is dead, everywhere if you die in hardcore mode.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Iron adam wrote: If you guys want to effectively exclude an entire game mode from the biggest piece of content we will receive since the 2017 client update, then go ahead with this. If not, make it safe.

Btw, ToB is not possible to solo. I wouldnt expect you to know that though. So any 'idiot throwing their hcim at it until they complete it' doesn't make any sense.
Make up your mind. First HCIM is a small group/niche that requires a free pass so the few players that are there will participate, now it's "AN ENTIRE GAME MODE!!". Can't really take those arguments seriously if you change the "weight" HCIMs have just to be right lol.

And yeah, sure, ToB might not be possible to solo for 99.9% of the people. Doesn't change what I said: HCIMs can and will still throw them and the rest of their team at ToB til they finally succeed. You have a main account for doing that. HCIM has its risks and that shouldn't change.

Why are you speaking as if ToB should be very accessible content for ironmen, heck, anyone? It's supposed to be one of the biggest challenges there is. Make it hard. Make people pissed off because they failed. This may be a RSPS but that doesn't mean everything should be easy or OSRSLite.

You yourself advocated that even though not everything should be a 1:1 copy of OSRS, the core mechanics should stay the same. This is exactly one of these cases where it should be like this. Death mechanics across all gamemodes should be extremely similar or the same like OSRS. That's what players (should) expect.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Iron adam wrote:This will end up being dead content for hcim who dont want to risk it, and the reason that hcim quit when they die. It will already be difficult enough to get the drops.
This does not seem like a valid argument to me. You could say that any risky activity in the game is dead content for HCIM's who don't want to take the risk. It's absolutely true, but that doesn't mean we should make everything safe because otherwise there's gonna be HCIM's who choose not to take the risk.

Every boss can kill you in a moment of inattention. We already have far more dangerous content, most notably in the Wilderness where you can't just teleport out of a bad situation (unlike ToB). Does that mean we should make all of that safe too because otherwise it'll be dead content for HCIM's?
Iron adam wrote:Most of you are missing another huge point. ToB is not able to be soloed. You need a team to do it, and if your team messes up, its going to cause you to die and lose the status.
What does that have to do with it? If your team messes up you can just use the crystal to teleport out. You may not have total solo control over whether you will be successful in ToB (just like any other player) but you do have control over whether you die. You're talking like a bad team can get you killed and there's nothing you can do about it.
Iron adam wrote:There is nothing inherently right with a raid being safe or unsafe. (...) We have to decide which mechanics are the best for our game and our community.
I do agree with that 100%. We should decide for ourselves what is best for our server and not just blindly follow OSRS.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:54 pm

If I had to bet, I'd say making deaths count will likely deter HCIMs from ToB, and that making them not count will engage them.

If we make this an axiom, what ramifications does it have for the server? I think that's the conversation we should be having.

I'm personally still in favor of deaths counting, we have a lot of perks on here that don't exist in OSRS. Teleporting out is still an option. You have agency over your own death, and if you're that worried you probably should practice on a main account first.