Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should Hardcore Irons lose their status when dying in the Theatre of Blood?

Yes, lose the status
65%
No, don't lose the status
35%

Total votes: 62

Cancerstick
Wise One

Re: Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Post by Cancerstick » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:19 pm

If the teleport crystal is added, or the ability to tab out is added, then yes to losing your status on death. If this is the route being taken, then the 'status death' should count whenever you die, and not just on a party wipe.

If there is no escape mechanic added, the no to losing your status. This would be like playing CW and dieing.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Cancerstick wrote:If this is the route being taken, then the 'status death' should count whenever you die, and not just on a party wipe.
Hardcores lose their status on death regardless of party wipe on OSRS, so I would assume it would be the same.
Dying in the Theatre of Blood is a dangerous death - Hardcore Ironmen who die within the theatre will lose their Hardcore status, regardless of whether the team successfully completes the challenges or not.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Why don't we middle-ground it and say if you die in ToB you get sent to the cage right, well what if it was safe UNLESS your team pulls through. You cannot teleport in the cage.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Isaac wrote:Why don't we middle-ground it and say if you die in ToB you get sent to the cage right, well what if it was safe UNLESS your team pulls through. You cannot teleport in the cage.
Eh rather not have weird custom tweaks to something as complex as ToB

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Isaac wrote:Why don't we middle-ground it and say if you die in ToB you get sent to the cage right, well what if it was safe UNLESS your team pulls through. You cannot teleport in the cage.
Nah. Theatre is dangerous content. Being a HCIM and raiding with a competent team doesn’t test your skills as a competent player.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Natte droom wrote:[Eh rather not have weird custom tweaks to something as complex as ToB
Custom tweaks on a custom server is a disgraceful suggestion I agree. :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel:

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:39 pm

Church wrote:I hate ironman they must lose status
Straight facts
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Isaac wrote:
Natte droom wrote:[Eh rather not have weird custom tweaks to something as complex as ToB
Custom tweaks on a custom server is a disgraceful suggestion I agree. :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel: :badjokeeel:
Custom servers are the ones with pikachus nub

Nah but if we're putting something as big like ToB ingame, we should stay as faithful as possible to OSRS aside from droprates/HP or Def scaling for our OP gear. Gotta give people what they expect from playing OSRS when introducing the new "biggest challenge ever", yano

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 am

Well if you're hcim don't go to new risky content unless you're willing to die to something that's not completely like it is on osrs.

Risk of dying still worth it because going there one day on release event means never going there again. Ez way to lose rank 1 nevertheless.

Vote says risky atm, I personally never done theatre of blood.
But one cons is the aftermath of people dying to something that's remotely a glitch but actually not well maybe a little. Then it will be all subjective to who's hcim and who's not.

I died at cerb on release because I wanted to avoid lava at the left by running to the right but that was not possible because at that camera angle the hitbox was literally the entire screen, even attempted to click mere pixels away from inventory interface. Give it enough time and you'll die to something like that doing new risky content and it's waiting on a controversial scenario. Maybe release it to hcim after set time but that's also not worth the effort for so few people.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

2 stupid dog
Novice

Post by 2 stupid dog » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:41 am

Iron adam wrote:Seems like we never learn... We don't have thousands of players making hcim accounts and getting to endgame content. This will end up being dead content for hcim who dont want to risk it, and the reason that hcim quit when they die. It will already be difficult enough to get the drops.

Most of you are missing another huge point. ToB is not able to be soloed. You need a team to do it, and if your team messes up, its going to cause you to die and lose the status.

Keep it a safe death and lets keep focusing on making content for all, not a few select endgame players.
I agree with iron adam on that point :thumbsup: