Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should Hardcore Irons lose their status when dying in the Theatre of Blood?

Yes, lose the status
65%
No, don't lose the status
35%

Total votes: 62

Slap a ho
Champion

Re: Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Rapsey wrote:You're talking like a bad team can get you killed and there's nothing you can do about it.
Well, a bad team actually CAN get you killed in ToB. Sotesteg for example. Chosen one runs straight across the puzzle floor instead of showing the correct path, takes no damage for doing so. Team follows that path, gets anal blasted for 20’s. You just have to raid with people you trust and you should also be prepared to teleport at a moments notice.
Iron Adam wrote:There is nothing inherently right with a raid being safe or unsafe. Raids 1 is safe for HCIM because thats what Jagex decided. Raids 2 was unsafe because thats what Jagex decided.
To comment on this... you have to consider the fact that tons of people dislike that CoX is a safe death. It’s actually dumb. However, you can’t teleport out of CoX. If you could, it’d be unsafe like ToB. Also to consider, this was the first raid OSRS had ever done. To compare raids 1 and 2 is... odd. They’re very different in structure and mechanics.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Choose your team wisely, have all BIS unlocked, practice on a different account, have teleport crystal, and you SHOULD lose your HC status on death there if you don't prepare in any of the things I stated prior.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Thearlygamer wrote:Choose your team wisely, have all BIS unlocked, practice on a different account, have teleport crystal, and you SHOULD lose your HC status on death there if you don't prepare in any of the things I stated prior.
I mean, pretty much except BIS. You can do it with subpar gear. But if you’re playing on a HCIM, yeah you should practice and raid with people you trust.

HCIM shouldn’t be risk free 24/7.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Patel wrote:If we make this an axiom, what ramifications does it have for the server? I think that's the conversation we should be having.
The more I think about it the more outlandish it seems to let HCs get items like the Scythe and Avernic Defender without risking their status, since those items will help them progress their accounts outside of raids

I think the team-based nature of raids will cause some salt when someone inevitably dies to a bad teammate. But I suppose you could also just not do raids on your HC if you don't trust your teammates

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:28 pm

As for drops, will it be possible for more than 1 player on the team to get a purple chest or will that be just like osrs? Sorry if it's a bit off topic, just wanted to bring this point up while we're all talking about raids.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Thearlygamer wrote:As for drops, will it be possible for more than 1 player on the team to get a purple chest or will that be just like osrs? Sorry if it's a bit off topic, just wanted to bring this point up while we're all talking about raids.
I think it should be 1 drop, heavier chance for the MVP to receive it over others. Drop rate on osrs is like 1/9 raids anyways and there’s 5 chests. Imagine if all 5 were purples - nuts. But raids 1 is the same way. Even though all players get loot, only 1 gets purple.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:47 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Thearlygamer wrote:As for drops, will it be possible for more than 1 player on the team to get a purple chest or will that be just like osrs? Sorry if it's a bit off topic, just wanted to bring this point up while we're all talking about raids.
I think it should be 1 drop, heavier chance for the MVP to receive it over others. Drop rate on osrs is like 1/9 raids anyways and there’s 5 chests. Imagine if all 5 were purples - nuts. But raids 1 is the same way. Even though all players get loot, only 1 gets purple.
Can't you get multiple purples in CoX? I don't play OSRS' but I'm quite sure I've seen videos of people getting more than 1 unique

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 pm

I've changed my mind again. I no longer have an opinion. I can't figure out which I prefer for when I do HCIM

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Nazuths wrote:Can't you get multiple purples in CoX? I don't play OSRS' but I'm quite sure I've seen videos of people getting more than 1 unique
Yeah, you technically can. It’s all based on the points system. So there’s a point cap depending on party size. With a party of like, 15-20 or something you can get enough points for a chance to roll 2 unique drops. I think the cap is like 40 people or something stupid. Raids are heavily scaled and you get like 800k points with the chance to roll 3 uniques.

But in normal CoX (solo, duo, trio, or 4-man), you’ll never roll double loot.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Church wrote:I've changed my mind again. I no longer have an opinion. I can't figure out which I prefer for when I do HCIM
Thanks for your input sir Church