What happens to items when killed by an iron?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should happen to your items if you are killed by an Ironman Mode player?

Items immediately become visible to the victim and all other non-iron players (almost no chance to loot your own stuff)
31%
Items immediately become visible to the victim and after 2 minutes to all other non-iron players (almost guaranteed chance to loot your own stuff)
33%
Items become visible to the victim and all other non-iron players after 2 minutes (50/50 chance to loot your own stuff)
37%

Total votes: 49

Mike
Programmer

What happens to items when killed by an iron?

Post by Mike » Sat May 11, 2019 7:27 pm

When an Ironman Mode player kills another player in the wilderness, they will not receive any loot (except the bones). However, right now such deaths seem to be treated as PvM deaths where the player who died has up to one hour to reobtain their items.

Since it's is clearly not supposed to work this way, we need to change it. However, I'm not entirely sure how we need change it. The logical choice seems to me to make all dropped items immediately visible for all other players so they can loot the dropped items (except the killer or other Ironman Mode players, as they cannot loot).
We can also give the player who died two minutes time to reobtain their items before the items appear for all other players, but that doesn't really seem right. Either way, let us know what you think.

Church
Premium Donator

Re: What happens to items when killed by an iron?

Post by Church » Sat May 11, 2019 7:35 pm

I'm a little confused by this poll, Mike. Would other players obtain the loot that the iron had on them? Wouldn't this essentially disable the entire iron man mode?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat May 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Dj church wrote:I'm a little confused by this poll, Mike. Would other players obtain the loot that the iron had on them? Wouldn't this essentially disable the entire iron man mode?
No, this is not related to an iron dying. This poll is only about when happens when you are killed by an iron.
If an iron kills a regular player -> all items are dropped and made visible for other players (except the killer because the killer is an iron as well)
If an iron kills an iron -> all items are converted to coins (half of the value) and made visible for other players (except the killer because the killer is an iron)

I know my initial explanation might seem rather confusing at first, I hope this makes it clearer.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat May 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Dj church wrote:I'm a little confused by this poll, Mike. Would other players obtain the loot that the iron had on them? Wouldn't this essentially disable the entire iron man mode?
The poll is about irons killing other players. As in ironmen participating in PvP activities. Not irons being killed. When an Ironman kills someone, the loot doesn’t appear for anyone. Rather, the player who was killed by the Ironman is the only person who can see the loot. The loot stays on the ground for an hour, just like when you die in pvm.

Anyways, make the loot visible to all players after 2 minutes. The person who got killed shouldn’t be able to see the loot until 2 minutes either.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat May 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Slap a ho wrote:The person who got killed shouldn’t be able to see the loot until 2 minutes either.
How so? I thought a player should always be able to see their own loot right away (or at least as soon as they can get back there). Are you proposing this as a way to make it so the person who died and the bystanders both have equal chance at grabbing the loot? If so, may I ask why? If you get killed by a regular player you don't get that benefit either, your items will almost certainly be looted by the time you get back to the location where you died.

Ayeno1
Premium Donator

Post by Ayeno1 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:The person who got killed shouldn’t be able to see the loot until 2 minutes either.
How so? I thought a player should always be able to see their own loot right away (or at least as soon as they can get back there). Are you proposing this as a way to make it so the person who died and the bystanders both have equal chance at grabbing the loot? If so, may I ask why? If you get killed by a regular player you don't get that benefit either, your items will almost certainly be looted by the time you get back to the location where you died.
To me, it seems like you think that if you die and the killer doesnt pick up your loot, it will be visible straight away to you. Well that is not the case. i think that the the rest of the players and the player who died should see the loot at the exact same time, being 2 minutes or w.e after the death. Only exception i would like to see implemented is that if the ironman has a normal account logged in on the same ip, then it would be visible to that normal account, so in a way, to allow the iron player to recieve their loot, just not on the iron account.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat May 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Rapsey wrote:
This is how it is in osrs. The player who died has the same chance to loot as the other players who did not get the kill. The only exception is untradeables.

Look at it like this. If you get killed by another player, everything you had is now the other players. If they choose not to pick it up, it would act as a dropped item after 2 minutes and become visible to everyone. Doing it like this helps prevent someone being able to get back to where they died and looting their stuff prior to the other person being able to collect their loot.

For example, in a 2v1 scenario you kill one person and begin fighting the other. That loot just sits there because you’re occupied elsewhere. It’s not fair that you risk the other person coming back to the same location if they can get there in less than 2 minutes and have the chance to pick up their items. KBD teleport for example offers this advantage.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sat May 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I'm not sure how feasible it is, but what if when an ironman kills another player their loot appears instantly to the killer's IP for two minutes, then appears to everyone else after that. This means that if an ironman kills another player they will get the chance to quickly log onto a looting alt (who isn't a restricted player) and loot the kill. Sounds crazy complicated though.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun May 12, 2019 12:29 am

Appear instantly or after two minutes for everyone.

Instantly gives a team that has iron fighting in it the loot for sure, but it could also happen that an iron kills someone while his own team is not nearby to loot it, but the dead guy's clan is nearby to pick it up instead.

2mins appearing to everyone would give the most expected result though.
#Justice4Church

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 am

Why must we overcomplicate everything?

Make it the same as osrs...
Whenever an ironman gets the kill, they can see the loot, but not pick it up then after two minutes everyone can see the loot pile...

Example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJa3Oo_wcdo