Hardcore Ironman Mode on death

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should a Hardcore Ironman Mode player lose their status when dying at:?

A Player-Owned House in PvM Mode: lose status
12%
A Player-Owned House in PvM Mode: keep status
9%
Clan Wars in wilderness mode: lose status
9%
Clan Wars in wilderness mode: keep status
10%
Wearing a salve (e) amulet: lose status
12%
Wearing a salve (e) amulet: keep status
9%
Dying by not responding to a random event: lose status
5%
Dying by not responding to a random event: keep status
15%
Dying at Zulrah: lose status
10%
Dying at Zulrah: keep status
10%

Total votes: 328

Mike
Programmer

Hardcore Ironman Mode on death

Post by Mike » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:58 pm

We've nearly finished our implementation of the Hardcore Ironman Mode on PkHonor, which we plan on releasing today (or tomorrow at the latest). However, one thing I'm not 100% certain about is under which conditions a Hardcore Ironman Mode player should lose its 'Hardcore' status.

Whenever a HIM player dies, they lose their status. This does not apply to safe areas, such as the duel arena, fight pits, fight cave, castle wars, pest control, zombie minigame or clan wars. A few things still need to be decided, as in what happens when a HIM player dies in the following situations:
  • A Player-Owned House Dungeon in PvM mode
  • Clan Wars when wilderness mode (risking items) is enabled
  • Wearing a salve (e) amulet
  • Dying at Zulrah
Personally, I think HIM players should keep their status when dying at Zulrah (since this is considered a safe boss). In all other situations, it would seem logical to have them lose the status.

Smokeice
Rookie

Re: Hardcore Ironman Mode on death

Post by Smokeice » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:01 pm

i really hope they don't add that salve one, that one is just silly. implement a ring of life for them instead
theres darts and hearts, im punching and breaking

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:09 pm

I agreed to keep status to everything but this - Dying by not responding to a random event.
You are HCIM, you're supposed to be on your tippy toes, you shouldn't "overlook" random events, you can't even really AFK that much as any mistake can be you losing your status. During my 5 years of gametime (although on and off). I've only died to Random Event once (to my recollection), and that was because friend of mine told me he'll pay me 5b if I get killed by it. As someone who has done hundreds of skilling services & almost maxed out my account + on my way to max out second account. So if you die to random event, it's because pure stupidity. Rest of them, I'm good with.
Salve is also something I agree with actually, the fact that HCIMs have to go to wild to grind something that can potentially save their life, but being in wild, killing revs t oget salve is is 10x more dangerous then anything else. HOWEVER, the account should be limited to only one salve at a time, meaning you can't get more then 1 salve, so HCIM's don't go to wild in dead timezone and grind salve Es. Everything else is 5+.

Also, if possible, give death the ability to buy PK items from you so you don't have to kill yourself to get PKPs. Death should however take 10-20% additonally to punish people for not dying with em so you can get PKPs.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:00 pm

I think the general rule that should apply is keep it the same as regular accounts. Safe death means that you keep your items, status, and has no effect on your account. Dangerous death where you would lose items, you lose your status.
  • POH PVM mode is NOT a safe death, therefore it should be treated as an unsafe death. You should lose your status. NPCs like Nomad and Dragon Guardian can substantially benefit your account. Why should that be risk free? PVP deaths are considered safe deaths in a PoH however, so those should not lose your status.
  • Clan wars. If you are risking items, you should lose your status.
  • Even though the Salve e creates a safe death, there is something inherently wrong with this. This game mode is meant to be a challenge. Even though the salve is rare and difficult to obtain, its effect is not something that makes sense within the game mode. To have the ability to PVM with safety 100% guaranteed is wrong. You would effectively be able to stack up lives on your account. This goes against everything that the game mode is about.
  • These don't even count as deaths anymore. The player is just teleported to jail. So the player should absolutely not lose their status. Especially considering how we still haven't fixed the bug where you can open interfaces while having a random event. Some new players don't even know that they have to respond. This would be a really shitty thing to implement.
  • Even though Dying at Zulrah was made a safe death on here, that was only to cut out the middle man and not require making the NPC to save items. HCIM should absolutely lose their status here as it is a boss that benefits the account. With great reward should come great risk.

Will be ok
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:06 pm

PVM PORTAL AT YOUR POH SHOULD NOT BE A SAFE PLACE.

Dead
Premium Donator

Post by Dead » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Shouldn't minigames not harm your status? E.G in clan wars, if you die, why would you lose your status on that? it's a minigame same thing for JAD ect, Would you lose your status in that?
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dead on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Dead wrote:Shouldn't minigames not harm your status? E.G in clan wars, if you die, why would you lose your status on that? it's a minigame same thing for JAD ect, Would you lose your status in that?
Mike wrote:Whenever a HIM player dies, they lose their status. This does not apply to safe areas, such as the duel arena, fight pits, fight cave, castle wars, pest control, zombie minigame or clan wars.

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:13 pm

I can't actually see the point in calling it HCIM if you're allowed these sorts of luxuries.

Dead
Premium Donator

Post by Dead » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:15 pm

I want it too be like normal OSRS; I posted what OSRS seems to be safe deaths and that's what you won't lose your status one according to how they implemented it.

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Exactly, I see no reason it should differ from those examples.