Looting bag droprates

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should the droprate of the looting bag be?

Same for all monsters (1/30, like OSRS)
76%
Depending on monster difficulty
24%

Total votes: 25

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Looting bag droprates

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Admin adam wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:Then, your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc bag will be a different one from the regular one ( being something like looting bag (inactive) or something along those lines ) to prevent possible duping. When you lose your first looting bag, the first withdrawn looting bag will become the regular item.
Mike has already said that you can only bank an empty looting bag. So when you lose your looting bag, all the items in it are dropped/destroyed. Withdrawing a looting bag from your bank afterwards would be empty. The game would already recognize that the looting bag for your character is empty.
Fair enough then, let's see if anything bad will happen ( let's hope not ). Looking forward to this addition and the permanent placeholders.
Is there gonna be an X-mas event? Or is this our long awaited gift? :O

B0rnt0bepeek
Wise One

Post by B0rnt0bepeek » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 pm

This is cool and all, but more important is I hope you made it so players can't grief their opponents. It was a huge issue on osrs, and with how toxic people can be on here lol, surely would be even worse.

For those whom may not know what I mean, it's when the looting bag contains items, and right before death the player dying would discard the bag causing all the lootations to be discarded as well.

So for example, on top of their pvm loot/pvp loot, they could be close to death and figure " Hey, I don't want this guy getting my arcane spirit shield that I'm risking, so I'll just throw it in the bag and discard it along with the other stuff so all he gets is a few barrows pieces at best".

On OSRS, they later changed it to so if you try and discard the bag with any items in it, they would automatically drop upon death, in order to stop griefing.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:40 pm

B0rnt0bepeek wrote:This is cool and all, but more important is I hope you made it so players can't grief their opponents. It was a huge issue on osrs, and with how toxic people can be on here lol, surely would be even worse.

For those whom may not know what I mean, it's when the looting bag contains items, and right before death the player dying would discard the bag causing all the lootations to be discarded as well.

So for example, on top of their pvm loot/pvp loot, they could be close to death and figure " Hey, I don't want this guy getting my arcane spirit shield that I'm risking, so I'll just throw it in the bag and discard it along with the other stuff so all he gets is a few barrows pieces at best".

On OSRS, they later changed it to so if you try and discard the bag with any items in it, they would automatically drop upon death, in order to stop griefing.
"Players used to be able to "deny" their killer from getting items in the bag by destroying the bag, as it destroyed all the items inside it. This was changed in an update on 5 April 2018 so that if the bag is destroyed, all items (except food and potions) would be dropped to the ground."
Actually forgot about that to be fair, good point.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:29 am

I think 1/30 is fine, and I love the idea of having more than 1 bag. the hype is real
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 pm

B0rnt0bepeek wrote:This is cool and all, but more important is I hope you made it so players can't grief their opponents. It was a huge issue on osrs, and with how toxic people can be on here lol, surely would be even worse.

I've read about this particular griefing mechanic, but this should not be an issue. Similar to all other items, you cannot drop the contents of your looting bag if you're in combat and the total value of the bag is over 1M coins. This way, you should not be able to deny items to the killer.