What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

In your opinion...

The laws are too soft.
12%
The laws are too strict.
8%
Punishments are too short.
12%
Punishments are too long.
5%
Repeated offenders should be punished less.
2%
Repeated offenders should be punished more.
21%
Every offence should be appealable.
7%
Some offences should not be appealable.
14%
The supers should follow the laws to the letter.
11%
The supers should follow their own judgement more often.
8%

Total votes: 456

Swaggit
Honor Player

Re: What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Post by Swaggit » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:43 pm

In my opinion, laws are way too strict only because you guys fail to understand how offenses are situational. I got a six hour mute for mentioning the male reproductive system as a joke a long time ago, yet flaming over yell is six hours as well? I don't understand how someone yelling something over yell to intentionally hurt someone else's feelings can get you six hours yet someone who is making a joke that is no where near severe can get a six hour mute just because the moderator doesn't see it as fit.
There should be no "minimum" offense, if it's severe you punish them severely. If it's minimal and you need to mute them for thirty minutes just to handle the situation, then mute them for thirty minutes. If these people are repeated offenders, you increase the punishments. But if someone makes a joke and gets six hours, how is it fair to punish someone for flaming for six hours as well? There should be Moderator guidelines as to how severe a punishment should be.
As for the repeated offenders, those are the people who should be punished more. Repeated offenders that cause severe issues are the ones we should worry about. Instead of cracking down on people who just fool around mildly every once in a while, I would focus on what the people who are up to no good are doing.
As for the appeals, everything is situational. I can't tell you that every offence should be appealable because what if someone did something so severe I personally don't see them fit to play PkHonor anymore? I can't generalize everyone's crimes into one guideline so I think that it'd be safe to say SOME offences shouldn't be appealable in case someone has done something so severe it's unforgivable and should not be let back in.
As for the supers, you do whatever you have to do. You don't become a super by brown nosing Mike. You get stuff done. Maurits for example, I personally see him unbanning people instantly and giving them a strong warning. If Maurits decided to accept his appeal and personally go through the troubles of unbanning him, who am I to go against his call? How much experience has Maurits had against mine? I understand there's the possible mistake here and there and that some people just go mad and abuse their power but like I said earlier, you don't become a super by doing nothing. Supers are trusted people who have been personally selected to be trusted with such a power in this game. I wouldn't dismiss their call unless it was at an extreme.
Those are my two cents, do with them as you wish.

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Repeated offenders, (xparaliifex and dead newb) need to be removed from the game.

They obviously do not belong here and are a pain in everyones ass.

95% of the community agrees with this.^

How are you gonna unban paraliife after all he's done...

X nitrogen

Post by X nitrogen » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:25 am

too strict. i feel like the boy in striped pyjamas and you guys are hitler and his #team

Refination
Novice

Post by Refination » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:20 pm

X nitrogen wrote:too strict. i feel like the boy in striped pyjamas and you guys are hitler and his #team
I feel like your an idiot

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Refination wrote:
X nitrogen wrote:too strict. i feel like the boy in striped pyjamas and you guys are hitler and his #team
I feel like your an idiot
Not sure if sarcasm...or...

*you're

5alood
Premium Donator

Post by 5alood » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Honestly repeat offenders should be expelled from the game like fully banned unappealable and the punishments are too soft,obviously other then daan's he yellmutes for 2 days because of some curse words that arent directed to anyone lol, anyways back to the topic other then daan they are too light just like kole said racism's punishments are too soft too atleast give them something like a ipmute?or perm mute and 2 weeks ban,because meanwhile if someone is reported for racism he probably gets 2 days mute,maximmum.

Repeat offenders such as:xparalife,dead newb,h1 and the rest should be expelled forever just like adam and kyle or a unappealable ipmute and 1 year of ban if they evade the ipmute then they can get fullbanned/expelled.

When staff no staff are on and someone is reported if the report is valid and he deserves like 12 hour mute make it 24hours mute so basically x2 @kole x3 is pretty high...

Note:typing on phone sorry if there is any spelling mistakes

Vik vaughn
Wise One

Post by Vik vaughn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:47 am

5alood wrote:Honestly repeat offenders should be expelled from the game like fully banned unappealable and the punishments are too soft,obviously other then daan's he yellmutes for 2 days because of some curse words that arent directed to anyone lol, anyways back to the topic other then daan they are too light just like kole said racism's punishments are too soft too atleast give them something like a ipmute?or perm mute and 2 weeks ban,because meanwhile if someone is reported for racism he probably gets 2 days mute,maximmum.

Repeat offenders such as:xparalife,dead newb,h1 and the rest should be expelled forever just like adam and kyle or a unappealable ipmute and 1 year of ban if they evade the ipmute then they can get fullbanned/expelled. But bring back Sean because he's a coolio chap, then that means Sagrezz gets un-full banned and I've heard some pretty cool things about him.

When staff no staff are on and someone is reported if the report is valid and he deserves like 12 hour mute make it 24hours mute so basically x2 @kole x3 is pretty high...

Agreed with the highlighted point.

Faith
Premium Donator

Post by Faith » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:17 am

5alood wrote:Honestly repeat offenders should be expelled from the game like fully banned unappealable and the punishments are too soft,obviously other then daan's he yellmutes for 2 days because of some curse words that arent directed to anyone lol, anyways back to the topic other then daan they are too light just like kole said racism's punishments are too soft too atleast give them something like a ipmute?or perm mute and 2 weeks ban,because meanwhile if someone is reported for racism he probably gets 2 days mute,maximmum.

Repeat offenders such as:xparalife,dead newb,h1 and the rest should be expelled forever just like adam and kyle or a unappealable ipmute and 1 year of ban if they evade the ipmute then they can get fullbanned/expelled.

Throw em in a gas chamber

Vik vaughn
Wise One

Post by Vik vaughn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:06 pm

Some punishments are way to over the top for some offences. Whereas people that constantly flame & bait etc. keep on getting minor punishments for doing the same thing over and over which I think should change, I.E. More offences = Harsher Punishments
Image Image