What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

In your opinion...

The laws are too soft.
12%
The laws are too strict.
8%
Punishments are too short.
12%
Punishments are too long.
5%
Repeated offenders should be punished less.
2%
Repeated offenders should be punished more.
21%
Every offence should be appealable.
7%
Some offences should not be appealable.
14%
The supers should follow the laws to the letter.
11%
The supers should follow their own judgement more often.
8%

Total votes: 456

Kalista
Honor Player

Re: What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:21 pm

In your previous post, you stated that it allows players to get items and things for free without doing work on their own, and it provides an unfair advantage. Is that not equivalent to getting items for free without doing work via giveaways?

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Hentai yum wrote:In your previous post, you stated that it allows players to get items and things for free without doing work on their own, and it provides an unfair advantage. Is that not equivalent to getting items for free without doing work via giveaways?
It's somewhat the same, but it's actually not. It's up to the player to decide whether or not he/she wants to give out their items whether it be for good or for worse, while account sharing is giving someone else access to your account to do it.

Like I said, account sharing is like asking a sibling or friend to go to school for you when you're sick. A Giveaway is like giving a homeless person money or food.

They're two completely different concepts.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Ratonhaketon wrote:So, let's say you're sick, and you can't go to school. Account Sharing is almost like asking your sibling or your friend to go to school for you, attend all your classes, and take your exams, and do your homework for you. It's just not fair to everyone else who plays fairly.
It's more like;
Teacher: "You can work in singles or partners on this project"
and choosing to work in partners.

Matt12
Premium Donator

Post by Matt12 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 pm

I really don't think account sharing is an unfair advantage, just because two people are playing doesn't mean they have more exp/items than someone who is playing on their own, some people dedicate more time into a game and if you are someone that can only get on for maybe 1-2 hours a day but has a friend willing to help him get levels and items so when he can come on he can enjoy the game I don't see how that is a bad thing, most of the people on the top of the leader boards on rs3 (sorry to bring this up) have all soloed it on their own account. Only downside is if your account is robbed by the person you was sharing it with.

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:11 pm

This thread was so uber necro'd it's just amazing.

OT: My opinion has remained the same for the past 7 months, ever since I last posted on this thread.
There is only one.

Lets be real
Rookie

Post by Lets be real » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:59 am

Mods abuse the power to mute

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:02 am

Lets be real wrote:Mods abuse the power to mute
proof pls

Tuzoh
Novice

Post by Tuzoh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:40 am

Laws are punishments are fine how they are.

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:38 am

Yep, voted exactly what the overall average did.

Dullman
Premium Donator

Post by Dullman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:57 am

Tactic kings wrote:
Rapsey wrote:
The divinity wrote:Laws are way too strict.
Then vote for that. ;)
I posted so I remembered to elaborate on a few things later. :)

Laws are way too strict. It doesn't help that mods enforce the laws very poorly, but that's besides the point. I have never seen a server that if you tell someone to fuck off that you get muted for 6 hours. That's just plain ridiculous.

Punishments are way too long. There are times when people get mutes that last weeks, that is just plain ridiculous. There are times when people heavily flame and they get a 1 week mute, not only is that stupid but it won't do anything other than make you lose players/piss players off.

Repeat offenders need to have their punishments be PERMANENT like they're named. People get so many chances and it always ends in the same way, they appeal and get their punishment removed in a few days.

I also agree with the above for unappealable punishments. There needs to be things like advertising, mass hacking and DDoS threats that are never going to be accepted.

Supers should follow the laws for the most part. I understand that you guys wrote the laws, but you lead by example and when you do shit that other staff members or players can't, it's a bad example. Although I do know that there isn't shit anyone can do to punish you, so this is kinda worthless.

Also, I'm not saying I don't like how you IPban players for being little shits, generally they're assholes who don't belong on the game. It's just that there comes a point when it's just personal. Banning someone for personal issues, for anyone else, would be an instant demotion.
THIS SUMS IT ALL UP