What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

In your opinion...

The laws are too soft.
12%
The laws are too strict.
8%
Punishments are too short.
12%
Punishments are too long.
5%
Repeated offenders should be punished less.
2%
Repeated offenders should be punished more.
21%
Every offence should be appealable.
7%
Some offences should not be appealable.
14%
The supers should follow the laws to the letter.
11%
The supers should follow their own judgement more often.
8%

Total votes: 456

Simon2012
Honor Player

Re: What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Post by Simon2012 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:37 pm

the rules need to rewrote with more details and sent to all the staff so they all know them and can enforce them, atm one mod will say something is illegal and another will say its not...

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:42 pm

My opinion on the Rules and Punishments for those rules are as followed.

First of all, some of these rules that are enforced are completely asinine. Players are being muted for the dumbest things, and quite frankly, some of the dumbest I've ever seen. The Staff Team needs to pay more attention to the Core Set of Rules, rather than paying attention to the different rules that aren't in these Core Set of Rules. These Core Set of Rules are enumerated, while they also coincide with implied rules.

If you don't know the enumerated Core Set of Rules, here they are:

Code: Select all

The list below are a set of actions that are against the rules:

1) Offensive language (Swearing is allowed, as long as it's not projected towards others.)
2) Suspicious Activities/Scamming
3) Advertising
4) Botting
5) Bug Abuse
6) Account Sharing/Trading
7) Encouraging others to break rules
8) Threatening to Hack/Ban
9) Bribing Staff Members
10) False Reporting
11) Staff Impersonation
12) Buying/Selling/Trading of RSGP or Accounts
13) Real-World Trading
If you don't know the Implied Rules, here they are:

The following list is a set of Rules that are implied based upon the Core Set of Rules:

1) Offensive language includes racism, sexism, religious remarks, and remarks about sexual orientation.
2) Suspicious Activities/Scamming includes both Account, and Item Scamming.
3) Advertising includes websites, and other RSPS's.
4) Botting includes Autoclicking, and Autotalking.
5) Bug Abuse includes Noclipping, and Duping.
6) Account Sharing/Trading includes giving away ones account.
7) Encouraging others to break rules (Self Explanatory)
8) Threatening to Hack/Ban includes threatening to distribute a denial of service (ddos).
9) Bribing Staff Members (Mainly a bribe for unmuting/unbanning)
10) False Reporting (Self Explanatory)
11) Staff Impersonation (Self Explanatory)
12) Buying/Selling/Trading of RSGP and/or RS Accounts (Self Explanatory)
13) Real-World Trading includes paying Real Life cash in exchange for in-game items/cash.
Everyone needs to stop worrying about people "Baiting" and stuff. If someone gives into a bait, then they deserve it, and they can take their problem with the person that baited them.

The Staff Members also need to decide what is against the rules, and what isn't. There's always cases where one Staff Member says that something is allowed, while another Staff Member says that the same thing is against the rules.

As far as appealing bans/mutes, the only thing that should not be appealable is in the case of a DDOS attack. By this I mean, someone who ddos's the server cannot appeal a ban if a ban has been issued (Common sense).

Ultimately, the Rules need to be entirely rewritten and revised, and the Staff Team's priorities on Rules needs to be revised as well. I'm not usually one to complain, but watching members of the community get muted for absolutely stupid reasons irritates me.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Just one thing raton, acc sharing is allowed :P

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Hentai yum wrote:Just one thing raton, acc sharing is allowed :P
Yeah I know, and tbh it should be against the rules. At least in my opinion it does.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Ratonhaketon wrote:
Yeah I know, and tbh it should be against the rules. At least in my opinion it does.
Why should it be? If it is hacked it is banned anyway.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Hentai yum wrote:
Ratonhaketon wrote:
Why should it be? If it is hacked it is banned anyway.
I think that it should be against the rules based on the simple principle that it's giving an unfair advantage to the player(s) that are doing the sharing. Whoever creates the account should be the one and only person who has access to that account. Similarly to botting, If you share the account with someone else, then the "Owner" of the account is getting items and experience without actually doing work on their own. Obviously it's different than botting, but the result ends up (basically) being the same. Sure, someone else is doing the work, but that someone else isn't the original creator/owner of the account, and therefore gives an unfair advantage to them compared to the players who are the only ones who have access to their accounts and work for their experience and items on their own.

This might be a bad analogy in other peoples' opinions, but I find it to be sufficient enough for the point that I'm trying to get across.

So, let's say you're sick, and you can't go to school. Account Sharing is almost like asking your sibling or your friend to go to school for you, attend all your classes, and take your exams, and do your homework for you. It's just not fair to everyone else who plays fairly.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:57 pm

But giveaways are ok?

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Hentai yum wrote:But giveaways are ok?
Giveaways...meaning giving your account away to someone else when you don't want to play anymore?
Ratonhaketon wrote:

The following list is a set of Rules that are implied based upon the Core Set of Rules:
6) Account Sharing/Trading includes giving away ones account.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Giveaways as in, giving someone items you worked for, for free. It's the same concept but without the xp aspect.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Hentai yum wrote:Giveaways as in, giving someone items you worked for, for free. It's the same concept but without the xp aspect.
Well that's an entirely different concept. If someone works for a certain item, and willingly gives the item away to another player with no strings attached, then I don't see anything wrong with that. Imo, that's just being a nice person, or someone that's trying to help someone else who doesn't have the ability to obtain that item on their own (Due to lack of wealth or items).

Granted, I'm a "poor" player. I have maybe a total amount of 3b wealth in both items and cash in-game, but if it wasn't for Nolan and Ex Eternity giving me cash and items to help me out, chances are I wouldn't have anywhere near that much. As far as I'm concerned, giving away items is, in the case of an event, a way of entertaining the members of the community, while in the case of giving away items just to be helpful, it's just being a good Samaritan.

Another analogy for that: Giving a homeless person some money, food, or water.