What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

In your opinion...

The laws are too soft.
12%
The laws are too strict.
8%
Punishments are too short.
12%
Punishments are too long.
5%
Repeated offenders should be punished less.
2%
Repeated offenders should be punished more.
21%
Every offence should be appealable.
7%
Some offences should not be appealable.
14%
The supers should follow the laws to the letter.
11%
The supers should follow their own judgement more often.
8%

Total votes: 456

Rapsey
Sysadmin

What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:20 pm

This is a multi-option poll. Options come in pairs, but that doesn't mean you have to pick one.

For example:

1. The laws are too soft.
2. The laws are too strict.

If you think the laws are fine, please don't select either option. Please don't select both options in a pair. You have 5 answers, (at most) one for each pair of options.

If your opinion on these matters is not as black-and-white as these poll options, feel free to elaborate in a reply. :)

Rick
Unstoppable

Re: What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Post by Rick » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:12 pm

I think everyone pretty much agrees that the punishments are too low.

And that the laws are too soft.

Stefan
Advisor

Post by Stefan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:00 pm

You know shit's getting serious when Rapsey starts interfering.

Thunt
Wise One

Post by Thunt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Laws are way too strict.
I'm an individual, yeah, but I'm part of a movement.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:01 pm

The divinity wrote:Laws are way too strict.
Then vote for that. ;)

Tactic kings
Premium Donator

Post by Tactic kings » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Rapsey wrote:
The divinity wrote:Laws are way too strict.
Then vote for that. ;)
I posted so I remembered to elaborate on a few things later. :)

Laws are way too strict. It doesn't help that mods enforce the laws very poorly, but that's besides the point. I have never seen a server that if you tell someone to fuck off that you get muted for 6 hours. That's just plain ridiculous.

Punishments are way too long. There are times when people get mutes that last weeks, that is just plain ridiculous. There are times when people heavily flame and they get a 1 week mute, not only is that stupid but it won't do anything other than make you lose players/piss players off.

Repeat offenders need to have their punishments be PERMANENT like they're named. People get so many chances and it always ends in the same way, they appeal and get their punishment removed in a few days.

I also agree with the above for unappealable punishments. There needs to be things like advertising, mass hacking and DDoS threats that are never going to be accepted.

Supers should follow the laws for the most part. I understand that you guys wrote the laws, but you lead by example and when you do shit that other staff members or players can't, it's a bad example. Although I do know that there isn't shit anyone can do to punish you, so this is kinda worthless.

Also, I'm not saying I don't like how you IPban players for being little shits, generally they're assholes who don't belong on the game. It's just that there comes a point when it's just personal. Banning someone for personal issues, for anyone else, would be an instant demotion.

Emerald silk
Honor Player

Post by Emerald silk » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Repeat offenders are the only people that don't get the deserved punishments and even being punished for anything is totally pointless because everyone just appeals and it's almost always accepted. Why ban people if you're just going to accept an appeal immediately that they spent 2minutes on?
Tactic kings wrote: Laws are way too strict. It doesn't help that mods enforce the laws very poorly, but that's besides the point. I have never seen a server that if you tell someone to fuck off that you get muted for 6 hours. That's just plain ridiculous.

Punishments are way too long. There are times when people get mutes that last weeks, that is just plain ridiculous. There are times when people heavily flame and they get a 1 week mute, not only is that stupid but it won't do anything other than make you lose players/piss players off.

Repeat offenders need to have their punishments be PERMANENT like they're named. People get so many chances and it always ends in the same way, they appeal and get their punishment removed in a few days.

I also agree with the above for unappealable punishments. There needs to be things like advertising, mass hacking and DDoS threats that are never going to be accepted.
All of this.

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Shouldn't there be an option that states "Law enforcement is poorly handled. Law enforcers unfit for duty, not trained properly, and in constant fear of losing their status as staff due to overbearing supers."

Before staff became PUSSIES, people were fine.

Feels like the military police all over again.
Shamelessly Stolen avatar and signature from Djpon3 because attack on titan and oreimo.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Fierce wrote:Shouldn't there be an option that states "Law enforcement is poorly handled. Law enforcers unfit for duty, not trained properly, and in constant fear of losing their status as staff due to overbearing supers."

Where can I place my vote for that? plsss me want to vote :3 :P
ImageImage

Subtle
Premium Donator

Post by Subtle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 pm

There's a miscommunication between laws due to the 'moral laws', it causes conflict. Some areas it's fine, but others.. it's a bit fucked.

You have some good moderators that enforce the laws, but it becomes a joke when it's being 'lifted'. There's no set line for people who repeatedly keep building up their offence history.

Yeah sure, I believe in second chances, but how many is too many? I believe the laws are fine, in theory. They just need more enforcement, a better understanding, for the entire staff team to reach the same conclusion (especially when it comes to the moral laws), and something needs to be done so the community knows you guys don't want to put up with 'shit' anymore.
Fierce wrote:Shouldn't there be an option that states "Law enforcement is poorly handled. Law enforcers unfit for duty, not trained properly, and in constant fear of losing their status as staff due to overbearing supers."

I always agree with the above.

You need people with back bones. And you need a better training system.
I humbly invite you to join me on my proverbial beach chair