What should the cost of construction materials be?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What do you think of the proposed XP rates and prices?

Everything seems fine
61%
I disagree with both prices and XP rates
18%
I disagree with the prices but the XP rates are fine
14%
I disagree with the XP rates but the prices are fine
7%

Total votes: 28

Sickle
Forum Addict

Re: What should the cost of construction materials be?

Post by Sickle » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:39 pm

The difference between different types of planks isn't enough.

In normal RS, the xp per log is Normal = 29, Oak = 60, Teak = 90, Mahogany = 140, mahogany gives over 4x the xp normal plank does, and here it's less than 2x...
There is only one.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Don't forget that 1B is still a fuckton of money for most players. Sure, lots of veterans run around with a 100B+ bank, but I don't think the skill should be intended to be for those people only.

And if you want to get everything out of the construction skill (biggest house, lvl 99, lots of rooms with lots of furniture), you're looking at 5B, if not more. That's a LOT of money.
Don't forget that the expense should be worth it. If it isn't worth it, not a lot of people will do it. Also, if only a few people can actually do the skill (because everyone else can't afford it), then there won't be a lot of money removed from the eco either.
It needs to be expensive but still affordable for enough players.

Zi wrote:The difference between different types of planks isn't enough.

In normal RS, the xp per log is Normal = 29, Oak = 60, Teak = 90, Mahogany = 140, mahogany gives over 4x the xp normal plank does, and here it's less than 2x...
That was actually done on purpose. The point is that the cost for each plank is the same (both for the plank make spell and at the sawmill). Therefore, it seems logical that the XP rates are also not that different from each other.
If the plank make spell and sawmill would have a different cost for each type of plank, then it would be different. But that's impossible since I can't change the plank make spell for each plank type.
And I honestly see no reason why we'd need to do it like RS - we're not RS. We're PkHonor and we work in our own way.

If you can think of a good reason to increase the XP gap between normal and mahogany planks, please let me know. But for now, I honestly don't see any.

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Okay then leave it like this.

But can we some special furniture that costs alot?

Like on rs those special thrones :p and perhaps several npc for in the dungeon.

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Mike wrote:Don't forget that 1B is still a fuckton of money for most players. Sure, lots of veterans run around with a 100B+ bank, but I don't think the skill should be intended to be for those people only.

And if you want to get everything out of the construction skill (biggest house, lvl 99, lots of rooms with lots of furniture), you're looking at 5B, if not more. That's a LOT of money.
Don't forget that the expense should be worth it. If it isn't worth it, not a lot of people will do it. Also, if only a few people can actually do the skill (because everyone else can't afford it), then there won't be a lot of money removed from the eco either.
It needs to be expensive but still affordable for enough players.

Zi wrote:The difference between different types of planks isn't enough.

That was actually done on purpose. The point is that the cost for each plank is the same (both for the plank make spell and at the sawmill). Therefore, it seems logical that the XP rates are also not that different from each other.
If the plank make spell and sawmill would have a different cost for each type of plank, then it would be different. But that's impossible since I can't change the plank make spell for each plank type.
And I honestly see no reason why we'd need to do it like RS - we're not RS. We're PkHonor and we work in our own way.

If you can think of a good reason to increase the XP gap between normal and mahogany planks, please let me know. But for now, I honestly don't see any.
So basically oak dungeon doors and mahogany tables give exactly same experience... Well, idk if that's bad but it's so odd after training construction in RS... Will be interesting to see what the best way for lower lvls is.
There is only one.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Rick wrote:Okay then leave it like this.

But can we some special furniture that costs alot?

Like on rs those special thrones :p and perhaps several npc for in the dungeon.
At the moment, I don't think I'll be adding any 'special' furniture apart from what you can make in RS. However, the magic treasure chest in the dungeon will require 99 construction and will offer unique drops.
If you can think of anything special that could be added to a house, feel free to make suggestions.

As for special thrones, can you tell me what exactly you mean? Other than all the thrones that you can already build of course.

Zi wrote: So basically oak dungeon doors and mahogany tables give exactly same experience... Well, idk if that's bad but it's so odd after training construction in RS... Will be interesting to see what the best way for lower lvls is.
Eh, it's mostly about the cost of the skill, the XP rates themselves don't really matter that much.
Lowering XP rates on normal and oak planks would however open up some interesting options for players with a low construction level, who will have to choose between expensive planks or cheaper clay or limestone.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:08 pm

@Zi: on second thought, you're right. Lowering the XP rate on normal and oak planks will leave players with low construction two options: the fast but very expensive planks, or the free but very slow clay and limestone.

XP rates on planks, clay, limestone and marble have hereby been changed:
Normal plank: 150 xp instead of 300
Oak plank: 250 xp instead of 350
Teak plank: 350 xp instead of 400
Mahogany plank: 500 xp (no change)

Clay: 5 xp instead of 2
Limestone: 10 xp instead of 3
Marble: 70 xp instead of 100

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Mike wrote:@Zi: on second thought, you're right. Lowering the XP rate on normal and oak planks will leave players with low construction two options: the fast but very expensive planks, or the free but very slow clay and limestone.

XP rates on planks, clay, limestone and marble have hereby been changed:
Normal plank: 150 xp instead of 300
Oak plank: 250 xp instead of 350
Teak plank: 350 xp instead of 400
Mahogany plank: 500 xp (no change)

Clay: 5 xp instead of 2
Limestone: 10 xp instead of 3
Marble: 70 xp instead of 100
Tenk u.
There is only one.

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Mike wrote:As for special thrones, can you tell me what exactly you mean? Other than all the thrones that you can already build of course.
I mean the last throne. The red one I believe. It's expensive on RS will it be expensive on pkh also?

The thrones are known for their price.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Rick wrote:
Mike wrote:As for special thrones, can you tell me what exactly you mean? Other than all the thrones that you can already build of course.
I mean the last throne. The red one I believe. It's expensive on RS will it be expensive on pkh also?

Certainly. Nothing special to it, those thrones are available in RS and they will be available in PkHonor.

And I hate it when people report me on my own forums. Gtfo kthx. I doublepost when I want to (and when I have a reason to).

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Mike wrote:
Rick wrote:

Certainly. Nothing special to it, those thrones are available in RS and they will be available in PkHonor.

And I hate it when people report me on my own forums. Gtfo kthx. I doublepost when I want to (and when I have a reason to).
Yea I thought they were special :P

Who reported you lmao?