Karambwans: yay or nay?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should karambwans (with no eating delay) be added?

Yes, add it like OSRS
77%
Add karambwans but without the overpowered mechanic
No votes
Don't add them
19%
I don't care
4%

Total votes: 53

Mike
Programmer

Karambwans: yay or nay?

Post by Mike » Fri May 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Yet another controversial topic before us today - cooked karambwan!

I'm sure that everyone familiar with OSRS pk'ing knows about karambwans - the one food that can be eaten without any delay (meaning you can brew - shark - karambwan to heal a shitload of HP in 1 game tick). I'm quite certain that Jagex introduced this particular eating mechanic by accident, but now that everyone is used to it, there's little chance they will ever change it.

Now the question is: should we add the same (broken and overpowered) mechanic of karambwan food or not?

Please note: our potions have a delay of 2 game ticks, while they should be 3 ticks. We are planning on making them 3 ticks (as they should be) in a future update, but first we'd like to know if the community wants karambwan food (and its no-delay mechanic) in the game, so we can release them at the same time if the community approves.

(just to be sure: there are 3 game ticks between eating 2 cooked karambwans, right?)

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Re: Karambwans: yay or nay?

Post by Migetmanz » Fri May 18, 2018 3:41 pm

I really like the way it is now. Where if you want to have a massive hp boost (rock+sara) then you have to waist a few ticks also using a super restore and another cb potion.

I would say either leave it as it is.

OR

Increase sara to 3 ticks and add the op Karambwans

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:47 pm

So...I am pretty sure you can't karambwan-karambwan with no delay(that's a regular eat). And the fish-brew-karambwan is 2 ticks I am pretty sure unless someone can confirm otherwise.
  • Also, for the players that will complain about this, like "we don't need more combo foods" etc etc, the thing is, this will be such a good thing for the game. It will certainly be a really good money maker method for everyone because of the low fishing requirement and because of the constant demand.
  • Also, there are a lot of times when players would rather have to fish-karambwan food combo when pking or even pvming instead of fish-brew, since you have to use a super restore afterwards. Also, if you want to take fish, brews and karambwans while pking, you can go for it. Each fish-karambwan combo you do means less and less food in your inventory. Players are complaining about karambwans, but not about brews(you can food combo 4 times with a single potion).
  • I just want the exact way of fishing it like in OSRS, with stackable karambwanji ( they will be of course not edible under any circumstances)
But after all, it's the community's vote for it.
Last edited by Respire1337 on Fri May 18, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Fri May 18, 2018 3:48 pm

I think you should add it. The more the better, and this way you don't need to brew and lower stat.
Respire1337 wrote:So...I am pretty sure you can't karambwan-karambwan with no delay(that's a regular eat). And the fish-brew-karambwan is 2 ticks I am pretty sure unless someone can confirm otherwise.
  • Also, for the players that will complain about this, like "we don't need more combo foods" etc etc, the thing is, this will be such a good thing for the game. It will certainly be a really good money maker method for everyone because of the low fishing requirement and because of the constant demand. Also, there are a lot of times when players would rather have to fish-karambwan food combo when pking or even pvming instead of fish-brew, since you have to use a super restore afterwards. Also, if you want to take fish, brews and karambwans while pking, you can go for it. Each fish-karambwan combo you do means less and less food in your inventory. Players are complaining about karambwans, but not about brews(you can food combo 4 times with a single potion).
  • I just want the exact way of fishing it like in OSRS, with stackable karambwanji ( they will be of course not edible under any circumstances)
But after all, it's the community's vote for it.
and that's the bad part because this community never wants to add anything. TBH we need more people using the forums. I think it should be added.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri May 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Support.

Here is some clarification for everyone.
This is the glitch report regarding potion delay: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=69787

Karambwans are unique in that they can be eaten immediately after any food or potion excluding another karambwan. The karambwan will have a 3 tick delay after eating it. This is similar to how potions can be drank immediately after a piece of food is eaten.
Here is a list of all the different situations that can happen:
  • Player eats a karambwan. There is a 3 tick delay before they can perform any other action consuming food or potions of any kind.
  • Player eats a regular piece of food and then a karambwan in the same game tick. There is a 3 tick delay before they can perform any other action consuming food or potions of any kind.
  • Player eats a regular piece of food, then a potion, then a karambwan. There is a 3 tick delay before they can perform any other action consuming food or potions of any kind.
Here is a video of their functionality:

The order of eating becomes important on OSRS. After you eat a karambwan, you cant do anything for 3 ticks. After drinking a potion, the only food you can immediately eat is a karambwan, anything else will be affected by the 3 tick delay. After eating a piece of regular food, you can either eat a karambwan, or a potion then karambwan.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri May 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Adamthalion wrote: The order of eating becomes important on OSRS. After you eat a karambwan, you cant do anything for 3 ticks.
An important piece of information that I wasn't aware of yet. Thanks!

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Fri May 18, 2018 4:30 pm

Only if we change the delay on eating pots\food to 3 ticks.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Kpnc wrote:and that's the bad part because this community never wants to add anything. TBH we need more people using the forums. I think it should be added.
This couldn’t be any more untrue. Our ingame suggestion section is filled with everyone wanting to add stuff to the game. Where do you get your information from?

OT: Add karambwans & put brews at 3 ticks instead of the current 2.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Troll n roll wrote:Only if we change the delay on eating pots\food to 3 ticks.
That's already the case for food, but not potions. A future update will change that, so they will both be 3 ticks.

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Fri May 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Mike wrote:
Troll n roll wrote:Only if we change the delay on eating pots\food to 3 ticks.
That's already the case for food, but not potions. A future update will change that, so they will both be 3 ticks.
would that change the way Karambwans work?