Should regular players be able to complete 2x PvM tasks?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should regular players be able to complete 2x PvM tasks?

Yes, allow them to skip PvP tasks and complete 2x PvM/skilling tasks instead
62%
No, don't allow them to skip the tasks
35%
Undecided (or I simply don't care - just give us the achievements already)
3%

Total votes: 124

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Should regular players be able to complete 2x PvM tasks?

Post by Fungamer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Leetyears wrote:
Admin adam wrote:
Leetyears wrote:if your argument is it will somehow negatively impact pvp I would like your explanation.
That is not my argument. I think that PvP is a large enough part of runescape and even more so PkHonor, that it should be a requirement to "complete" the game.
Leetyears wrote:Not everyone enjoys the same thing in RS so it may be wise to accommodate the pvm players knowing it will not hinder the minority pvp player.
That's not the point though. The completionist cape is for players who have completed all aspects of the game. So, anyone who chooses not to participate in pvp, pvm, skilling, or any other piece of content, should not be able to obtain the reward for completing all of these things. This is effectively the same thing as a level 3 skiller complaining that they cant obtain a max cape. They chose to limit themselves. They should not get a reward for something that they have not achieved.

The real problem is the power of the completionist cape. With the benefits it gives, every pvmer and pker set it as a goal so they can get a massive advantage in their respective activities. In pking, it should really only have the stats of a max cape, no more. In pvp, the enchantments should be removed. That is the only way to make it "fair" to the Pvmers without rewarding them for not achieving something.
I agree with the second part of your comment. The first part about not rewarding the pvm player for not completing all aspects of the game I don't believe is correct because the main goal of the server is to retain and grow not remain static on old policies that are not benefiting the majority and the "business" I would imagine the owner of this server wants growth and even old fashioned ideas while good at a time, the culture changes and you have to adapt. this is a pvm dominate server and this update would not hurt pvp.
That's where I believe you're wrong.

I feel as if it would hurt pvp since pvmers wouldn't even TRY to go get the kills (or get them serviced). They'd just camp x2 as much bosses in max gear and thats it.

As for your "culture changes" and "old fashioned" part, there is IMO a pretty clear line between the morals and what not people want to uphold on PKH and just old, outdated mechanics/aspects and other stuff.

Leetyears

Post by Leetyears » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:37 am

I feel as if it would hurt pvp since pvmers wouldn't even TRY to go get the kills (or get them serviced). They'd just camp x2 as much bosses in max gear and thats it.

As for your "culture changes" and "old fashioned" part, there is IMO a pretty clear line between the morals and what not people want to uphold on PKH and just old, outdated mechanics/aspects and other stuff.[/quote]

there is nothing immoral about allowing pvm players get cape without forcing pvp which most players don't enjoy, this is a game, its meant purely to be enjoyed and I understand there is a requirement to the achievement but that can be changed without compromising the joy of the play style of pvp or pvm.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 am

Leetyears wrote:
Fungamer wrote:I feel as if it would hurt pvp since pvmers wouldn't even TRY to go get the kills (or get them serviced). They'd just camp x2 as much bosses in max gear and thats it.

As for your "culture changes" and "old fashioned" part, there is IMO a pretty clear line between the morals and what not people want to uphold on PKH and just old, outdated mechanics/aspects and other stuff.
there is nothing immoral about allowing pvm players get cape without forcing pvp which most players don't enjoy, this is a game, its meant purely to be enjoyed and I understand there is a requirement to the achievement but that can be changed without compromising the joy of the play style of pvp or pvm.
Create an ironman & you won’t have to participate in pvp.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 am

Leetyears wrote:there is nothing immoral about allowing pvm players get cape without forcing pvp which most players don't enjoy, this is a game, its meant purely to be enjoyed and I understand there is a requirement to the achievement but that can be changed without compromising the joy of the play style of pvp or pvm.
Joy is pretty subjective in this context. Some players get joy out of accomplishing something. Some players get joy regardless of their accomplishments.
Of course there is nothing immoral about what you are suggesting. However, it would take away the "joy" of players who enjoy reaching some accomplishment. Why should one player be rewarded in the same exact way as another without achieving the same thing. PvMers are welcome to only stick to the content or activities that bring them joy. No one is being forced to do anything. Everyone has a choice on what they do ingame.

Leetyears

Post by Leetyears » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:51 am

Admin adam wrote:
Leetyears wrote:there is nothing immoral about allowing pvm players get cape without forcing pvp which most players don't enjoy, this is a game, its meant purely to be enjoyed and I understand there is a requirement to the achievement but that can be changed without compromising the joy of the play style of pvp or pvm.
Joy is pretty subjective in this context. Some players get joy out of accomplishing something. Some players get joy regardless of their accomplishments.
Of course there is nothing immoral about what you are suggesting. However, it would take away the "joy" of players who enjoy reaching some accomplishment. Why should one player be rewarded in the same exact way as another without achieving the same thing. PvMers are welcome to only stick to the content or activities that bring them joy. No one is being forced to do anything. Everyone has a choice on what they do ingame.

i agree if the requirement doesnt change then hey it doesnt. in real life there are many ways to the same reward. this is just a game but the same concept applies. i wish i wasnt the only one being vocal for the option even though so many vote for it lmao

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:37 am

You’re being close minded and selfish lol.. I don’t particularly enjoy PvM, and I surely don’t enjoy skilling. But I had to do an excess amount of both of those to get the cape. PvMers are mainly made up of a bunch of snowflakes that think everything should be based around their likes and dislikes. Whereas a Pker sucks it up and completes skilling and Pvming requirements to get the items/rewards they desire, with little to no whining.

And you’re completely wrong about it not affecting PvP. Once the 500 kill requirement was removed edgeville turned into a ghost town. The diaries are a quicker substitute for the PvMers. You can complete those tasks in a couple days whereas the 500 kills took a couple months.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:11 am

Grizzly mint wrote:You’re being close minded and selfish lol.. I don’t particularly enjoy PvM, and I surely don’t enjoy skilling. But I had to do an excess amount of both of those to get the cape.
This.

You don’t see PKers complaining about having to do skilling & PvM activities to get the cape. I suppose you’d also support a suggestion to allow people to do 2x the PvP tasks in place of the skilling & PvM portion too, yeah?

Suck it up and do the PvP portion to get the cape, or don’t & continue playing without the cape, or create an ironman and do 2x the PvM tasks & get the cape. You have a variety of options at your disposal - use them.

Leetyears

Post by Leetyears » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:36 am

alright salty sally's if you want to moan about my opinion do it somewhere else this thread is supposedly concerning pvm x2

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:53 am

Leetyears wrote:alright salty sally's if you want to moan about my opinion do it somewhere else this thread is supposedly concerning pvm x2
Same concept. We’re voicing our opinions as well.

Can’t cater to one community type and not the other.

Poly
Honor Player

Post by Poly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 am

There is nothing that suggests that PVP is part of completing Runescape, or a RSPS for this matter. There is no "Wildy PK Skill".
Saying PK'ing is part of "completing the game" is equivalent to saying that Duel Arena is part of completing the game. Neither statements hold any validity and the content is completely subjective to how the player wants to play the game.

This is true for OSRS as well. You can go your entire career without PKing and still obtain the capes.