Skilling outfits bonus xp

Let yourself be heard in our official polls!

How should skilling outfits work?

100 agility tickets per piece
9
10%
150 agility tickets per piece
4
5%
200 agility tickets per piece
11
13%
250 agility tickets per piece
3
3%
300 agility tickets per piece
12
14%
10% bonus xp for a full set
9
10%
12% bonus xp for a full set
9
10%
15% bonus xp for a full set, but 7% when combined with brawling gloves
15
17%
15% bonus xp for a full set, up to 3M bonus xp (then it breaks)
2
2%
15% bonus xp for a full set, up to 5M bonus xp (then it breaks)
8
9%
I have an alternative suggestion for the full set bonus
5
6%
 
Total votes : 87
Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4790
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Andres » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:38 am

Empty bag wrote:
The builder wrote:So no one else has an issue with the only way of receiving these being through agility?

That's cool, just want to make sure I stand alone


I think in this case your right, either it should be obtainable through all the skills or every skill needs it’s own outfit imo.



Well, I disagree to be honest.
The reason I chose the agility skill (To start with) is because it's one of the few skills that doesn't give you any resources/money expect 95 (infinite run).
For example : fishing gives fish which u can sell, hunter gives imps which you can loot or sell, farming gives herbs, herblore gives potions, thieving gives money/gems, mining gives ores,etc ...

So thats why I added this content with the agility skill. So people have a reason and motivation to do the skill because they can get something from it, even if it's just for expanding their fashionscape.

Maybe a few other skilling sets (Like builder's set) will be added in another skill or method who knows...

This was my personal mindset when I implemented this.
I hope a few will agree with it :p
Image
Image

Helper
User avatar
Posts: 1888
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:50 pm
Location: Generally ::skilling

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Skiller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:42 am

Nah thats a fair way to think of it, when it comes to rewards. I think just personally I would've assigned ways to obtain each outfit within their respective skill, or have just a general skilling pts system

Senior Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:27 am
Location: In an euforic world of drugs.

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Empty bag » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:45 am

Andres wrote:
Empty bag wrote:
The builder wrote:So no one else has an issue with the only way of receiving these being through agility?

That's cool, just want to make sure I stand alone


I think in this case your right, either it should be obtainable through all the skills or every skill needs it’s own outfit imo.



Well, I disagree to be honest.
The reason I chose the agility skill (To start with) is because it's one of the few skills that doesn't give you any resources/money expect 95 (infinite run).
For example : fishing gives fish which u can sell, hunter gives imps which you can loot or sell, farming gives herbs, herblore gives potions, thieving gives money/gems, mining gives ores,etc ...

So thats why I added this content with the agility skill. So people have a reason and motivation to do the skill because they can get something from it, even if it's just for expanding their fashionscape.

Maybe a few other skilling sets (Like builder's set) will be added in another skill or method who knows...

This was my personal mindset when I implemented this.
I hope a few will agree with it :p


Didn't looked this way i think your right. sadly i just finished 2b agility :)
Image

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Ruler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 am

Andres wrote:
Empty bag wrote:
The builder wrote:So no one else has an issue with the only way of receiving these being through agility?

That's cool, just want to make sure I stand alone


I think in this case your right, either it should be obtainable through all the skills or every skill needs it’s own outfit imo.



Well, I disagree to be honest.
The reason I chose the agility skill (To start with) is because it's one of the few skills that doesn't give you any resources/money expect 95 (infinite run).
For example : fishing gives fish which u can sell, hunter gives imps which you can loot or sell, farming gives herbs, herblore gives potions, thieving gives money/gems, mining gives ores,etc ...

So thats why I added this content with the agility skill. So people have a reason and motivation to do the skill because they can get something from it, even if it's just for expanding their fashionscape.

Maybe a few other skilling sets (Like builder's set) will be added in another skill or method who knows...

This was my personal mindset when I implemented this.
I hope a few will agree with it :p

Ah, that's true. I guess I just don't bother doing agility for the skill outfits. Better to just keep earning lots of money on my traditional methods: burying bones, making fire from logs, keep building the same thing in my poh over and over again, fletch some really overpowered magic bows without strings, smith some rune platebodies. Purely for the gainz of course.

Wise One
User avatar
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:15 am

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Gethigh udie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:30 am

Andres wrote:
Empty bag wrote:
The builder wrote:So no one else has an issue with the only way of receiving these being through agility?

That's cool, just want to make sure I stand alone


I think in this case your right, either it should be obtainable through all the skills or every skill needs it’s own outfit imo.



Well, I disagree to be honest.
The reason I chose the agility skill (To start with) is because it's one of the few skills that doesn't give you any resources/money expect 95 (infinite run).
For example : fishing gives fish which u can sell, hunter gives imps which you can loot or sell, farming gives herbs, herblore gives potions, thieving gives money/gems, mining gives ores,etc ...

So thats why I added this content with the agility skill. So people have a reason and motivation to do the skill because they can get something from it, even if it's just for expanding their fashionscape.

Maybe a few other skilling sets (Like builder's set) will be added in another skill or method who knows...

This was my personal mindset when I implemented this.
I hope a few will agree with it :p


Cause most of it's benefits on runescape, are shortcuts. Hardly as useful on here. I understand where you are coming from, I just feel the sets should come from their corresponding skill. Whatever you feel is best.
Image

Helper
User avatar
Posts: 1888
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:50 pm
Location: Generally ::skilling

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Skiller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:33 am

Tbh sverre you just gave me an idea:

Mike had talked about making a new way to earn exp's for construction, so its not completely repetition. Why not incorporate the builder's outfit into that? (set consists of sara halo, khazard body, iron platelegs, iron knives, iron defender, ava's acc, etc. :D )

But actually though, you could have a new minigame of some sort that gives mid-range construction exp for a lower cost than current best method, and also releases builder's outfit as rewards.

First thought is a 'match the style' minigame, where NPC's ask you to build houses for them that match their style. They'll give you a set of items that correspond to the exact amts needed to build their dream home, and then you build it for them!

You'd have to maths your way into which items should go where, and the closer you are to what they want, the more exp you get!

Just a thought though.

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4790
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Andres » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:57 am

Ruler wrote:
Andres wrote:
Empty bag wrote:
That's cool, just want to make sure I stand alone


I think in this case your right, either it should be obtainable through all the skills or every skill needs it’s own outfit imo.



Well, I disagree to be honest.
The reason I chose the agility skill (To start with) is because it's one of the few skills that doesn't give you any resources/money expect 95 (infinite run).
For example : fishing gives fish which u can sell, hunter gives imps which you can loot or sell, farming gives herbs, herblore gives potions, thieving gives money/gems, mining gives ores,etc ...

So thats why I added this content with the agility skill. So people have a reason and motivation to do the skill because they can get something from it, even if it's just for expanding their fashionscape.

Maybe a few other skilling sets (Like builder's set) will be added in another skill or method who knows...

This was my personal mindset when I implemented this.
I hope a few will agree with it :p

Ah, that's true. I guess I just don't bother doing agility for the skill outfits. Better to just keep earning lots of money on my traditional methods: burying bones, making fire from logs, keep building the same thing in my poh over and over again, fletch some really overpowered magic bows without strings, smith some rune platebodies. Purely for the gainz of course.[/quote]

Logs gives you the possibility to cook wherever you want, construction allows you to build whatever you want and do special stuff (Going to frosts, slayer cave, buying capes,checking killcounts), fletching gives you bolts or arrows and smithing can give you supplies for construction or fletching.
The only skill with no benefit you mentioned is prayer.
Just don't try to pull stuff out of the context please..

I get where you are coming from don't get me wrong but IMO releasing a few sets with agility is not that bad of an idea IMO.
Image
Image

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Ruler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:13 am

Yea there's benefit to training these skills in levels, but so is agility for unlimited run? I would even say unlimted run is whatever you are going to do far more important than most others... There's a reason most people start with training agility. There's no point in training it after maxing but the same goes for other skills like construction. And lets be honest, nobody uses firemaking for cooking as we have unlimited fires or cooing ranges close to banks.

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4790
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Andres » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Ruler wrote:Yea there's benefit to training these skills in levels, but so is agility for unlimited run? I would even say unlimted run is whatever you are going to do far more important than most others... There's a reason most people start with training agility. There's no point in training it after maxing but the same goes for other skills like construction. And lets be honest, nobody uses firemaking for cooking as we have unlimited fires or cooing ranges close to banks.


I don't think you get my point.
Like I said, training agility to 99 is surely a good call and is definitely needed.
But After 99 you don't get anything from it, no resources no items you just get XP.
I am not saying that every skill SHOULD give you something, but it is ideal that every skill gives you something in return.
Construction is click intensive and requires a lot of money, so it's an achievement reaching 2b since it's not the easiest skill to train.
But reaching 2b agility is nothing, just boring catching warlocks or running the same course over and over.
So therefore I did introduce these items to the agility skill because I find that the agility skill ( among with fm) is one of the most boring and least rewarding skills here in pkhonor
and the skilling items will give the skill some use again.
Image
Image

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 7451
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Postby Ruler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Sorry I'm really clueless now because you are practically saying 'construction is useless, costs more effort and is expensive, but agility is also useless so lets make it more useful!'. I get your point but your reasoning is just off in my opinion...
For me it doesn't make sense you can get bonus exp in a skill by doing another skill. I would prefer to see a skill point system, which is immediately a good moment to revamp points and alter shops (divide pkhonor points in skiller points and pk points). Although this might be way too hard to change at this point (what to do with all the pkp people have...?)

PreviousNext

Return to Polls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests