Skilling outfits bonus xp

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How should skilling outfits work?

100 agility tickets per piece
11%
150 agility tickets per piece
4%
200 agility tickets per piece
12%
250 agility tickets per piece
3%
300 agility tickets per piece
13%
10% bonus xp for a full set
10%
12% bonus xp for a full set
10%
15% bonus xp for a full set, but 7% when combined with brawling gloves
19%
15% bonus xp for a full set, up to 3M bonus xp (then it breaks)
2%
15% bonus xp for a full set, up to 5M bonus xp (then it breaks)
9%
I have an alternative suggestion for the full set bonus
6%

Total votes: 90

Empty bag

Re: Skilling outfits bonus xp

Post by Empty bag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:05 am

Simon wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:
Mike wrote: Each piece would then offer 1% bonus xp and the full set would offer 7% instead, so a full set plus brawling gloves only offers 37% bonus xp instead of 45%.
This is a very reasonable approach I think. It makes the outfits viable but not overpowered.
Don't make them break or degradable. That's just a pain.
Isaac wrote:Make them obtainable for good and untradeable of course.
Agreed
And they will stack with the spottier cape, is that correct?
Would mean 70% + 30 + another additional %. Road 2 2B agil in 1 day become possible hahaha

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 am

My biggest hope is that you are able to bank them in one of the unused things in the costume room of the poh.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:37 pm

There is alot of xp boosting features and honestly there shouldn't be any more. Brawlers and events are enough. Getting 2b in a skill doesn't feel the same, in the sense it doesn't feel like an accomplishment anymore.

What I suggest is, it could have a doubling of the item bonus. If wearing the set you could have 5-10% chance of receiving double the item without getting any extra xp. For example if cutting logs you could have the chance of getting double log from one cut.

Or combine it with the introduction of clues from skilling. If you want clue scrolls from skilling, you would need to wear a skilling set.

However adding more xp bonuses sounds just terrible.
ImageImage

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:There is alot of xp boosting features and honestly there shouldn't be any more. Brawlers and events are enough. Getting 2b in a skill doesn't feel the same, in the sense it doesn't feel like an accomplishment anymore.

What I suggest is, it could have a doubling of the item bonus. If wearing the set you could have 5-10% chance of receiving double the item without getting any extra xp. For example if cutting logs you could have the chance of getting double log from one cut.

Or combine it with the introduction of clues from skilling. If you want clue scrolls from skilling, you would need to wear a skilling set.

I wonder if there's a reason why you're so opposed to more bonus XP

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:37 pm

Simon wrote:
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:There is alot of xp boosting features and honestly there shouldn't be any more. Brawlers and events are enough. Getting 2b in a skill doesn't feel the same, in the sense it doesn't feel like an accomplishment anymore.

Sorry, didn't know skilling should be meaningless and 2b skills should only take a few hours each. Also that isn't a very good argument, it could be saying you want more xp boosting outfits becuase you don't have every skill maxed yet. If you want skilling outfits, then they should replace brawlers 100 % becuase OSRS doesn't have it. You could argue that brawlers on PKH is the equivalent of skilling outfits on OSRS.
Last edited by B0rnt0b3pk on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Simon wrote:

How dare he be opposed to exp changes with his max exp. Smh.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:04 pm

So no one else has an issue with the only way of receiving these being through agility?

That's cool, just want to make sure I stand alone

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Of course he's not a fan of making it easier to achieve. He got it without those extra bonuses. There's nothing wrong with that point of view, I think everyone in that position would feel the same way.

It's always a tough issue to deal with for devs. We obviously don't want to invalidate people's accomplishments and power creep progress like crazy. On the other hand, we also can't refuse to do anything that would make things a bit easier on account of those past achievements. It's a bit like inflation I guess. There's a healthy sweet spot that allows the game to evolve over the years without screwing up what people have accomplished in the past. We just have to find it.

Anyway it's not nearly as bad as the opposite side of the issue: making things harder than they used to be. That really ruffles people's feathers. :P

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 pm

The builder wrote:So no one else has an issue with the only way of receiving these being through agility?

Personally I agree with you, that they should be obtainable throughout varies skills & skilling methods.

Empty bag

Post by Empty bag » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 am

The builder wrote:So no one else has an issue with the only way of receiving these being through agility?

I think in this case your right, either it should be obtainable through all the skills or every skill needs it’s own outfit imo.