Wilderness resource area and wilderness bonuses

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What do you think of the suggested additions?

Dark crabs: 23 HP, 5 Prayer Points and 2 mins of leech protection
3%
Dark crabs: 23 HP, 5 Prayer Points and 3 mins of leech protection
4%
Dark crabs: 23 HP, 5 Prayer Points and 5 mins of leech protection
6%
Dark crabs: 23 HP, 5 Prayer Points, no leech protection
9%
Dark crabs: 23 HP, no prayer points, no leech protection (suggest own idea)
4%
Dark crabs XP: 14,100 fish XP + 9,400 cook XP
21%
Dark crabs XP: lower it (suggest own XP)
2%
Bonus XP in the wilderness: +20% for players with BH enabled
12%
Bonus XP in the wilderness: always +20%
13%
Bonus XP in the wilderness: None
3%
Bonus NPC drops: +20% for players with BH enabled
13%
Bonus NPC drops: No
10%

Total votes: 107

Pim
Premium Donator

Re: Wilderness resource area and wilderness bonuses

Post by Pim » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Adamthalion wrote:The exp bonus and drop bonus for having bh on is a good idea.
I don't like changing the effect of dark crabs from osrs. Every item we add that has different effects, it leads to more confusion in the community. I mean look how long it took people to understand what the divine effect was on pkhonor.
I would be in favor of making dark crabs heal exactly 23 with no hp bonus. Then fix rocktails to what they were in runescape, where they healed an amount based on your base-hp level, with the hp bonus.
But 99% of us is max cb so rocktails outclass dark crabs ( i assume ) and why the fk would a wild nigga then go to my town to fish them?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Counterret wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:The exp bonus and drop bonus for having bh on is a good idea.
I don't like changing the effect of dark crabs from osrs. Every item we add that has different effects, it leads to more confusion in the community. I mean look how long it took people to understand what the divine effect was on pkhonor.
I would be in favor of making dark crabs heal exactly 23 with no hp bonus. Then fix rocktails to what they were in runescape, where they healed an amount based on your base-hp level, with the hp bonus.
But 99% of us is max cb so rocktails outclass dark crabs ( i assume ) and why the fk would a wild nigga then go to my town to fish them?
For the exp bonus that would make them better than rocktails.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm

I have to agree with adam here. Especially for new players, the more custom effects you add to items different from osrs, the harder it will be for them and the more confused they will get. If you do want to have this custom effect it might be better to also use custom food (most people are against too much custom stuff though), for example by coloring an already existing fish. If people see something new they will inform about the effects. If it is something they recognise from osrs/other servers they will just assume it works the same.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Not sure how dark crabs work. 23 hp and 5 pray points doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but being immune to leach curses? No thanks. Only reason people leach curses is to drain run. If you want to add immunity to that, then remove our unlimited run and implement the weight feature for how quickly your run drains.

While you're at it, cap the limit on brews to 14. People will bring 23 brews, fish 2 crab at a time and note them.

Also would suggest adding a fee to note said items in resource area and to enter the resource area. Small fee of 100k? 100k to enter, 100k to note each time. Would help with the issue above and how much food is brought into the resource area.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:02 am

Those cooking so rates are so crazy...
Like...why dude... Why?

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Raw_dark_crab
Osrs rates for fishing and cooking...
Cooking is always more so than fishing because you burn food and so you an catch up because of that...

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Azu rite wrote:Those cooking so rates are so crazy...
Like...why dude... Why?

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Raw_dark_crab
Osrs rates for fishing and cooking...
Cooking is always more so than fishing because you burn food and so you an catch up because of that...
That's osrs, I think that pkh system is better. If you really want that 200m cooking you will have to buy some fish meaning the skillers market is at a good point. It's like smithing but instead of you cba to mine ores you need to buy fish to have similar xp in fishing and cooking. Fishing is easy vs mining.
What I'm trying to say is that the rates will keep people intrested in buying raw fish. whereas if we had a higher rate for cooking, buying raw fish wouldn't be as intresting.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Agree with Tezey. It's like that for everything. 11.4k to catch a rock tail, 7.6k to cook. Like that across the board and there's been a few threads posted about the xp difference in past years.

Zeke v2
Honor Player

Post by Zeke v2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm all for this skilling area as long as cancer and salt is not thrown through every chat in game public, yell, clan chat etc by clans or just your average try hard pker that thinks he's good for getting a kill when in reality he killed someone geared for skilling no way to survive LUl and saying Cu, EZ, Clrd, Bye, Thank you And so forth when they get the kill.

But as stated before about a fee to note your food that you catch is a great idea but 100k to note is way to much because 10 inventorys thats 1M right there and no one is going to bother using it if they have to bring 1,000,000,000 Gold Pieces. I feel as if it should be 25,000 to note the food you caught but make it so it does not matter how much food is in the inventory if you have 2 fish in your inventory it will cost 25k if you have 20 it will cost 25k and so forth. This way people will have to calculate how much money they want to risk having in wilderness and how many fish they should get etc and make it more interactive as a whole. You can't make the fee too much because the skillers need to make profit or no one will ever fishing angerlfish.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 pm

You act like 1m is a lot? Your 10 inventories is 250 dark crab. You think you're not going to make that 1m back if you sell them? 25k is literally nothing on this server. Kill 1 chicken and you have 25k worth of feathers.. rocktail sell for 250k ea. 250k x 25=6.25M. Dark crab will sell for more. 100k is a minimal expense for the profit acquired. I'd be fine with it being bumped to 1M tbh.

Curious who would bring 1b cash to the wild. 10M is 100 note actions. That's pocket change for 99% of the server. Not sure why you think anyone would bring 1b to fish with lol..

The fee was meant to be exactly as you said - everytime you note, regardless the amount.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:44 am

What a broad and complex topic :S
I agree with the direction of this proposal, let's put it that way.
It's easy to call every proposed detail a bad idea and we won't get far with that either.

Extra reward for having bounty hunter on in the wilderness:

In general yes, because if you are in the wilderness with bounty hunter enabled your chances of getting killed are AT LEAST doubled. Given the knowledge of that, nobody would deliberately turn on (not turn off) bounty hunter. So no skiller, no pvmer and no pker (except for the pkers who dominate the wilderness at a given time) will put on bounty hunter.

Result: dominating pkers slay other players who simply don't have the knowledge about the bounty hunter mechanics and possibilities.

So ome thing that needs to happen for sure, is to make all wilderness participants ware of any update that will happen to the system.
Preferably have it turn off all bounty hunters by default and then letting everyone evaluate if it's a good idea or worthwhile risk reward to turn on bounty hunter. I'm sure (wildy) vets will still be able to profit from any new system more than regular players but I don't see any way to prevent that entirely.

I think there should be a difference between wilderness bonuses below 30 wilderness and above 30 wilderness, since people could just always take the bonuses below 30 wilderness and instantly teleport upon any danger.

Continuously relogging so you lose your targets but keep the bonus without the risk? That'd be yet another challange to balance out.

It always sounds easier than it is, but then again I could write an essay about anything this way too. Maybe separate these two main topics wildy bonuses and skilling area in separate threads since I only covered one topic partially. Bedtime that's for sure.
#Justice4Church