What's the next update?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What's the next update?

Callisto (wilderness boss)
21%
Dark crabs & the wilderness resource area
19%
Inventory & equipment presets
60%

Total votes: 75

Mike
Programmer

Re: What's the next update?

Post by Mike » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:15 am

Adamthalion wrote:Can you make sure that inventory presets can't be used for skilling?
This could massively change the exp rates for skills like herblore and construction. Prayer, smithing, crafting, cooking, and any other skills that involve frequent banking would also become faster.
I thought that was half the point of presets, to use them not only for PvM & PvP setups, but also to make skilling easier and less click-intensive. The idea of presets is something that was first brought to my mind when a player (many months ago, perhaps even more than a year) was complaining about the fact that training construction was a very tedious task, constantly going through the process of right-clicking logs, entering '16', right-clicking gold leafs, entering '8' etc. etc. I thought presets would come in handy for those tasks that are otherwise very boring and one of the least enjoyable aspects of the game (not counting toxic players ^^). However, I couldn't figure out a proper way to add presets until I only recently came up with the idea (or someone presented the idea to me? Not sure) of simply saving your current inventory & equipment as preset, which is rather simple in both use and implementation. Or maybe someone got the idea of using the current inventory from some other server, I really don't know :P

Making skilling less click-intensive was also the whole point of the shift drop and the unfinished potion maker which is currently in the making and almost ready for release.
I know that there is a bit of balance to maintain and not everything should be too easy, so with everything becoming less click-intensive, it would be logical to slightly lower several XP rates, even more so if we're also going to provide an XP rate buff for all skills in the wilderness, including all the woodcutting, mining and fishing in the deep wilderness resource area (with an NPC to note your items).

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:53 am

Disagree with Adam. Just let presets be used for whatever.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:08 am

Wow, 2b con going to be hella easy now.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 am

Oh boy I remember writing an essay about this years ago. Regarding skilling presets:

Remember we're a rsps, just an example: people who don't want to play osrs often come to rsps because there's not such a tedious grind of doing things over and over again to unlock something at a certain level. Heck they'd probably have had their mains banned for botting because they didn't have the time and/or patience to grind skills. Now they're on pkhonor, it's kind of fine till 99 but then if you go past that for 200m/2b it's a pain. Now comes the part they think meh, can't I autoclick this. Oh look there's already botting scripts for this server...
It simply removes a lot of the incentives of botting.

What I personally think about it is, what's my xp worth. I've been slaving myself to the point it was far from fun just to push out those last 2b's for comp. But I know for a fact a ton of the 2b xp ranks are botted, example construction. The moment ghostmouse or similar things got popular everyone flied padt you in the highscores. Hardly detectable and people probably just do cons service with it. Are they to blame, it's a tedious task. If you do everything 100% legit you're busy 10x longer than someone who doesn't do it legit and was that worth it for the same result in the end? Only difference is that you know you did it legit yourself. Other than that why not bring the legit play style closer to the non legit way. You want to withdraw 13 gold leaf and 13 plank, because player1 can do it in 0.4sec and player2 with script can even do it in 0.1sec that won't really change the total xp outcome. The scripts and super fast clickers barely see a change in xp. That 30% more xp you mentioned would be the regular Joe who is just skilling to get it out of the way, not extreme xp/hr targets just skilling he'll enjoy it more well great. Less botting more fun and doing it legit will be at least a bit closer to the scripters.

As for people who already have 2b xps and all that shit, well a good portion was obtained by using/abusing old mechanics that mostly don't work anymore nowadays. So the xp rates are already different in a negative aspect and the anti botting is better, so if there's a buff now it won't hurt much.
Also people who have had their perks for their achievements all that time could already use it for a long time, are we rioting that the comp 500kill req gets nerfed? It's the same thing.

Eh idk what I all said by now, I need sleep asap.
Rl;dr
It's rsps, not timewastescape, presets just working for skilling almost only has benefits and barely cons. Less incentive for botting and makes a little bit up for the slightly nerfed skilling xp/hr over the years.
#Justice4Church

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:21 am

Whatever happened to avatars?

Also skilling pets and elites

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Not that I play anymore but placeholders would be a massive improvement.

Ziaw
Premium Donator

Post by Ziaw » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:39 pm

clue bottles
but botting is bad and you should NEVER do it

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Ross wrote:Not that I play anymore but placeholders would be a massive improvement.
pls add this in like how they have in OSRS, would be nice

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:15 pm

The underdog wrote:Oh boy I remember writing an essay about this years ago. Regarding skilling presets:

Remember we're a rsps, just an example: people who don't want to play osrs often come to rsps because there's not such a tedious grind of doing things over and over again to unlock something at a certain level. Heck they'd probably have had their mains banned for botting because they didn't have the time and/or patience to grind skills. Now they're on pkhonor, it's kind of fine till 99 but then if you go past that for 200m/2b it's a pain. Now comes the part they think meh, can't I autoclick this. Oh look there's already botting scripts for this server...
It simply removes a lot of the incentives of botting.

What I personally think about it is, what's my xp worth. I've been slaving myself to the point it was far from fun just to push out those last 2b's for comp. But I know for a fact a ton of the 2b xp ranks are botted, example construction. The moment ghostmouse or similar things got popular everyone flied padt you in the highscores. Hardly detectable and people probably just do cons service with it. Are they to blame, it's a tedious task. If you do everything 100% legit you're busy 10x longer than someone who doesn't do it legit and was that worth it for the same result in the end? Only difference is that you know you did it legit yourself. Other than that why not bring the legit play style closer to the non legit way. You want to withdraw 13 gold leaf and 13 plank, because player1 can do it in 0.4sec and player2 with script can even do it in 0.1sec that won't really change the total xp outcome. The scripts and super fast clickers barely see a change in xp. That 30% more xp you mentioned would be the regular Joe who is just skilling to get it out of the way, not extreme xp/hr targets just skilling he'll enjoy it more well great. Less botting more fun and doing it legit will be at least a bit closer to the scripters.

As for people who already have 2b xps and all that shit, well a good portion was obtained by using/abusing old mechanics that mostly don't work anymore nowadays. So the xp rates are already different in a negative aspect and the anti botting is better, so if there's a buff now it won't hurt much.
Also people who have had their perks for their achievements all that time could already use it for a long time, are we rioting that the comp 500kill req gets nerfed? It's the same thing.

Eh idk what I all said by now, I need sleep asap.
Rl;dr
It's rsps, not timewastescape, presets just working for skilling almost only has benefits and barely cons. Less incentive for botting and makes a little bit up for the slightly nerfed skilling xp/hr over the years.
i agree with you but you misunderstand that for some reason people on this server love to grind. makes no sense to me at all since rsps are meant to be easy but people are all about grinding shit out here.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Presets, then Callisto. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: