Divine spirit shield changes

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How should the Divine spirit shield work?

Keep it the same, but make it act as an Elysian shield in PvP
78%
Change it to the suggested idea (50% chance to reduce 20% damage, 30% chance to recoil 20% damage)
15%
Change it to the suggested idea but lower the damage recoil
No votes
Change it to the suggested idea but lower the damage reduction
No votes
Change it to the suggested idea but lower both damage reduction & recoil
No votes
None of the above, I have my own suggestion posted below
7%

Total votes: 60

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Divine spirit shield changes

Post by Ruler » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:19 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:I wonder how many people are voting for just change just to merch ely shields lol
After this change everyone will realise ely is just as bad and we will have to start this discussion again anyways.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Sverre wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:I wonder how many people are voting for just change just to merch ely shields lol
After this change everyone will realise ely is just as bad and we will have to start this discussion again anyways.
One step at a time I guess

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:31 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:In osrs yes there is no divine, but there is an ely, but lets be honest, hardly anybody pks with that as its expensive. In PKH everybody can afford to pk with a divine or ely, this is why the issue came up in the first place.

My suggestion is make ely and divine both work like custom whips in the wild, where the effect works in pvm, but stops completely in pvp.

Pking is about K0's and divine/ely just remove the max hit and turn pking into a game of waste 10 minutes and then tab.
I would agree with removing both affects altogether in pvp. However, we have much more power creep in pkh than osrs. If chaotics, vesta, turm, etc were removed, then I would agree. But lets be real, that is never going to happen.
Why not just leave these things and remove the tick eating. A choc-ice and a brew together is overpowered as Jad vs a chicken. I wouldn't mind dharok or bandos fighting again with a tick eating removal. Would make pking all around more skill based.
Disqualify this guy on every pk suggestion jezus christ.

Still refer to my post above, a total removal of the divine shield would be the best suggestion however if not then make divine act as an elysian yes.

Yesterday me and the ppl of no cc that were online at that point actually had a chat about it. And Mike if this is ever going to happen make sure you remove korasi first.
The weapon is just a fail, has always been a fail, not on your end but on jagex's end to ever come up with this weapon. Way to accurate and hits way to high.. if theres no divines wilderniss is a complete mess with korasi.

Again, maybe reward the completion of pest invasion with elite void, or some void sets.. IDK but remove rasi.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Counterret wrote:Yesterday me and the ppl of no cc that were online at that point actually had a chat about it. And Mike if this is ever going to happen make sure you remove korasi first.
The weapon is just a fail, has always been a fail, not on your end but on jagex's end to ever come up with this weapon. Way to accurate and hits way to high.. if theres no divines wilderniss is a complete mess with korasi.

Again, maybe reward the completion of pest invasion with elite void, or some void sets.. IDK but remove rasi.
What about capping it at like 50 max damage?

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Counterret wrote:Yesterday me and the ppl of no cc that were online at that point actually had a chat about it. And Mike if this is ever going to happen make sure you remove korasi first.

Meh, the weapon just doesnt have a fun aspect really. Its cheap, low risk and always hits.

Its a magic hit, and magic generally is very accurate especially in melee fights where u both wearing negative mage bonus gear.
Capping this at 50 wouldnt really KO someone in edge, so most likely it will become useless in edge.

Then for deep its still meh, cuz in NH (overhead) fights its just not counterable. Sumone switches full melee gear so u have to pray melee on his hit and the second before the next hit he can switch a 1-way to rasi and will have full strength on the next hit.. its boring. Since deep is outlasting this is just a very annoying 50 dmg that you should only take if you're to slow, of just get faked out by your opponent to protect against it.

Its just poorly designed by jagex and many people share this feeling.. Some people really enjoy ags, or claws and will very much dislike either of them to be removed. Noone besides r3v will complain if korasi is gone because getting killed by a rasi spec is just boring. 0 use for PVM, Op in wilderniss, and theres not much more to say about this weapon.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Counterret wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:

Meh, the weapon just doesnt have a fun aspect really. Its cheap, low risk and always hits.

Its a magic hit, and magic generally is very accurate especially in melee fights where u both wearing negative mage bonus gear.
Capping this at 50 wouldnt really KO someone in edge, so most likely it will become useless in edge.

Then for deep its still meh, cuz in NH (overhead) fights its just not counterable. Sumone switches full melee gear so u have to pray melee on his hit and the second before the next hit he can switch a 1-way to rasi and will have full strength on the next hit.. its boring. Since deep is outlasting this is just a very annoying 50 dmg that you should only take if you're to slow, of just get faked out by your opponent to protect against it.

Its just poorly designed by jagex and many people share this feeling.. Some people really enjoy ags, or claws and will very much dislike either of them to be removed. Noone besides r3v will complain if korasi is gone because getting killed by a rasi spec is just boring. 0 use for PVM, Op in wilderniss, and theres not much more to say about this weapon.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=68079

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:22 am

Counterret wrote:quote]

Disqualify this guy on every pk suggestion jezus christ.

Still refer to my post above, a total removal of the divine shield would be the best suggestion however if not then make divine act as an elysian yes.

Yesterday me and the ppl of no cc that were online at that point actually had a chat about it. And Mike if this is ever going to happen make sure you remove korasi first.

Why should my opinion not matter? I played runescape for 11 years before I moved on to private servers.

Korasi isnt as bothersome as you point out. Yes, it is stupidly accurate. But it only maxes about 73 in full void, and I only hit 60+ with it maybe 5-10% of the time. (probably around 7%) Most of the time when I korasi spec, I hit something like a 43. Also, Korasi is pretty much the only non melee spec weapon right now. Removing that would mean more pkers just camp melee prayer and eat at 90 hp. I understand this is already done now, but it would mean even less "pking" and more just atking and nobody actually killing anybody.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:26 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:Also, Korasi is pretty much the only non melee spec weapon right now. Removing that would mean more pkers just camp melee prayer and eat at 90 hp.
No it would mean people only fight who they want to fight and it's harder for rushers... Too bad for you.

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Sverre wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:Also, Korasi is pretty much the only non melee spec weapon right now. Removing that would mean more pkers just camp melee prayer and eat at 90 hp.
No it would mean people only fight who they want to fight and it's harder for rushers... Too bad for you.
I can rush without a korasi no problem. I'm fine with wild being removed even. Pkers just rag people until they quit even with new rule. wilds a toxic shithole these days.