KBD cave changes

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Do you agree with the proposed changes?

Don't allow tele block inside the KBD cave
19%
Allow tele block inside the cave as you always could
11%
Add a second lever at the other side of the cave
18%
Don't add a second lever
6%
Make the KBD non-wild
25%
Keep the KBD cave in the wilderness
21%

Total votes: 158

Mike
Programmer

KBD cave changes

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:37 pm

I've been working a bit on rebalancing our NPC drops, mostly buff the ones that aren't as profitable as they should be (and making one or two that are a little too profitable a bit less so).

One of the NPC's that is receiving a significant buff to its drops is the King Black Dragon. As it is one of the most dangerous NPC's (and in a part of the wilderness where everyone can kill everyone), it's only fitting that it should be one of the most rewarding ones in the game.

There have been a few discussions in the past about whether the cave should be in wilderness or not, and as far as we could tell, the consensus was pretty much "we don't mind it being in the wilderness, but it's a death trap so it's too risky."

Therefore, on top of the extra drops, I would like to propose two changes to give players a chance of escaping the cave:
> Make the tele block spell not work while inside the KBD cave (but still make it work everywhere else, including near the ladder with the spiders). This way, players can always leave the cave through the lever
> Add a second lever at the North side of the cave. This lever does the same as the South lever (takes you to the ladder with spiders), but allows for an extra way to escape. At the same time, it also allows for an extra way to enter, as the lever as the spiders would randomly teleport you to either the North or South side of the cave. It allows for more possibilities and actics for both PK'ers and those trying to escape

Let us know what you think of these changes (there are 3 sets of suggestions to vote yet/no to), and whether you have any suggestions of your own to improve our KBD.
I've added 'make the KBD non-wild' as an extra option in this poll, but that's just to have an idea of what the general majority of the community thinks. Even if most vote to make it non-wild, we won't do so just yet. There is merit in keeping it in the wilderness while changing certain mechanics about it - if we were to ever make it non-wild, we would first have some serious further discussions about it before even considering it.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Re: KBD cave changes

Post by The underdog » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Kbd was made harder without giving the boss better drops to make up for it at the time, a little but not enough.

So better drops are welcome, but the wilderness kbd changes is a no from me simply because of the fact my best pvp memories lay in that lair (teleblock is what makes this the best thing ever) you can kill the very best pker in that cave with a small team if you're smart enough it's just fun how many risky scenario's revolve around the kbd lair and I think most of our pkers know by now nobody is safe when pulling the lever even if you stack a million brews :)
Maybe I can support the extra lever, because it adds to the cat and mouse game but the pker can simply tele back instantly too so it wouldn't matter much but it would give a valid way to escape because if you face a tber as a pvmer its game over too easy.
Last edited by The underdog on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Big support for KBD drop buffs, and I agree that TB should not work in there, as if you get tbed (and people will just use countless alts) you're dead. It's also multi so if a clan cannot kill someone in multi without tb they're pretty trash anyways.

Xanax 2mg
Premium Donator

Post by Xanax 2mg » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:56 pm

the chances of you Running Into more than one Player Pking at a Time yet alone together on pkh is teh same chance of getting all Four diamonds with In 2k kill count. stop being Sissies. if kbd changes r made i Feel massive riot may come

Basuraesti
Wise One

Post by Basuraesti » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 pm

you're asking a community of pvmers if they prefer the pvm or pvp route =l results are predictable on here.
Ryan wrote:You lot simply can't resist acting like children and calling each other fat online.

Hello no cc
Premium Donator

Post by Hello no cc » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:06 pm

pvmers are such noobs. DEAR PVMERS, If you close the KBD lair gate behind you, us pkers would not know you're inside. therefor we would just run past. guys just close the damn gate and keep it wildy!!!

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Either keep it how it is or make it so that the KBD lair is no longer in the wilderness. If you do change it then you should change the location of where the KBD teleport brings you. It'd be far too easy to escape PKers if you kept the teleport spot the same as it is right now. I'd suggest putting it at around level 37 wilderness directly above the graves south of KBD.

I don't like the idea of an additional lever.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:16 pm

In wildy? Yes. Tb? Yes. 2nd lever? Why not. Buff? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee Mike! This boss needs a huge buff.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Basuraesti wrote:you're asking a community of pvmers if they prefer the pvm or pvp route =l results are predictable on here.
True that. However, it's hard to argue that the KBD as it is now is simply too much of a risk to enter, which stops people from going there. By allowing some form of escape (and buffing drops), we're encouraging people to go there, which in turn allows for extra PK'ing possibilities. If no PVM'ers go to the KBD because it's too risky, there won't be as many PK'ing opportunities there either. These changes will hopefully affect both in a positive way.

Hello no cc wrote:pvmers are such noobs. DEAR PVMERS, If you close the KBD lair gate behind you, us pkers would not know you're inside. therefor we would just run past. guys just close the damn gate and keep it wildy!!!
Actually, opening a gate (or door) will only make it show as 'open' for yourself. For everyone else, it will still appear as closed.
Secondly, once opened, you cannot close the KBD gate, due to the fact I couldn't find any proper objects for the gate in the client. However, since gates and doors aren't shown to other players, it doesn't really matter. Others cannot know when someone has passed through the gate before.

Spiderwebs are the only exception in this regard, as they do appear slashed/repaired for all players. But door interaction is only visible to the one player who operates it.

James wrote: I don't like the idea of an additional lever.
I figure it would open up extra possibilities for escape, while allowing clans (or smaller teams) to come in from two sides at once (if they're a little thoughtful) to box someone in. It offers an extra tactical advantage when used correctly, one you do not have in OSRS, but you don't need there, as it's a non wild area.

Hello no cc
Premium Donator

Post by Hello no cc » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Mike wrote:
Basuraesti wrote:you're asking a community of pvmers if they prefer the pvm or pvp route =l results are predictable on here.
True that. However, it's hard to argue that the KBD as it is now is simply too much of a risk to enter, which stops people from going there. By allowing some form of escape (and buffing drops), we're encouraging people to go there, which in turn allows for extra PK'ing possibilities. If no PVM'ers go to the KBD because it's too risky, there won't be as many PK'ing opportunities there either. These changes will hopefully affect both in a positive way.

Hello no cc wrote:pvmers are such noobs. DEAR PVMERS, If you close the KBD lair gate behind you, us pkers would not know you're inside. therefor we would just run past. guys just close the damn gate and keep it wildy!!!
Actually, opening a gate (or door) will only make it show as 'open' for yourself. For everyone else, it will still appear as closed.
Secondly, once opened, you cannot close the KBD gate, due to the fact I couldn't find any proper objects for the gate in the client. However, since gates and doors aren't shown to other players, it doesn't really matter. Others cannot know when someone has passed through the gate before.

Spiderwebs are the only exception in this regard, as they do appear slashed/repaired for all players. But door interaction is only visible to the one player who operates it.

James wrote: I don't like the idea of an additional lever.
I figure it would open up extra possibilities for escape, while allowing clans (or smaller teams) to come in from two sides at once (if they're a little thoughtful) to box someone in. It offers an extra tactical advantage when used correctly, one you do not have in OSRS, but you don't need there, as it's a non wild area.
t'was a joke my fam