Dying @ Zulrah

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should happen with lost items when dying at Zulrah?

Drop on the island with a high timeout (like 20 minutes)
5%
Drop near the boat (where the priestess is found on OSRS) with a high timeout (like 20 mins)
62%
Add the priestess just like it is in OSRS, who holds onto all lost items until you die another time (takes time to code)
33%

Total votes: 91

Mohmed saad
Rookie

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Mohmed saad » Tue May 09, 2017 1:49 pm

nice mik

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Tue May 09, 2017 2:32 pm

where zaluruh
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 pm

I don't know a thing about zulrah, but will it really take 20 minutes to get back for items? Atm I can get back to any boss in under a minute if I die, 20 minutes seems massive. Maybe figure like 5 mins to pick up items. Can somebody give me an idea of where and how to get to Zulrah so I have an idea tho?

First born

Post by First born » Tue May 09, 2017 5:59 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:I don't know a thing about zulrah, but will it really take 20 minutes to get back for items? Atm I can get back to any boss in under a minute if I die, 20 minutes seems massive. Maybe figure like 5 mins to pick up items. Can somebody give me an idea of where and how to get to Zulrah so I have an idea tho?
I've never done zulrah but if I'm not mistaken they have teleport tab things for it

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue May 09, 2017 6:20 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:I don't know a thing about zulrah, but will it really take 20 minutes to get back for items? Atm I can get back to any boss in under a minute if I die, 20 minutes seems massive. Maybe figure like 5 mins to pick up items. Can somebody give me an idea of where and how to get to Zulrah so I have an idea tho?
You have 20 minutes to pick the items up. It takes like 10 seconds to bank and then get there.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue May 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Thank you everyone for your input and feedback! Good to know that most people are in favor of having it dropped near the boat, which would also be my personal choice.

I do believe that a very good point is being made when people say "the Priestess was an accidental and unintended bank alternative for UIM players and it should have never been there in the first place". I do think that several (smaller and usually very specific) inventory-enhancing features are needed before we can really have UIM, but the priestess in OSRS does sound like it makes it too easy and very prone to abuse.

Combined with the poll results, I do believe that we'll never have the priestess as they do in OSRS. With an excessively high timeout for the items to disappear, the same result (of a relatively safe minigame) is achieved anyway. The only case where it would make a real difference is when someone's internet drops away for more than 20 minutes while fighting Zulrah.

The main question that remains now is: how do we allow for access to Zul-Andra? No idea tbh.

A iron girl
Premium Donator

Post by A iron girl » Tue May 09, 2017 7:29 pm

I found this method of getting there about 3 days ago.

1) skilling - smithing teleport
2) talk to the guy to go to elf island
3) run along the path (maybe google runescape map if you are lost) for around 30 seconds and you should be there at the boat.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue May 09, 2017 7:37 pm

I think it's worth pointing out that this solution is still somewhat prone to abuse. In essence it's just the Priestess with a 20 minute timer, so it's a bank you can use for 20 minutes. It's not much but that might be enough for UIM players to offload some valuables while they go do something dangerous, like a clue in the Wilderness. This could easily be countered further by reducing the timer to ~5 minutes and/or making the loot disappear if you die again.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue May 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Mike wrote:The main question that remains now is: how do we allow for access to Zul-Andra? No idea tbh.
So on osrs, there are 3 main ways to get there: Charter boat to port tyras and run south, fairyring BJS agility shourtcut, and run south, and the teleport scroll which is dropped by zulrah. There are plenty of options, it just depends on how much time you want it to take to get back to zul-andrah. Closest teleport we have now is smithing teleport, take the boat to Tyras camp and run south. That is a little long, but I wouldn't mind making that run every trip. It would be awesome if you could enable fairy rings. That would give us several faster teleport options, while still being balanced. Finally, introducing the teleport scroll as an uncommon drop would be cool. Making them untradable would reward people for killing zulrah enough, by giving them a faster trip.
Really up to how authentic the community wants this to be though. Personally I am fine with just using the boat at port phasmatys and running south, with the occasional teleport scroll.

Reference: http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Zul-Andra

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Rapsey wrote:I think it's worth pointing out that this solution is still somewhat prone to abuse. In essence it's just the Priestess with a 20 minute timer, so it's a bank you can use for 20 minutes. It's not much but that might be enough for UIM players to offload some valuables while they go do something dangerous, like a clue in the Wilderness. This could easily be countered further by reducing the timer to ~5 minutes and/or making the loot disappear if you die again.
I like the idea of 5 min timer, what somebody posted earlier it sounds like getting to Zulrah takes about 60 seconds. Plenty of time to get stuff back in 5 mins. 20 minutes means there's no risk to this unless you dc. Any pvm should have some risk imo.