Dying @ Zulrah

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should happen with lost items when dying at Zulrah?

Drop on the island with a high timeout (like 20 minutes)
5%
Drop near the boat (where the priestess is found on OSRS) with a high timeout (like 20 mins)
62%
Add the priestess just like it is in OSRS, who holds onto all lost items until you die another time (takes time to code)
33%

Total votes: 91

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by I2aw origins » Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Rapsey wrote:
I2aw origins wrote:lets not make any decisions regarding new content on the basis that something may come in a future update.

Remember when we did that for summoning? look at summoning now.
I think that's a terrible idea, we should definitely be thinking ahead. Summoning is like the one exception that we eventually decided not to add. UIM on the other hand is 100% certain to be released in the next few months. Most of the implementation is already done, we just don't want to release it until we have introduced all the features to maximize inventory space.

I agree that it's foolish to base decisions on what might happen, but it's equally foolish to completely ignore all plans and make a decision now when you already know it will conflict with one of the next updates.
I worded that poorly. I also was unaware that UIM was 100% going to come here, buttt to be fair so was summoning. ;)

That being said, I more or less mean that lets let our main focus be that on content that we already have. UIM is truly going to be a small part of the community who even uses it. Unless I'm thinking of something else, once you die as a UIM you become a regular ironman, so once people die, the relevancy kind of fades.

Also, there should not be a way for UIM to use this as a faux bank account. The point of UIM is to not bank - this would essentially be banking for a period of time.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu May 18, 2017 11:41 pm

I2aw origins wrote:Unless I'm thinking of something else, once you die as a UIM you become a regular ironman, so once people die, the relevancy kind of fades.
You are thinking of Hardcore Ironman. Once you die, the status is reverted to a normal Ironman on OSRS.
Ultimate Ironman is simply no Banking. You can die as many times as you want. That is why on OSRS things like the Looting bag, Zulrah Priestess, the 60 minute Death timer, S.T.A.S.H. Units, and Poh storage have really changed the game mode. It is no longer no banking, it is just limited banking with some minor inconveniences. Ideally if we were to implement this game mode as it was originally intended, none of this stuff would be ingame. However, I guess that is up to the devs and the community.
I2aw origins wrote:Also, there should not be a way for UIM to use this as a faux bank account. The point of UIM is to not bank - this would essentially be banking for a period of time.
Exactly why this decision was made.
Mike wrote:We've eventually settled on making players keep on all items on death. No hassle trying to get back, no way to abuse it. It's a safe minigame in OSRS, I don't think people would be very happy if they noticed it's not a safe minigame in PkHonor.

For non-premium members, there will be a small charge of 15 PkHonor Points every time they want to go to the boss, thus introducing a minor "risk" factor (as in, when they die, they lose the fee).
Keep in mind, the boss does respawn on its own, without having to go back ashore first.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Thu May 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
I2aw origins wrote:Unless I'm thinking of something else, once you die as a UIM you become a regular ironman, so once people die, the relevancy kind of fades.
You are thinking of Hardcore Ironman. Once you die, the status is reverted to a normal Ironman on OSRS.
Ultimate Ironman is simply no Banking. You can die as many times as you want. That is why on OSRS things like the Looting bag, Zulrah Priestess, the 60 minute Death timer, S.T.A.S.H. Units, and Poh storage have really changed the game mode. It is no longer no banking, it is just limited banking with some minor inconveniences. Ideally if we were to implement this game mode as it was originally intended, none of this stuff would be ingame. However, I guess that is up to the devs and the community.
I2aw origins wrote:Also, there should not be a way for UIM to use this as a faux bank account. The point of UIM is to not bank - this would essentially be banking for a period of time.
Exactly why this decision was made.
Mike wrote:We've eventually settled on making players keep on all items on death. No hassle trying to get back, no way to abuse it. It's a safe minigame in OSRS, I don't think people would be very happy if they noticed it's not a safe minigame in PkHonor.

For non-premium members, there will be a small charge of 15 PkHonor Points every time they want to go to the boss, thus introducing a minor "risk" factor (as in, when they die, they lose the fee).
Keep in mind, the boss does respawn on its own, without having to go back ashore first.
jesus how did I miss that when I went through the thread lmao

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu May 18, 2017 11:52 pm

I2aw origins wrote:jesus how did I miss that when I went through the thread lmao
Well about 50% of the posts were nonsense. Easy to miss.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:40 am

Devoidfury wrote:It may take time to code this but I think it would be worth it.
WTF DO YOU MEAN?! This is already ingame... Stop gravedigging.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:09 am

Color x wrote:
Devoidfury wrote:It may take time to code this but I think it would be worth it.
RT

Iron jeremy
Premium Donator

Post by Iron jeremy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:52 pm

The builder wrote:
Color x wrote:
RT
Remember this guy was just spamming forums for his ''Merch Services'' ?

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Iron jeremy wrote:
The builder wrote:
Color x wrote: WTF DO YOU MEAN?! This is already ingame... Stop gravedigging.
RT
Remember this guy was just spamming forums for his ''Merch Services'' ?
Yeah he was spamming forums. Didn’t work out for him. Didn’t he get hacked?