PK'ing for Ironman Mode players

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Would you ever go PK'ing as Ironman Mode player?

Yes, but only if there was something to gain from it (so not the way it works now)
33%
Yes, I PK as Iron for the fun of it
3%
No, I would never PK as Iron
38%
I don't play Ironman Mode but i do think I would PK as one
12%
I don't play Ironman Mode and I don't think I would PK as one
14%

Total votes: 58

Iraq
Premium Donator

Re: PK'ing for Ironman Mode players

Post by Iraq » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 pm

No point to PK on an account that can't loot items lol

Pls live

Post by Pls live » Mon May 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Iraq wrote:No point to PK on an account that can't loot items lol
So read the entire post before making a post, yeah? okay.
Would never ever pk on an iron account.

Elloethere
Known Venturer

Post by Elloethere » Wed May 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Well for one thing, I wouldn't make an iron man, period. Secondly, like you said it would defeat the purpose of that game mode. It's just not worth trying to make it worth while, I think we need to set aside iron men Pking and Wild, and figure out how to make Wild more active as a whole.

The ironking
Premium Donator

Post by The ironking » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:16 am

Well there we have it, over half of the votes saying they would NEVER pk as an ironman. The requirement to get 500 kills in wildy results in ironman players resorting to sneaky, and boring scumbag tactics to get it, Replace it with a skilling and or bossing or combination of both that takes near that amount of time for comp requirement.

Regards :)

King four
Honor Player

Post by King four » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:32 pm

only reason id pk as an ironman is if it was for comp requirements or if there were some better rewards involved

Bookishhh
One Hit Wonder

Post by Bookishhh » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:51 am

Mike wrote:What I'd like to find out is exactly how many Ironman Mode players are into PvP. As in, going to the wilderness and seeking a fight with others. Risking gear by going PvM in deep wildy does not count as PvP for Irons in this case - that's simply PvM with risk (since regular players can get something out of killing you).

I know, there's nothing in PvP in the wilderness for irons, since they obviously can't get any loot. However, for the sake of argument, imagine they can get *something* out of it that makes it worth it (I know, it would defeat the purpose of the gamemode, but bear with me a second). Do you think you'd like to partake in PvP in the wild as Iron? Or only on a regular account?

Thank you!
I would definetely pk on my Iron man if there was a reason too besides comp cape. You should not get their items that is for sure. It should be something like you get random drops, say supplies. Kind of like how a mystery box works where you can get anything really. Just not super rare things. Stuff like... supplies that ironmen need or use. I'm not sure. Or maybe alch value of there gear. As Ironmen do need quite a bit of money for construction etc. But you'd have to prevent people from killing themselves to gain money on there ironman. It would need a good idea and refining but pking rewards for ironman would be amazing.

Keiler05
Premium Donator

Post by Keiler05 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 am

when are you guys going to realize that people don't enjoy pking as much as they did years ago? How many more things you gotta add to the wild? It still not bringing quality pkers... It's just a pker hunting an easy prey (ironman) that goes to pvm in the wildy... (at least that's what I do, pvm). Here is a wild Thought. Change the 500 kill req. Make us non attackable by normal players, meaning you have to be iron to attack another iron and not being pjable. There it is, bring on the hate.