Always stop attack on weapon switch

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Always attack on weapon switch (and remove option in ::settings)?

Yes, always stop attacking on weapon switch
26%
No, leave it as a toggle in ::settings, as it is now
74%

Total votes: 50

Rwter
Honor Player

Re: Always stop attack on weapon switch

Post by Rwter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:42 am

Stacking is fine now, but the freeze should come before the damage. As it stands the timing for damage is great but the freeze should occur almost instantly after a successful barrage. I.e. Ice barrage consists of two componenets, the freeze and damage. The former comes before the latter. Look at the start of this clip (https://youtu.be/JAI_8CLMt5Q) where the "you have been frozen message" appears. Thats the freeze component. And look at the time at which the damage actually occurs from the first barrage.

As for the results, it's not surprising since pvmers voted on an issue that affects them. Maybe disable the option upon entering the wilderness? It just negates the "switching quickly" element of bridding since you mo longer need to.

If these two changes are implemented then bridding here will be more or less similar to osrs, but that being said the stacking change is definitely a step in the right direction.

Perhaps you could just require a reclick on the barrage thing alone so that dhers etc are unaffected by it?

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:50 am

Kishan wrote:Stacking is fine now, but the freeze should come before the damage. As it stands the timing for damage is great but the freeze should occur almost instantly after a successful barrage. I.e. Ice barrage consists of two componenets, the freeze and damage. The former comes before the latter. Look at the start of this clip (https://youtu.be/JAI_8CLMt5Q) where the "you have been frozen message" appears. Thats the freeze component. And look at the time at which the damage actually occurs from the first barrage.

As for the results, it's not surprising since pvmers voted on an issue that affects them. Maybe disable the option upon entering the wilderness? It just negates the "switching quickly" element of bridding since you mo longer need to.

If these two changes are implemented then bridding here will be more or less similar to osrs, but that being said the stacking change is definitely a step in the right direction.

Perhaps you could just require a reclick on the barrage thing alone so that dhers etc are unaffected by it?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:47 pm

I mean we could remove all the unique aspects of Pkhonor wildy, but then I personally have no interest in pking on pkhonor when osscape has presets and is an osrs-like experience already.

I like the auto attack, it does a job you were going to do anyway. Spamming your opponent like you didn't intent on attacking him anyway in a 1v1 fight is dull.
#Justice4Church

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:29 pm

The underdog wrote:I mean we could remove all the unique aspects of Pkhonor wildy, but then I personally have no interest in pking on pkhonor when osscape has presets and is an osrs-like experience already.

I like the auto attack, it does a job you were going to do anyway. Spamming your opponent like you didn't intent on attacking him anyway in a 1v1 fight is dull.
Yeah but it messes up bridding. Idm it when veng pking but when bridding it takes out a lot of skill

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Generally I'd say that we shouldn't cater for the players that we have, but instead try and attract newer player. In this case I feel that this update would do more harm than good. It wouldn't lead to any increase in the number of new PKers joining the server and you can be certain that it would deter some of our current PKers away from the wilderness.

Keep it the way it is. It's not going to benefit the server in any way if we change it.

Yeah u
Wise One

Post by Yeah u » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Kishan wrote:Support 100%, this is detrimental when bridding especially when mage can hit 49s and you can't do anything to counter it (switch pray etc)
Tab pro
It just grows like that, and if you just happen to set it on fyah

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:22 pm

anyone voting no to this is just being selfish/lazy tbh

Nomad
Honor Player

Post by Nomad » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Why not allow it in normal world (which is what Id imagine most no voters are voting for) and disable it in the wildy?

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Hayden wrote:anyone voting no to this is just being selfish/lazy tbh

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Kishan wrote:
Hayden wrote:anyone voting no to this is just being selfish/lazy tbh
Its true. I voted no because i am often too lazy to reclick to attack. However after playing osrs for a while, I am just used to reclicking. There would probably be a bit of backlash from community, but they would get over it and learn to play the game how it was intended.