Small PkPoints bonus based on risked wealth?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Add bonus PkHonor Poinst based on risked wealth?

Yes, add it and make them give good bonuses
43%
Yes, add it and keep the bonus reasonable
30%
Yes, add it but keep the bonus really small
3%
Don't care either way
4%
Preferably not, but not too strong an opinion
1%
No, absolutely not
18%

Total votes: 67

Mike
Programmer

Small PkPoints bonus based on risked wealth?

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 am

A rather random idea from a player I had briefly spoken to today, but since it would be literally 2 lines of code, it's really easy to add this system if we'd want it.

Rather simple: for every 1B of wealth you risk (based on ::prices), whoever kills you gets a small number of PkHonor Points as bonus. Maybe 5 per 1B? Maybe 10? Maybe just 1 or 0.1? Specifics can be voted upon, but we want to know if the community is behind the idea. I don't think the slight inaccuracy of ::prices would be a problem at all.

On that note, it is true that in the past 2 years, we've mostly added new sources of PkHonor Points to be gained, with the leaderboards, weekend events (although those are relatively short), some others as well as other - new - bonuses we'd want to introduce. The actual contents of the PkHonor Points shop have however remained largely unchanged.

With the addition of all of the latest OSRS content, I believe it would be a good time to add some items to our shops. For example Saradomin's tear - to make a Saradomin's Blessed sword - could be an expensive Bounty Hunter shop item, while some of the new items (including some cosmetics) could be added to the PkHonor Point shop (several new items would be added to other aspects of the game of course, such as PVM). With the new items, the extra bonus gains of PkHonor Points shouldn't affect prices on current items too much.

Any input is welcome, if you're against it, please share your thoughts and reasoning for it - proper argumentation in favor of or against this idea is more important than plain voting (at least the election taught us something in that regard).

Triadical
Novice

Re: Small PkPoints bonus based on risked wealth?

Post by Triadical » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:35 am

I don't know mate, Do you want it?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:36 am

Triadical wrote:I don't know mate, Do you want it?
I'm certainly willing to consider the idea, but it'll be up to the community to help me make up my mind about it ;) as is the same with pretty much every PkHonor update.

Triadical
Novice

Post by Triadical » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:37 am

Mike wrote:
Triadical wrote:I don't know mate, Do you want it?
I'm certainly willing to consider the idea, but it'll be up to the community to help me make up my mind about it ;) as is the same with pretty much every PkHonor update.
Fair enough, Impressed

I'll be sure to vote

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:04 am

Wouldn't hurt tbh, but wouldn't really be too great either considering people that care about PKP won't be the ones PKing people for 1B risk

Unless it was like 200 per 1B which'd be quite nice.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:09 am

Stop right there.

Don't get me wrong but...

We get these overpowered rewards from the bounty hunter leaderboard, up to hundreds of Pkp per kill of even a naked guy doing his clue.

Also get a fair Pkp amount if we kill them without leaderboard bonus and now we're polling to add a measly 10 Pkp to a kill of 1b.

What I really want is to remove death from taking Pkp after your kill of a person in gear that's just as strong as nex equipment with chaotics, korasi and whatnot.
Or when you even get a kill of somebody in actual nex equipment and it takes away half of the Pkp leaving you with 500Pkp (500m at best) for 15b equipment.

I've suggested making it more attractive to kill a person in the best gear who's dominating the wilderness. But 10Pkp isn't going tulo cut it.

For example you want to take down a person with 5b risk, you buy some medium gear worth 300m. Buy some barrow gloves for 70PKP and use your chaotic to even have a chance of killing the enemy.
Too bad, you died, you lost 70Pkp gloves and 150Pkp/m chaotic charge upon 300m gear. While if you killed your enemy for bandos and Ely (ex.) you get 50Pkp.

Or if the enemy is in full vesta/statiuss/zuriels/virtus/torva/has rapier/korasi/etc your loot gets already nerfed by the fact it turns to plain Pkp worth only a percentage of the initial shop value and then this scumbag death comes along and snitches half of it too.

Same goes for zeros godsword, cw armour, brawlers and whatnot being totally unfair and unbalanced towards people who aren't maxed and rich...
Last edited by The underdog on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
#Justice4Church

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:12 am

This is pointless unless the death mechanic is removed, or nerfed dramatically.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:13 am

^^^^

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:39 am

This will do nothing but give "seasoned" PKers access to even more vestas and chaotics. You should be working on the bottom end of PKing rather than the top.

I wouldn't mind the update if vestas price was increased by 25% or so. The gear is overpowered, requires absolutely no skill and just stomps on anyone that is even remotely outgeared.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:27 pm

So...what happens when I let my friend kill me while I have a 1t stack in my inv...?