'Escape' brings you to the logout screen?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should the 'ESC' key take you the the logout screen?

Yes, leave that future in
42%
No, please remove that feature
47%
I don't care
11%

Total votes: 36

Mike
Programmer

'Escape' brings you to the logout screen?

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:37 am

In one of our most recent updates, I had made it so that pressing the 'Escape' key would close any prompts/dialogs (in your chatbox) or close any open interfaces you have, like your bank,
a shop or the GE.

Lastly, if no interfaces are open at all, pressing 'ESC' brings you to the logout screen. It was a feature I had seen elsewhere and thought this would be intended behavior.

However, not everyone seems to be in favor of the escape key bringing them to the logout screen, so I've set up a poll to decide once and for all whether this will remain a feature or not (if it's tied, I'll make it a setting for it in the settings menu).

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Re: 'Escape' brings you to the logout screen?

Post by Im on meth » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:39 am

Just close out of any interfaces and delete anything you have typed please.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:47 am

I preferred it when it just deleted you chatbox bc it was quite useful but if people like the notion of it showing the logout screen then sure

Floriduh
Premium Donator

Post by Floriduh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:27 am

Kishan wrote:I preferred it when it just deleted you chatbox bc it was quite useful but if people like the notion of it showing the logout screen then sure
Signature courtesy of Retsnom

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:46 pm

People will click on esc once too often a lot and if that logs you out, it would be annoying as hell.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Sverre wrote:People will click on esc once too often a lot and if that logs you out, it would be annoying as hell.
Not log out, just bring up log out screen. You still have to actually click log out.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Amount wrote:
Sverre wrote:People will click on esc once too often a lot and if that logs you out, it would be annoying as hell.
Not log out, just bring up log out screen. You still have to actually click log out.

^ this

Since the poll is tied so far, I guess I might make it an option - easy enough to do. Now the question is what the default should be.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Mike wrote:
Amount wrote:

^ this

Since the poll is tied so far, I guess I might make it an option - easy enough to do. Now the question is what the default should be.
tbh only time it's a problem is when i'm bridding and i press esc to get rid of what i was saying but the logout screen ruins my switches since it changes the prayer/inv tab that i was on.

just leave the default as how it was before and let people decide if they want the esc key to bring up the log in screen

Cat
Wise One

Post by Cat » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:05 am

I think making a setting in ::settings would be great. I personally like to use escape to get to the logout interface. Having it as a toggle option should be completely harmless and those who don't like it could simply turn it off and the problem is solved. I can see how it can be a problem like Kishan said or performing other tasks if you clicked escaped by mistake and it look you from your inventory to the logout interface it could be crucial causing you to not eat in a critical situation because you have to navigate back to your inventory etc. This could be resolved by toggling it off in settings.

Penguino
Donator

Post by Penguino » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:44 pm

If you add a warning screen that pops up on a gui when you click logout (or in this escape) then you'd have to hit yes or no on if you want to log out, then it'd be a good addition. Otherwise pressing escape just puts the logout option tab open instead of whatever you were on (inv, equipment, etc).