Changing how LootShare Points work

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should LootShare Points give a higher chance instead of guaranteed drop?

Yes, make it a chance, scaling with your LSP
37%
No, leave it as it is - guaranteed drop for most LSP
63%

Total votes: 43

Alex
Premium Donator

Re: Changing how LootShare Points work

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:36 pm

I'd love the change personally, even though I'm no longer in a clan. This used to be a pain in the ass when a clan member came in with 500m+ lsp they'd get everything then just leave.

Cat
Wise One

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Pizzaroll94 wrote:I'd love the change personally, even though I'm no longer in a clan. This used to be a pain in the ass when a clan member came in with 500m+ lsp they'd get everything then just leave.
I completely agree, I think if this was implemented it would be for the better. I'm not much of a PVMer but when I am out and about bossing I've ran into this same scenario multiple times leaving me with drops like coins or something not even worth picking up.

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Indeed, it is "fine" as it is...

But why not make it more fair? Don't see how it could hurt anything.

Support.

Skillz2killz
Rookie

Post by Skillz2killz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:01 pm

i like it how it is

Jazza
Premium Donator

Post by Jazza » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:16 am

I think both are good in their own respect.

I have personally fought bosses for a while didnt receive a drop because nothing good was being dropped and as such the LSP doesn't change enough for someone else to be highest.

However in saying that when a rare drop comes, the highest LSP ranking player usually shifts.

The only thing this will deter is individuals finding out their clan is killing a boss and runs in with high LSP gets a drop and leaves, which I feel if you were in a decent clan that individual would be kicked pretty quickly for such actions.

Therefore I think it should stay as it is as there arnt to many issues with the current system.

One option could be to trial the new % based drop system for a week or so and gain feedback from the community?

Opulent
Honor Player

Post by Opulent » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:13 am

One issue with the current system has always been the fact when a clan member has missed a a big drop, say a torva piece, and then obviously receives massive lsp because of it.

Then the said member joins another clan event, say dagannoth kings, with his 1b lsp while the others most usually have between -20m and 20m lsp. The guy with 1b sits there getting every single drop for quite some time, while others are doing the work.

Therefore support.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:17 pm

Pf13 wrote:One issue with the current system has always been the fact when a clan member has missed a a big drop, say a torva piece, and then obviously receives massive lsp because of it.

Then the said member joins another clan event, say dagannoth kings, with his 1b lsp while the others most usually have between -20m and 20m lsp. The guy with 1b sits there getting every single drop for quite some time, while others are doing the work.

Therefore support.
And also, when someone receives a torva piece, he will stop pvming in a clan and just wait a few days till his huge minus lsp is gone again. Now he has hopes he gets a loot again. But can you imagine that someone gets a torva piece, keeps pvming and then with some luck he gets the next nex piece as well. As the second person I would feel bsed.
I don't think it's a question if we should change the system. The idea is good. The only thing that has to be determined is a good system. You don't want to discourage people that have lower lsp so they should still be able to get stuff but you don't want it to be too high because then it doesn't matter anymore if someone has high lsp. Balancing is the key

Opulent
Honor Player

Post by Opulent » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:19 am

Sverre wrote:
Pf13 wrote:One issue with the current system has always been the fact when a clan member has missed a a big drop, say a torva piece, and then obviously receives massive lsp because of it.

Therefore support.
And also, when someone receives a torva piece, he will stop pvming in a clan and just wait a few days till his huge minus lsp is gone again. Now he has hopes he gets a loot again. But can you imagine that someone gets a torva piece, keeps pvming and then with some luck he gets the next nex piece as well. As the second person I would feel bsed.
I don't think it's a question if we should change the system. The idea is good. The only thing that has to be determined is a good system. You don't want to discourage people that have lower lsp so they should still be able to get stuff but you don't want it to be too high because then it doesn't matter anymore if someone has high lsp. Balancing is the key
The gap between a high end drop and a more "regular" drop is too high, you're right. I believe rebalancing is mostly required with the more expensive loots tho, but I also think the majority of this issue circulates around gwd nonetheless. Corp for example is fine imo.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Fun thought: keep the current system, but make it so that killing players in pvp can give lootshare, so people want to pk a bit in order to get their lsp back up after a drop.

Brings people back to pking when they're just done well at pvm

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:24 pm

why do things like this, who literally no one complains about, get a poll, meanwhile there's 50+ suggestions about the wilderness that get ignored for years =-\\\\\\\