Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade items away?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade any items?

No, not at all (how it currently is)
51%
Yes, except of course for the ironman-only high/elite clue casket items
49%

Total votes: 73

Mike
Programmer

Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade items away?

Post by Mike » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:07 pm

So, until yesterday's update, Ironman Mode players were able to droptrade any items to other (non-Ironman) players, including the high/elite clue casket items only they had access to. That was obviously not how it was meant to happen, so I had released an update to make sure Ironman mode players could not trade or droptrade any items to other players.

However, I didn't really have a problem with Ironman Mode players being able to trade away their items, because we'll soon allow them to reverse to regular status anyway since they'll be able to trade their items away anyway, except for the special items (basically the donator shop, vote shop and bounty hunter shop items), so we're only reversing the trades on those 'special' items.

However, since yesterday's update, whenever an Ironman Mode players loses items in the wilderness, other players can't pick them up either - they simply disappear (and I've received a few complaints about this), but that's also how I had intended it to work in the first place.

Now we basically need to decide the following: should we allow Ironman Mode players to trade or droptrade (including by being killed in the wilderness) to other non-Ironman players, or not? Obviously, the high/elite clue casket items that only Ironman Mode players have access to wouldn't be tradeable.

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade items away?

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 pm

No. I believe the old system was that if you get killed as an ironman, all items that are worth more than 500m go to refund box. Your killer gets a part of that as cash and the ironman has to pay the same to retreive the item back? That's exactly how it should be imo.
Reverting your ironman to a normal account will be a one-time transaction, whereas making them able to trade away their items would mean the ability to have transactions more often.
If we would be able to do this I predict people using their ironmans to make money on their mains, because they have their instanced rooms. That's not what it was created for. Leaving as it was (as I described) seems good to me.
Last edited by Ruler on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:36 pm

You make an excellent point about the iron man instances, I hadn't considered those yet.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Rapsey wrote:You make an excellent point about the iron man instances, I hadn't considered those yet.
Ofcourse people are able to this already (with the old system) for some things. For example, from kalphite queen all loots will be under 500m (for example dagonhai pieces). But at least you prevent people to transfer things like bandos, divines, hasta etc.
Another option could be that everything goes to the refund box of the ironman if you kill him and that all items are turned into coins. Make it say 80% of the junk store price so there is no way people can abuse the system. You will not be able to transfer anything, but pkers will still have a reason to kill an ironman because they still get a reward.

Rimweed
Premium Donator

Post by Rimweed » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Basically what Sverre said. It would be way easier to make money on an iron man account who has instances rather than getting the money on your main account. Normal players have to struggle to not be crashed by other players, whereas iron men can without any interruptions continuously kill the same NPC and just drop trade the wealth to his main account. That would only make iron men a money making men.
Last edited by Rimweed on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Rapsey wrote:You make an excellent point about the iron man instances, I hadn't considered those yet.
Not only that, don't Iron Man players also have better drop rates?

Definitely don't allow them to (drop)trade.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Amount wrote:
Not only that, don't Iron Man players also have better drop rates?

Definitely don't allow them to (drop)trade.
No they don't. bad helper
If you are still not convinced, another problem with the instanced abuse will be events. You will not be able to let ironman participate in pvm events (like 20% better drops at corp) if they can get to their instance rooms and participate without having to compete with other people and let them transfer items to their mains afterwards. Again, using a different system so they can't transfer will prevent this.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:58 pm

As long as you limit it per ip why can't you get things from an iron man that you killed?

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Azu rite wrote:As long as you limit it per ip why can't you get things from an iron man that you killed?
What would limiting per ip do? That's just make it a bit harder to transfer but still way to easy.

Hey Brad, I've got a divine on my ironman and I need it on my main, can you come kill me and trade it to Ruler? Thanks bud!

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Sverre wrote: Hey Brad, I've got a divine on my ironman and I need it on my main, can you come kill me and trade it to Ruler? Thanks bud!
Your friendly neighbourhood Helper to the rescue.