Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade items away?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade any items?

No, not at all (how it currently is)
51%
Yes, except of course for the ironman-only high/elite clue casket items
49%

Total votes: 73

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: Allow Ironman Mode players to (drop)trade items away?

Post by Azu rite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Sverre wrote:
Azu rite wrote:As long as you limit it per ip why can't you get things from an iron man that you killed?
What would limiting per ip do? That's just make it a bit harder to transfer but still way to easy.

Hey Brad, I've got a divine on my ironman and I need it on my main, can you come kill me and trade it to Ruler? Thanks bud!
Did I say it was fool proof? No, but making it harder is the damn point...
If people are going to the wilderness and getting killed they should lose their items outside the ones they protect, and the killer should be rewarded

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Azu rite wrote:
Sverre wrote:
Azu rite wrote:As long as you limit it per ip why can't you get things from an iron man that you killed?
What would limiting per ip do? That's just make it a bit harder to transfer but still way to easy.

Hey Brad, I've got a divine on my ironman and I need it on my main, can you come kill me and trade it to Ruler? Thanks bud!
Did I say it was fool proof? No, but making it harder is the damn point...
If people are going to the wilderness and getting killed they should lose their items outside the ones they protect, and the killer should be rewarded
Yeah that's true. That you can avoid it easily doesn't mean you shouldn't do that. But the point is that it's still easy to transfer items, even with an ip limitation. You don't think it is a problem if people are able to transfer, I do. That's why I would prefer a system we had or a system like I suggested.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Yes it's a problem, obviously. But any and all limitations should be thought out, I'm not saying anyone is wrong here, we just have to be cautious without being overly cautious...

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:06 pm

I don't think it's worth the trade-off tbh. If it's that easy to get around my experience tells me people will do it all the time, so you're effectively trading "rewards for killing an iron man" for "having half the server farm wealth on iron man for easier PvM and vastly accelerated depreciation of rares". Not only that but if we do punish the people who do it (I'm sure staff will welcome the extra cases) we'll just be taking yet another step towards being a server that's all about rules and punishments. IMO any solution is better than one that's only there for show. We shouldn't create rules that tempt people to break them because it's so easy to.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 pm

I'll admit it.

I used my ironman to afk risky barrows, then drop trade the loot to my main for pking.

Don't see a issue with it to be honest.

Rimweed
Premium Donator

Post by Rimweed » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Blahblahdie wrote:I'll admit it.

I used my ironman to afk risky barrows, then drop trade the loot to my main for pking.

Afk with your main at riskys versus afk with iron man at riskys. Not a lot of wealth involved but the difference is clear. Main account can be crashed by others whereas iron man can't get crashed and can afk as long as he want to. Now if you would compare the total loot I'm sure it would make some what of a difference.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Im amber wrote:

Afk with your main at riskys versus afk with iron man at riskys. Not a lot of wealth involved but the difference is clear. Main account can be crashed by others whereas iron man can't get crashed and can afk as long as he want to. Now if you would compare the total loot I'm sure it would make some what of a difference.
Just because it's instanced, doesn't mean it's not going to enter the economy in any shape or form. If I go pking in it on a ironman, I'm still losing it if I die. I never said I'm farming it on ironman as well, a few pieces dropped here and there.

Not to mention, I'm not afking it with no effort or loss, it costs me time and supplies upon doing so.

Rimweed
Premium Donator

Post by Rimweed » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Blahblahdie wrote:
Im amber wrote:

Just because it's instanced, doesn't mean it's not going to enter the economy in any shape or form. If I go pking in it on a ironman, I'm still losing it if I die. I never said I'm farming it on ironman as well, a few pieces dropped here and there.

Not to mention, I'm not afking it with no effort or loss, it costs me time and supplies upon doing so.
Yeah I completely understand that but the thing is, the speed of obtaining those few items. My point is not that iron man wouldn't affect the economics if they wouldn't be able to drop trade, my point is that if you use an iron man to obtain those items, it would be much easier because no one would interrupt said iron man whereas normal players will always have the risk of being interrupted by other players.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:49 pm

I understand that, and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. I posted that statement as an example of something that is capable of happening from the current way that it is.
To myself, (who rarely plays) I don't have an issue with it.

There's so many ways and points to argue over how beneficial this would be torward the eco, and pking aspect.
Wouldn't effect the pvmers (current state), but could also be seen as a positive if we tweak the alch price a bit.

Same scenario could be used torward a lot of the things being drop traded.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:11 am

Blahblahdie wrote:I understand that, and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. I posted that statement as an example of something that is capable of happening from the current way that it is.
To myself, (who rarely plays) I don't have an issue with it.

There's so many ways and points to argue over how beneficial this would be torward the eco, and pking aspect.
Wouldn't effect the pvmers (current state), but could also be seen as a positive if we tweak the alch price a bit.

Same scenario could be used torward a lot of the things being drop traded.
It's why I mentioned that barrows etc is fine. PKing would be grest if newer players could afford gear and the price of whips etc was reduced. However droptrading customs is a different issue since they were added to the elite droptable specifically for ironmen, whilst both ironmen and mains find it equally easy to obtain the elites.