Let's do some fun stuff in the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should be released first?

Automated PK'ing tournaments
46%
Deep wildy drop party
23%
PK'ing scoreboards
31%

Total votes: 13

Mike
Programmer

Let's do some fun stuff in the wilderness

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:38 am

So, the next 3 main things I want to be working on in the next few weeks:

> Automated wilderness tournaments, players enter the tournament by talking to an NPC and when there are enough participants, they are randomly paired against each other. The winners get to fight each other, until there are a 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st winner. First winner could get something like one or more elite caskets, the others get smaller prizes

> Not so often as PK'ing tournaments, but I'd still like to do one every now and then: automated deep wilderness drop party, where balloons fall from the sky and people can pop them for rewards (rewards vary from items worth 100K to things like elite casket and mbox). However, you need to risk at least 10M in order to be able to pop the balloons (so you need at least 5 items worth 10M - 2 if you're skulled).

> PK'ing scoreboard at Edgeville showing who got the most kills, highest bounty hunter emblems etc for the past 7 days. People who are ranked higher on the scoreboard could receive additional bonuses while PK'ing such as the possibility to get +2 emblem levels instead of +1, a chance at clue scroll drops, higher artifact droprates or simply more PKpoints on kills

I'm sure most of you would like to have these added, the main question is in which order you think they should be added. Let me know!

Simon
Honor Player

Re: Let's do some fun stuff in the wilderness

Post by Simon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 am

Could we get career bounty hunter kills tracked, or is it too late for that?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:41 am

Simon wrote:Could we get career bounty hunter kills tracked, or is it too late for that?
It's definitely a possibility I'm willing to consider, but I'm afraid we haven't tracked those yet, so everyone would have to start from 0 when we would add it.

Tail spin

Post by Tail spin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:41 am

How would the automated tournaments work? I'm going to assume it would be like the lottery. With that being said what happens if one or more players are not online at the beginning of the tourney?
Being able to have multiple teirs of emblems at the same time would really help bounty hunter

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 am

Tail spin wrote:How would the automated tournaments work? I'm going to assume it would be like the lottery. With that being said what happens if one or more players are not online at the beginning of the tourney?
Similar to the lottery yes, but logging out would simply immediately disqualify you. I don't think I would add a price to enter, so anyone could participate and there's no penalty for dodging. I don't think offline players would be a problem really, although if someone who's got to second place dodges, there would be no final fight and no 1st winner.
I'd make sure to add a small timeout though so DC'ing would only disqualify you after a minute or so, if you log back in within that time, you can still keep playing as if nothing happened.

It wouldn't be too big either - like when 16 or so players participate, every round starts and is over when all fights are over or when at least 15 minutes have passed. Players can still join in within 10 minutes of the first round so there can be more fights.

I think when it's organized this way, it should work properly and without a hitch.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:19 am

I like the ideas, but it might come down to prodding 101 like some people do for like Bh weekend.

You should incorporate this into Osrs wild, it's become dead content basically, would be nice to see it become 'something' again.

Possible rewards could be simple as like what you stated, or even like; 500pks/Free PKP item set (corrupt oobviously, morrigans, zuriels, Vesta etc).

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:20 am

Why don't we actually fix Pking before we start adding new shit to it. Adding Wilderness updates without fixing the core mechanics isn't and hasn't helped the wilderness activity as we have seen.

Tail spin

Post by Tail spin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:23 am

Blahblahdie wrote:I like the ideas, but it might come down to prodding 101 like some people do for like Bh weekend.

You should incorporate this into Osrs wild, it's become dead content basically, would be nice to see it become 'something' again.

Possible rewards could be simple as like what you stated, or even like; 500pks/Free PKP item set (corrupt oobviously, morrigans, zuriels, Vesta etc).
That would be interesting and would breathe new life into old dead content

Edit: would this be an option?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:57 am

Ain wrote:Why don't we actually fix Pking before we start adding new shit to it. Adding Wilderness updates without fixing the core mechanics isn't and hasn't helped the wilderness activity as we have seen.
Always love me a good constructive, suggestive and helpful comment :badjokeeel:

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:03 am

Mike wrote:
Ain wrote:Why don't we actually fix Pking before we start adding new shit to it. Adding Wilderness updates without fixing the core mechanics isn't and hasn't helped the wilderness activity as we have seen.
Always love me a good constructive, suggestive and helpful comment :badjokeeel:
Well, to expand on his post, people have been asking for pathing to be fixed for ages