Let's do some fun stuff in the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should be released first?

Automated PK'ing tournaments
46%
Deep wildy drop party
23%
PK'ing scoreboards
31%

Total votes: 13

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Re: Let's do some fun stuff in the wilderness

Post by Grizzly mint » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am

pathing and freeze timers.. on a perfect freeze, with a perfect switch, you only get 3 hits before there running again.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Mike wrote:
Ain wrote:Why don't we actually fix Pking before we start adding new shit to it. Adding Wilderness updates without fixing the core mechanics isn't and hasn't helped the wilderness activity as we have seen.
Always love me a good constructive, suggestive and helpful comment :badjokeeel:
Well you see Mike when players, including myself, have been suggesting fixes to the wilderness for what has been literal years now without even a hint that you've even read the posts; players start to think you are simply ignoring the more important mechanics.

Players have asked for years now for pathing to be fixed, for switching to be fine tuned, for freezing to be fine tuned, for dharok to be adjusted in the way we think is best (instead of the strange ways you always nerf/buff it), etc.

So yea, I feel that I didn't need to actually post the specifics seeing as we have been providing constructive suggestions on the core mechanics for years now without a hint of respite.

Tail spin

Post by Tail spin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Ain wrote:
Mike wrote:
Ain wrote:Why don't we actually fix Pking before we start adding new shit to it. Adding Wilderness updates without fixing the core mechanics isn't and hasn't helped the wilderness activity as we have seen.
Always love me a good constructive, suggestive and helpful comment :badjokeeel:
Well you see Mike when players, including myself, have been suggesting fixes to the wilderness for what has been literal years now without even a hint that you've even read the posts; players start to think you are simply ignoring the more important mechanics.

Players have asked for years now for pathing to be fixed, for switching to be fine tuned, for freezing to be fine tuned, for dharok to be adjusted in the way we think is best (instead of the strange ways you always nerf/buff it), etc.

So yea, I feel that I didn't need to actually post the specifics seeing as we have been providing constructive suggestions on the core mechanics for years now without a hint of respite.
I'm fairness switching was adjusted and is a lot smoother than it was before.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Ain wrote: Well you see Mike when players, including myself, have been suggesting fixes to the wilderness for what has been literal years now without even a hint that you've even read the posts; players start to think you are simply ignoring the more important mechanics.
Ain wrote: Players have asked for years now for pathing to be fixed
Near impossible technical challenge, as you well know. Also, did you ever look at this? viewtopic.php?f=93&t=52134
Ain wrote: , for switching to be fine tuned,
Fixed months ago?
Ain wrote: for freezing to be fine tuned
Also fixed months ago?
Ain wrote: for dharok to be adjusted in the way we think is best (instead of the strange ways you always nerf/buff it), etc.
Nobody has ever suggested any useful comments on how to improve Dharoks, except "make it work differently from literally every single other piece of equipment in the game by buffing it - somehow. But keep the stats the same". I have yet to hear any actual workable improvements on it.

TL;DR: stop spewing bile all over my forums because you're unhappy with whatever is going on in your life. I'm doing the best I can and I'm listening to the community and Game Quality Committee their suggestions and preferences. So could you kindly shut up and stop complaining like it's the end of the world? Now you're just making up problems where there are none, and I don't need someone to be whining over every minor thing and start getting all toxic, because nobody has any use for it.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Just throwing it out there , Mike, if you're listening to the Gqc or whatever, then why is there like a comment on every thread you post from one of the members stating that you should involve updates around what they're saying, or complaining you ddon't listen to them.

Not saying this to be a dick, just observations and curiosity.

Only time I see something fixed or updated, is when Simon makes a fuss about it.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Mike wrote:
Ain wrote: for dharok to be adjusted in the way we think is best (instead of the strange ways you always nerf/buff it), etc.
Nobody has ever suggested any useful comments on how to improve Dharoks, except "make it work differently from literally every single other piece of equipment in the game by buffing it - somehow. But keep the stats the same". I have yet to hear any actual workable improvements on it.
I guess it depends on what you consider useful but viewtopic.php?f=73&t=53556

And out of curiosity, why is fixing pathing near impossible? I know it's shit on most servers but there definitely are some that it works 'properly' on