Events for ironman mode players

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should ironman mode players be allowed to participate in events?

Yes, let them participate in all events
65%
Yes, but not all events (state below which ones you think should be left out)
23%
Yes, but very limited and only for a few things (which?)
No votes
No, not at all
13%

Total votes: 40

Simon
Honor Player

Re: Events for ironman mode players

Post by Simon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:43 am

Death purity wrote:Let there only be one instance for all ironman to pvm together just not with Normal players. No loot share tho.
Do you even understand how ironman mode works lol

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:22 am

Sure why not? Ironman mode is about playing single-player so having xp events, extra rewards, etc really doesn't matter as each individual ironman player can choose if they want to actually participate in the event.

Make each event an instance for each individual ironman like it is for most bosses now.
Last edited by Ain on Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The iron cow
Premium Donator

Post by The iron cow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:40 am

Quasimoto wrote: One thing I'd suggest to combat this is instead of all ironmen getting their own instance for bosses, making all iron go to their own instance so you still have to compete in PvM - keep no lootshare though

Also support to events
So to crash somebody I have to walk into a room, hit the boss once and neither of us get the loot. +1 for future toxicity with this plan.

Edit to comment on the actual topic of the post, Ironman mode is about being a singleplayer and adding difficulty to the game where it doesn't exist otherwise. This would partially negate that effect.
In-Game Name: The Iron Cow

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:54 am

The iron cow wrote:
Quasimoto wrote: One thing I'd suggest to combat this is instead of all ironmen getting their own instance for bosses, making all iron go to their own instance so you still have to compete in PvM - keep no lootshare though

Also support to events
So to crash somebody I have to walk into a room, hit the boss once and neither of us get the loot. +1 for future toxicity with this plan.

Edit to comment on the actual topic of the post, Ironman mode is about being a singleplayer and adding difficulty to the game where it doesn't exist otherwise. This would partially negate that effect.
Forgot to mention that that would be removed if that were implemented.

The iron cow
Premium Donator

Post by The iron cow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:24 am

Quasimoto wrote: Forgot to mention that that would be removed if that were implemented.
If we can boss together we should be able to trade each other to split loots. And if we want to split loots we'll need to be able to use the GE. /s

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:24 am

Let them participate in like Mini-games and PvM

Not so sure about xp

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:57 am

The iron cow wrote:
Quasimoto wrote: Forgot to mention that that would be removed if that were implemented.
If we can boss together we should be able to trade each other to split loots. And if we want to split loots we'll need to be able to use the GE. /s

This would just be making a new Eco for a small amount of players?

Iron thrash
Premium Donator

Post by Iron thrash » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:15 am

Death purity wrote:Let there only be one instance for all ironman to pvm together just not with Normal players. No loot share tho.
No way, guys without max couldn't keep up and couldn't grind money for better gear. It wouldn't be fair.
Support on events though!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Looks like 2/3rd majority is in favor of allowing to participate in events, so I guess we can make that a reality.

I guess the only question that really remains then, is whether they should also be able to participate in +50%/double XP events: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=54233

Not happening, sorry. Ironman mode is still about doing everything on your own. Which means you cannot get any help from either regular players or other Ironman Mode players. Competing with other Ironman mode players is completely besides the point of the mode.

The iron cow
Premium Donator

Post by The iron cow » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:25 am

Ely pure wrote:

This would just be making a new Eco for a small amount of players?
The /s in my reply is a shorthand for "sarcasm" and is used on Reddit, guess I should use Kappa as that's more clearly recognized.