Honors & the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should honors be able to use ::xteleto to players in the wild?

Yes
26%
No, not at all, and don't compensate for the loss of power in honors
42%
No, but give honors something in return (suggestions please?)
31%

Total votes: 121

Mike
Programmer

Honors & the wilderness

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:40 am

So some people complain about honors being able to teleport to other people in the wilderness, because a person or clan can easily find someone they're looking for by using an honor. So the question is on the table: do we allow honor players to use ::xteleto to teleport to other players in the wilderness, or not?

Personally, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but if we would take something away from honors, then we'd have to add something new for honors that makes them equally 'wanted' (albeit in a different way). The last time we made a change to honors, we nerfed their stats while in the normal world, and it caused quite an uproar of players who were dissatisfied with their current honor, because using it to assist them in PVM was the primary reason they bought the honor in the first place. I'm quite certain the same thing could be said about teleporting to other players in the wilderness: some players may have bought their honor for that sole purpose and would not at all be satisfied with having it taken from them.

In the end, the community decides, but first and foremost I want to work out a solution that pretty much everyone can agree with (on some level).

The underdog
Premium Donator

Re: Honors & the wilderness

Post by The underdog » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:48 am

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=52397

If you don't agree also state why please.
@Mike thanks for listening :)

I bought my honor for the sole purpose of scouting in the wilderness, but only because I was getting scouted myself so I needed it too but there's no more than 10 people who use it mainly for scouting. It's still useful for other purposes so you can sell it for about the same as you bought it for.

I just think the feeling about the wilderness will be improved by a lot then so be it that honor value drops with about 1b, it's merched up a bit atm too. And even if there's 10 people who will sell their honor because of this then the price will barely change.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:15 am

There's also the problem when doing a Hide n Seek.
The best fix for this problem is a setting which allows YOU to choose whether you want an honor to tele to you or not

When you're going on a deep pking trip and you toggle it on you won't get scouted. And when doing a hns you can't be scouted either.

Staff should still be able to teleport of course.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:32 am

Motti wrote:There's also the problem when doing a Hide n Seek.
The best fix for this problem is a setting which allows YOU to choose whether you want an honor to tele to you or not

When you're going on a deep pking trip and you toggle it on you won't get scouted. And when doing a hns you can't be scouted either.

Staff should still be able to teleport of course.
Exactly.
You know, you could remove the stat reduction entirely/partly to compensate. But I wouldnt mind.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:54 am

Disable honors from checking banks or being tele'd to unless they're on FL

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:06 am

Humb gre wrote:Disable honors from checking banks or being tele'd to unless they're on FL
Believe it or not, a lot of people use honor for the sole fact that they like gawking at banks.

I don't see that much of an issue with it.

Ot; Make it so when honors want to tele to someone in the wild, the person gets a simple uncomplicated message, sort of like the ::private feature. Would eliminate scouting if they don't accept it, cause well, then the honor cannot tell to them. Why is this better than the FL feature people are talking about?
Well, a few things;
-Playing as long as I have, I've maxed out my FL. Having to remove people just to add new friends honors is a bit tedious
- Honor accounts come and go, so removing people just to add a honor so they can tele to me etc, is quite irritating also. So on and so forth.

Just add something like " Mike (honor) wishes to tele to you . Type " ::Yes" to accept.

If you don't reply to it, then they cannot tele to you.
Command would only work in wild, obviously.

Edit:: And in return as compensation to honors, allow it so that they're allowed normal stats on unmorph world, only on weekends. Nothing seriously damaging, encourages group pvming, or even soloing, and gives people with honor the incentive to grind both Saturday and Sunday. More players on, more player count, attract and intrigue new players possibly.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:17 am

^^good shout, yeah my idea was poorly thought out looking back at it.

Brasil owns
Premium Donator

Post by Brasil owns » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:33 am

Blahblahdie wrote: Believe it or not, a lot of people use honor for the sole fact that they like gawking at banks.

I don't see that much of an issue with it.

Ot; Make it so when honors want to tele to someone in the wild, the person gets a simple uncomplicated message, sort of like the ::private feature. Would eliminate scouting if they don't accept it, cause well, then the honor cannot tell to them. Why is this better than the FL feature people are talking about?
Well, a few things;
-Playing as long as I have, I've maxed out my FL. Having to remove people just to add new friends honors is a bit tedious
- Honor accounts come and go, so removing people just to add a honor so they can tele to me etc, is quite irritating also. So on and so forth.

Just add something like " Mike (honor) wishes to tele to you . Type " ::Yes" to accept.

If you don't reply to it, then they cannot tele to you.
Command would only work in wild, obviously.

this. but I think honor stats are so nerfed, make it be normal (99 combat stats) atleast on morph world...

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:03 am

Remove the ability to teleport to people in the wild. You can still scout by writing down popular places that people go in the wilderness and use the ::tele command, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, that's how the scouting should be done (also there's no sense in removing it because someone could make different accounts that just sit at these spots, log in on them 1 by 1 to check each spot)

I like Brandon's idea of non-nerfed stats on weekends, but I also think that a compensation buff would be to make the default reduction rate less than 30%. Maybe 20 or 15.

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:22 am

Patel got me interested in it. I would be OK with the restriction on the condition that ::gfx gets added.

Honor promises admin power, of course we can ::e ::p and what not but ever since being delighted and panicked by corporeal beasts magic spell splashing off me while standing at home I've wanted to see all the commands. Of course same restrictions as big npc (not allowed in high traffic locations)

Still opposed but I am open to a swap d:
---

Already compromised on another thread with builder to the idea of an ::accept ::refuse ::xteleto option.
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF