Our focus for the next few months

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should we focus on in the next few months?

Small updates and improvements, directly from the suggestions or Game Quality Committee forums, like these: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=42741 (1 - 3 days per update)
16%
Making Castle Wars more attractive and more worth doing (2 weeks)
9%
Improving Pest Control, adding elite void armor, making the minigame more interesting and a little more challenging, but also more rewarding (2 weeks)
13%
Improving the agility courses, making them more realistic and more challenging, but also more rewarding (2 weeks)
3%
New bosses (smoke devil, giant mole, kraken, avatars of creation/destruction) with new item drops (3 weeks)
26%
Trade and duel anti-scam measures (3 weeks)
3%
Rework of the zombie minigame with more interesting enemies, better rewards and players getting assigned roles (3 weeks)
5%
Limited version of summoning, provided it's approved by all players (3 weeks)
7%
Improving following/pathing (1 month)
10%
Adding regular pets + quest (1 month)
9%

Total votes: 344

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Our focus for the next few months

Post by Fungamer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm all in for the small updates, new bosses and anti scamming

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:33 pm

The small updates, like the QOL as always, should be a main focus imo.

Ofcourse the boss with their pets would be awesome.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:22 am

Rawr wrote:
  • Castle Wars fixes, please. A few reward tweaks and changes to how tickets are allocated would go a long way to improving everything about it. I'd even go as far as suggesting you even create NPCs that you can play against (obviously with lower ticket rewards) so that people don't have to always wait hours just to get a game.
  • I feel that new bosses should be a priority. Quests would be amazing; something original and with (hopefully) useful rewards is awesome to see. They're content for almost everybody and really help to keep things fresh for people.
  • Not sure why PC should be made 'harder'. It's just a trivial minigame that isn't in any way interesting to play; good luck making it tougher and not infuriating or a pain in the ass.
  • Agility courses aren't honestly worth looking into that much. It's a very insignificant and useless skill once you hit 99. I can't see many people caring about any updates to this, to be honest. The Werewolf course, if tweaked properly, is more than enough.
Agreed except for the quest part, I hate pkhonor's quests so much. Jagex quests aren't too bad because of the great storylines, I hate being unable to pk with my max/comp cape for a few weeks because of them new quests.

If the quest has a good story and doesn't have repetitive requirements like survive these monsters then it might be something otherwise I'm buying services for it.

In my opinion start with the Qol stuff, there's some of my own ideas in it too and you can start with the very low effort yet very useful things like:

Make Fire Capes free to reclaim from refunds.
• Allow Brawling Gloves to be reclaimed from refunds and have a price of 0gp, so they don't protect over anything else, along with any other untradeables (with a few exceptions, I'm sure).
- cheaper curses prayer
- bounty hunter tier system like osrs
- etc
-etc

Things like agility and pest control don't need a whole revamp indeed, just a new course and maybe just some randomized monster spawns will do the trick.
#Justice4Church

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:32 am

Always nice to see you consider community input.

1. CW fix/balance
2. QoL updates
3. New bosses

:thumbsup: .

Kim
Honor Player

Post by Kim » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 am

Thinking from a new player's perspective, I think fixing Castle Wars would be a great update.

When I look for private servers I always hope to see they have a working Castle Wars. If not, I don't play. It's just a perk to have in the game for new players. :zoidberg:

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:26 am

Kim wrote:Thinking from a new player's perspective, I think fixing Castle Wars would be a great update.

When I look for private servers I always hope to see they have a working Castle Wars. If not, I don't play. It's just a perk to have in the game for new players. :zoidberg:
Personally I always look to see what bosses they have and stuff, so I think that should be prioritized first.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:34 am

I think the poll is missing a "give ironmen a way to kill wildywyrm" option.

Slayedbody
Known Venturer

Post by Slayedbody » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:17 am

Why do people want curses to be cheaper? They are cheap. Too many people have paid the current prices to change it now. There's nothing wrong with the price.

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:25 am

Amount wrote:Always nice to see you consider community input.

1. CW fix/balance
2. QoL updates
3. New bosses

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:26 am

Im on meth wrote:
Amount wrote:Always nice to see you consider community input.

1. CW fix/balance
2. QoL updates
3. New bosses

Pat, you are so wise and beautiful.